30 Day Shred buddies wanted :)

Options

Replies

• CrystalCormier987
    CrystalCormier987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A few schedule issues this week-end but I am back at it tonight! Level 1, day 3 fini!
  • sedunlow
    sedunlow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group and start in the AM. It certainly helps when someone else understands how tough the workout is.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 3. Things are so sore! The jumping jacks were killing the muscle that goes to the armpit across my chest (peck muscle?) I am so glad it's only 20 minutes because it's so painful! lol
  • another_chelle
    another_chelle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 4 complete. I'm not doing the Jillian videos exclusively because I like to mix it up. Did a nice 5 mile hike this weekend and a killer Zumba class. Took Monday off as a rest day and missed out on Tuesday work out due to just being too tired.

I'll most likely stick to Level 1 through the next week. At the beginning of tonights video I was thinking of jumping to Level 2 on Monday, but by the end of the video I was out of breath and not keeping up. Want to make sure I can successfully complete Level 1 before moving on.

Also as another poster noted some of the cardio moves are more jarring than others. If I don't like the move she's doing or it's uncomfortable for me I'll switch it up to something I like. I'll do butt kicks instead of jumping jacks.
  • Shadowfax44
    Shadowfax44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    taking today off - going dancing tonight!

To the person who was having leg pain, listen to your body! Definitely substitute the high impact stuff with so other cardio that doesn't hurt. I don't do the butt kicks because they hurt my knees, but I do something else instead.

I was wondering about the yoga video - will try it! I like that it is 30 minutes - I get bored after that. Even with 30DS I turn the volume way down, just check the screen to keep up with the changes, and listen to podcasts instead.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 done!!

I was wondering about her yoga too. Plan on getting her 6 week 6 pack DVD as well
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    taking today off - going dancing tonight!

To the person who was having leg pain, listen to your body! Definitely substitute the high impact stuff with so other cardio that doesn't hurt. I don't do the butt kicks because they hurt my knees, but I do something else.
    Yeah, I think I'll pop my bike on the trainer and just do big ring, high intensity pedaling for the two minutes of cardio. I hate the trainer, but two minute intervals will be fine....and better than hurting!
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 in the books.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 7 done. :smile: And I'm thinking of trying out the yoga DVD too.
  • BayleyBear512
    BayleyBear512 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done!
  • natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 7 done! I'm over those damn jumping Jacks already, that's for sure lol
  • janinewondermum
    janinewondermum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 9 complete today and I've took my measurements too. So far I've lost half an inch from my waist and 3/4 of an inch from my widest part! Oh and a quarter inch from each arm! Everything else has stayed the same but I'm pleased so far :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options
    Level 1 day 9 complete today and I've took my measurements too. So far I've lost half an inch from my waist and 3/4 of an inch from my widest part! Oh and a quarter inch from each arm! Everything else has stayed the same but I'm pleased so far :)

Those are great results after just a third of the way through! :smiley:
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8 done!!!
  • Katie_Y89
    Options

That is great for being 9 days in!!! Imagine what 30 days will be!!
  • Shadowfax44
    Shadowfax44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 done!!!

I will have to check my measurements this weekend. I know the scale hasn't changed but I feel much better overall. Did not get too out of breath at dance class last night, which was a change!
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this now too - did day 3 today. I like the cardio stuff but hate the push-ups, even the modified version. Also don't like the bicycle crunch things, but mainly because I'm not really sure how to do them!
    Feeling great doing it though, looking forward to day 4!
  • Laney293
    Laney293 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join? I'm on level 1 day 5 (again). I did this DVD but stopped after 20 days. I did lose 17lbs though. Having said that I've put 14 back on (must say no to those creamy cocktails in the summer evenings)! Hoping being part of a group will motivate me to continue for the whole 30 days.
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options
    Level 1 day 8 done!
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    Laney293 wrote: »
    Am I too late to join? I'm on level 1 day 5 (again). I did this DVD but stopped after 20 days. I did lose 17lbs though. Having said that I've put 14 back on (must say no to those creamy cocktails in the summer evenings)! Hoping being part of a group will motivate me to continue for the whole 30 days.
    @Laney293 it's never too late to join!!