Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and am working on losing 24lbs. 10 lbs down, but it was a long, hard road.
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ..... I am in, all the best. thx.
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hope to reach my first real mile stone next week. I should be under 150 lbs for the first time in 2 years. Only around 10 more lbs to reach my final goal although they say that is the hardest.
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    rfechter wrote: »
    Hope to reach my first real mile stone next week. I should be under 150 lbs for the first time in 2 years. Only around 10 more lbs to reach my final goal although they say that is the hardest.

WOO! I have a ways to go for 150, but I want it really bad, so I believe it will happen. 10 more pounds, you can do it!

Last Friday's stats:
    197 lbs...another 2 down!
    Neck: 13 5/8
    Bust: 41.5
    Chest: 35.75
    Waist: 38.5
    Hips: 42
    Thigh (R): 27
    Calf: 17
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    In 1 week of Paleo, I've lost 5.8# of water loss.
    Paleo has been allowing me to feel full and keep my calories and macros in control.
    My macros used to be completely lopsided with tons of carbs, which made me want to eat more carbs.

Paleo also encourages me to try new recipes.
    Love the Thai curry coconut soup I made last night for dinner. So filling and loaded with chicken breast (protein) and veggies!

10991500_10209131632073847_2964463977941404228_o.jpg
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Goodness, that soup looks awesome! I love curry. Where did you get the recipe? Congrats on the water loss, I am always so relieved to be rid of excess bloat.

How's everyone doing?
  • weed3463
    weed3463 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's me! I'm 47, with 30 pounds to a healthy weight
  • brendalovettrn
    brendalovettrn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Please add me as a friend. My username is brendalovettrn. Thanks, and Happy Weight Loss!
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Soup looks delish!
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OMG! So I had a sinus infection that turned into pneumonia!!! I was bed ridden for 2 weeks and of course gained 6 pounds. It's going on a month and I finally feel human again and ready to get back to it even more motivated than before
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Back on track and lost 3lbs
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sick and tired of being sick and tired ... Been saying that for a # of years

I'm in
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I have 3 months before my beach vacation.
    That bikini is just taunting me.
    I am focused and taking control!!!
    Join me!
  • mammoo41
    mammoo41 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I'm well over 40 but have been working on "healthy" more than weight loss as my ultimate goal. Been eating clean and love it. Feeling good but would like support and encouragement for incorporating more exercise and strength building. Have 6-active grandchildren and 1 one the way. Want to enjoy then for many years to come.

Mammoo41
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • catgal285
    catgal285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    miacaz02 wrote: »
    If your over 40 and sick and tired of being sick and tired of how you feel and the way you look, then lets do this together! I'm 50 pounds over weight and plan on loosing 2 pounds a week. Let's motivate each other, swap diet secrets, and encourage staying on exercise routines. We got this!

I'm in
  • helenmay161
    helenmay161 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 47 and need to lose 27 pounds. l hurt my back last July and vowed to lose weight and run the Race for Life and the Midnight Run in July 2016, i have lost 41 pounds so far but my weight has plateaued. I'm in training to jog the races but my diet has gone astray and i need extra support and motivation from people who understand how hard it is
  • jcorkern
    jcorkern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Two goals:
    1) To maintain a strong and flexible core;
    2) Get a six pack for the first time ever (no, guys, not beer!).

I started yoga (slowly) three years ago, hoping for relief from a painful back injury. It worked; Yoga beat the pain (severe) and I fired the doctors. Goal #1 attained. I have kept it up, but I can do more. I'm no victim, so no excuses; none.

43 / SW: 201 / CW: 195 / GW: 175

Before injury I lost 45lbs in 90 days (from a fluffy 225lbs to a firm 180). It was truly easier than I imagined; just showing up consistently and eating pretty well did the trick. No miracles, no pills, no ancient seaweed juice, no trainer, no special shoes... just honest effort and a plan. Best to your efforts!
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok this 44YO is in for this one. Had my annual exam and gained 5 pounds in a year. My diet hasn't gotten that bad and I play tennis once or twice a week. Blaming my metabolism! So gotta kick it into get somehow!
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see so many people on the same road to a healthier you. Me too. I've got 10 - 15 lbs to go. I don't know how to join or what joining means but I like the post I read and wish everyone the best.