Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• firepro
    firepro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on board
    Started a diet that was supposed to be easy, but that was a lie.

Sw 272.5
    Cw 253
    Gw 190

1.11 272.5
    1.18 261 11.5
    1.25 259 2.0
    2.01 257 2.5
    2.08 254.5 3.0
    2.15 253.5. 1.0

From memory
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! How is everyone doing?

I had someone ask me my secret to losing weight the other day, I chuckle when people think there is some secret to losing weight. When I explained it is 'hard work and determination" they just looked and asked well what diet? I'm not on a diet, so I couldn't answer that. People don't understand you don't need to diet to lose weight you just need to watch your calories in/calories out.

I do not disallow myself any foods, if I want something I eat it. If i go over my calories for the day I don't beat myself up, I mean do we beat ourselves up on the days we don't eat the minimum daily allotment? I feel, it all works out in the end and if it doesn't you need to take a peek at your diary and be honest with yourself.

I've got 2 pounds to hit my first mini goal then I will be setting another 10lb goal. Hard to believe I'm less than 30lbs from my ultimate goal!
  • Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A little late but I'd like to join... I'm 48 and would like to lose about 35 lbs. I'd love to lose 25 by June when my son graduates from high school.
  • Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love this, im in
  • tigereyez2016
    tigereyez2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to b n ur group, not sure how this all wrks still learning, im not sure on how 2 even friend people....
  • cindyannette
    cindyannette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please count me in!!
  • kim_dropping_lbs
    Options
    Count me in!
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Kitzey wrote: »
    Hey all!! How is everyone doing?

I had someone ask me my secret to losing weight the other day, I chuckle when people think there is some secret to losing weight. When I explained it is 'hard work and determination" they just looked and asked well what diet? I'm not on a diet, so I couldn't answer that. People don't understand you don't need to diet to lose weight you just need to watch your calories in/calories out.

I do not disallow myself any foods, if I want something I eat it. If i go over my calories for the day I don't beat myself up, I mean do we beat ourselves up on the days we don't eat the minimum daily allotment? I feel, it all works out in the end and if it doesn't you need to take a peek at your diary and be honest with yourself.

I've got 2 pounds to hit my first mini goal then I will be setting another 10lb goal. Hard to believe I'm less than 30lbs from my ultimate goal!

I love your attitude. I listen to a lot of people around me talking about this diet or that diet and denying certain foods. For me that is a sure way to failure. If I deny myself the occasional treat I am more likely to go out an binge on the very item I am trying to avoid.
  • tmfix416
    tmfix416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please
  • Zee301
    Zee301 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over forty/under forty, it all takes commitment! Commit to you and a healthy lifestyle and it will come together and you will reach your goals!
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I can't believe how much counting calories has helped me, in just the last few days! Being mindful and AWARE is everything. I'm feeling great and I plan on keeping the good vibes flowing!
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I would like to be added to the team here. Just started MFP again, last time it helped me so much. Unfortunately stress of life got me and I am back up...sigh.

Time to start over. I have been going to the gym 3 times a week for the last 4 weeks doing my lifting routine, and I will be continuing my logging here.

205 last Wednesday.
  • crakmasta
    crakmasta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd be game for that.
  • Lawanda1004
    Lawanda1004 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    miacaz02 wrote: »
    If your over 40 and sick and tired of being sick and tired of how you feel and the way you look, then lets do this together! I'm 50 pounds over weight and plan on loosing 2 pounds a week. Let's motivate each other, swap diet secrets, and encourage staying on exercise routines. We got this!

I'm in
  • blue443
    blue443 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Lost 45 already and looking to drop 29 more.
  • mimzerz
    mimzerz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • kdzruz126
    kdzruz126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join your group
  • JILLCLI4D
    JILLCLI4D Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Who all has lost weight?
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Kitzey wrote: »

WTG!!!