Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. :-)
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    51yo. Lost a total of 40kg (about 88lb) in 2011 but gained back quite a bit. This time slow and steady to win the race. More friends welcome. Feel free to add me.

I know how this feels. When I lost my job 1.5 years ago I just started slowly gaining the weight back. Now in a new home and new job I needed to get serious again for health reasons. Welcome to the group. You can do it.
  • rfechter
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I quit dieting because I'm sick of counting calories! This is the heaviest I've ever been. I need something to get me motivated.

I don't think it is ever too late to join. Welcome.
  • rfechter
    Options
    It is hard sometimes. I jumped on the scale for my weekly weigh in and have gained back two pounds. I know and tell myself that weight isn't everything. It is more how I feel and how my clothes fit but it is still discouraging sometimes. Especially when you are trying very hard to watch what you eat and getting exercise. It is my birthday this weekend I am turning 45 and feel I haven't made any progress.
  • aiyvega
    aiyvega Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • lgshelton
    lgshelton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    rfechter wrote: »
    It is hard sometimes. I jumped on the scale for my weekly weigh in and have gained back two pounds. I know and tell myself that weight isn't everything. It is more how I feel and how my clothes fit but it is still discouraging sometimes. Especially when you are trying very hard to watch what you eat and getting exercise. It is my birthday this weekend I am turning 45 and feel I haven't made any progress.

I know what you mean. I lost 4 pounds the first week. I walked a lot and ate right. Went to the doctor and found that I had gained it back. I am very discouraged at this point.
  • Becsinkl
    Becsinkl Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone , happy to find this group. Am a 42 year old mum of 3 young boys, so feel very tired most of the time ;) I've about 60lbs to lose, give or take....look forward to the motivation of this group!
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Im 43 and am struggling to shed the extra weight. Just cant seem to build muscle or boost my metablism these days no matter what i do.
    im getting caughts up on some posts but wanted to wish you all lu,k in reaching your goals
  • rfechter
    Options
    Having tough thoughts today. This weekend is my birthday and we are going out of town. Will be eating in restaurants most of the time. Part of me just wants to leave the food journal home and just have fun without worrying about it.
  • Gonnagetfit4life2015
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism so my metabolism is super slow. It's discouraging when I diet for like 2 weeks and only lose half a pound. :(
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism so my metabolism is super slow. It's discouraging when I diet for like 2 weeks and only lose half a pound. :(

You should be proud with the obstacle you face that the scale is moving in the direction you want it to!!

• Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options

The scale for me is being really mean this week showing I'm up 3 lbs and I know mathematically that it can be, so I'm ignoring it. It's going to be the week I take measurements to reinforce the hard work I've been putting in to keep me motivated. I figure between my sodium intake and the new job I started this week that has to be some of the cause for the gain showing. I really don't know, but I'm glad I have measurements to back me up. It's a good thing I don't look at the number on the scale like I used to. The number on the scale is just that "a number" for me these days. When I went into my closet on Saturday I tried on old clothes that were tight or didn't fit at all and they fit!! That is all the encouragement I need right now :D

I always remind myself: the scale is just a number!! Life is short and we should be living to be happy and the real goal should be to get healthy!! Weight loss is just a side effect of this ;)

Adding to my thoughts: We are not defined by a number, or a statistic! We are individuals!! We only get one chance to LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH!! So why not do this with the best self we can, being healthy will definitely increase our chances of being able to do that!

• jenbartrom
    jenbartrom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to be part of this! Been logging for 38 days now. I have lost 12 lbs, but need to lose 20 more!

Sw 158
    Cw 146
    Gw 125
  • stellabest99
    stellabest99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in... aiming to lose the 60-70lbs that snuck on when I wasn't looking! I'm 42, and it seems to take longer than it did 20 years ago to get rid of those pesky pounds!
  • Gonnagetfit4life2015
    Options
    Kitzey wrote: »
    The scale for me is being really mean this week showing I'm up 3 lbs and I know mathematically that it can be, so I'm ignoring it. It's going to be the week I take measurements to reinforce the hard work I've been putting in to keep me motivated. I figure between my sodium intake and the new job I started this week that has to be some of the cause for the gain showing. I really don't know, but I'm glad I have measurements to back me up. It's a good thing I don't look at the number on the scale like I used to. The number on the scale is just that "a number" for me these days. When I went into my closet on Saturday I tried on old clothes that were tight or didn't fit at all and they fit!! That is all the encouragement I need right now :D

I always remind myself: the scale is just a number!! Life is short and we should be living to be happy and the real goal should be to get healthy!! Weight loss is just a side effect of this ;)

Adding to my thoughts: We are not defined by a number, or a statistic! We are individuals!! We only get one chance to LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH!! So why not do this with the best self we can, being healthy will definitely increase our chances of being able to do that!

Wow! Congratulations on getting back in your old clothes!
  • sheafferlynn
    sheafferlynn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wt 206
  • fitmomo3
    fitmomo3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too! I am 42 and started logging Jan 4/2016. I am now 165 but would like to lose 40 lbs. am down 7.6 lbs in 6 weeks.
  • argentum
    argentum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • tmpclarkson
    tmpclarkson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge. I had been using a different app but it has lost its luster for me, so I thought I would try this one. I am 47F looking to lose 42lbs more. I have lost 6 since beginning of January, but have a long way to go and would love some help with motivation.

Sw 188
    Cw 182
    Gw 140

Anyone interested in swapping recipes/weight loss tips, feel free to send me a message!
  • ladidido
    ladidido Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm committed to logging daily -the good, the bad, and the ugly. I plan to lose 30 lbs. or lose 8 inches off my waist, whichever comes first, by Jan 2017. That's only.5-1 pound per week but I'm not setting my goals too aggressively. I realize things just take longer at my age (43)! One day at a time.