Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    miacaz02 wrote: »
    If your over 40 and sick and tired of being sick and tired of how you feel and the way you look, then lets do this together! I'm 50 pounds over weight and plan on loosing 2 pounds a week. Let's motivate each other, swap diet secrets, and encourage staying on exercise routines. We got this!

Hi I've been using mfp for a week now, and have stumbled across this challenge. Please can you let me know how I can join? I'm 44 years old and believe it's time to make some good lifestyle changes. Over the past few years my weight has been slowly increasing. Now I want to take control by losing about 20lbs and get fitter along the process. I joined a gym last week.
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here is my update
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds with swimming, lots of water, and eating good.... Who else has an update???
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds with swimming, lots of water, and eating good.... Who else has an update???
    Well done!!
  • helenmay161
    helenmay161 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    159 pounds. Fitbit surge is my best friend and motivator
  • helenmay161
    helenmay161 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try the free app Couch to 5k (learn to run 3 miles in 9 weeks).... Really helps to raise your heart rate and get you fit
  • dionnependley
    dionnependley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 stones to loose by September! I'm in.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options

Great job!
    What time frame was the loss?

What's your favorite snack for between dinner and bedtime?
    I eat dinner EARLY w/ my kids ~4-5:3pm, and I go to bed between 11pm-1am, so I usually need a snack.
    Appreciate suggestions.

Amanda
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just found this challenge. I've been out of MFP for a while but back in with a vengeance.
    I started keeping track this year on March 3rd.
    I'm 46 (47 in July).
    March 3rd I weighed 266. 38.2% body fat.
    I've been walking/jogging/running in the mornings and started swimming at lunch.
    I make protein smoothies in the morning that gets me 4 meals during the day and then a reasonable dinner.
    Today is May 4th, 2 months in. I weigh 239 and 29.4% body fat.
    That's a loss of 27 lbs and 9.2% body fat. That's a lot for 2 months and I know I can't expect to keep that up.
    I want to get to 190 and am on track at 2.8 lbs per week to get there by September 8th.

If anyone wants specifics on what I've done, how I track it, and what's in those protein smoothies, feel free to friend me and I'll let you know.

• jreed15849
    jreed15849 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in...41 and want to loose 60lbs..
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    lchadwick3 wrote: »
    Just found this challenge. I've been out of MFP for a while but back in with a vengeance.
    I started keeping track this year on March 3rd.
    I'm 46 (47 in July).
    March 3rd I weighed 266. 38.2% body fat.
    I've been walking/jogging/running in the mornings and started swimming at lunch.
    I make protein smoothies in the morning that gets me 4 meals during the day and then a reasonable dinner.
    Today is May 4th, 2 months in. I weigh 239 and 29.4% body fat.
    That's a loss of 27 lbs and 9.2% body fat. That's a lot for 2 months and I know I can't expect to keep that up.
    I want to get to 190 and am on track at 2.8 lbs per week to get there by September 8th.

If anyone wants specifics on what I've done, how I track it, and what's in those protein smoothies, feel free to friend me and I'll let you know.

GREAT Progress!

I'm keeping a tab on you to see how you change things up when you get w/in 5-10# and 2-3% body fat, because that's where I am, and boy, is it slow go.
    On top of that, I'm only 4'11" so there's not much room for diet tweaking, etc. Just have to watch every bite and every ingredient for the food I cook, and lifting weights.
    Amanda
  • melodie1228
    melodie1228 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to loose and get back into shape !!! I turned 40 in march and getting back into shape is a struggle, need more motivation. please count me in :-)
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amanda (huango). Today was National Day of Prayer. I'm the incoming president of the Chamber of Commerce in my town and was asked to say a prayer for business/education and I didn't get to do my routine as usual. But I didn't go crazy with meals, either. I totally expect to hit a wall at some point and I have plenty of Shaun T to shock my system. Insanity and T25. I also have a big tractor tire on hand to mix it up a little.

I'll update my progress next week and look forward to you holding me accountable and seeing how it works getting to low body fat.

Les
  • annamariedormile1972
    annamariedormile1972 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Let's do it!