Craving sugar constantly, fruits not cutting it!

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    mrzpeep391 wrote: »
    Embarrassed to admit but lately I've been eating a squirt of chocolate redi whip when chocolate cravings hit. <1 gram of sugar and carbs 15 calories.

that's an awesome idea actually!
  • retro_belle24
    retro_belle24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just made this little breakfast drink for me this morning and once I drank it I thought it would be a great dessert drink for when you're craving something sweet too. It's 3 grams of sugar, 39 grams of protein, 12 grams carbs, 6 grams fiber, and 20 grams fat:

Protein, Whey Isolate - Six Star - Decadent Chocolate, 1 scoop
    Silk Lu - Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Delicious Almond milk , 1 cup
    Walmart Great Value - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp
    Hershey's Cocoa - 100% Cacao Natural Unsweetened, 1 Tbsp.
    1 cup of ice

Blend together and serve
  • haugentimo
    haugentimo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dill Pickles!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Also, when I was on Atkins years ago, I made sugar-free (sucralose) Jello, let it set in individual cups, then topped them with whipped cream, and froze them. The orange Jello gives you a kind of creamsicle, but my fav was the key lime!! (PS: I don't use sucralose anymore, so I don't make these anymore, either.)
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i have skinny cow ice cream sandwiches - 150 calories. i get my ice cream fix without feeling like i went overboard
  • GRAMMADIANNE64
    GRAMMADIANNE64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me. I can't help adding some commentary to the 'sugar' issue, however...Almost anything sweet can create a craving for me...Part of the reason I am here. So many people share that there is nothing wrong with sugar consumption. For me, in almost any way shape or form, it has become one of my worst enemies. It is truly addictive and indulging that urge, creates another, and another. For those who may not be aware, it has a direct link to inflammation in the body as well as weight gain. I believe I will have a love-hate relationship with sugar forevermore. Balance & substitutions will be my direction of choice.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Suggestions? Recipe?
    My solution was to just suck it up and work through the cravings. In time, they stopped.
    Fasting also helped train my mind to resist hunger cravings.
    Good Luck! :)
  • cassafrass85
    cassafrass85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eating anything is ok, the key is moderation.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    mrzpeep391 wrote: »
    Embarrassed to admit but lately I've been eating a squirt of chocolate redi whip when chocolate cravings hit. <1 gram of sugar and carbs 15 calories.
    I think I need to go buy a can of whipped cream. Oh chocolate, how I desire thee.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    haugentimo wrote: »
    Dill Pickles!

How on earth is a dill pickle going to solve a craving for something chocolate or sweet? I mean, I'm all about dill pickles, but not when I want a brownie or slice of cheesecake.

I like the chocolate redi-whip idea! :)
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Have you tried stevia? It works for me. I don't like to eat sugar because it fires up my appetite something fierce. It's a personal preference. Just like choosing to eat sugar for some is. People on here get super nasty about whether or not someone eats sugar I have noticed. I wish they would keep hateful sugar defending comments on the debate board. I can't eat a lot of calories so sugary foods easily destroy my deficit.
  • jetfixer03
    jetfixer03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and peanut butter chocolate quest bars are my savior! Or a sugar free popsicle.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I make "banana Ice cream" I have a Yonanas machine and it takes frozen bananas and makes it into a frozen ice cream like desert.
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Activa yogurt with some cut up strawberries tossed in. Kills my sweet tooth. And there is no guilt for having 2.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Go Paleo and stick to fruit, and an occasional SERVING of raw honey or pure maple syrup. Stay away from agave, molasses, etc. and artificials. Just my humble opinion.
  • staceyxb
    staceyxb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth has been my downfall ! Since i was a child after my main meal my parents would give me a dessert so i think my body expects it, over the past few weeks ive tried waiting 30 minutes after my meal to go in search for a sugary snack and more often than not my sweet tooth disapears :).
    But im not going to cut sugar out i just dont think its realistic but since having sweet things less when i do give in it tastes so much better :)
  • joeneely71
    joeneely71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I finally kicked the my ice cream habit by replacing it with 2 - 3 oz sliced strawberries topped with .5 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt and 1 TB of brown sugar.
  • MissGB11
    MissGB11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    FYI folks, some of us can't have sugar (almost all of the ose's)... Such as myself who is insulin resistant. I produce huge amounts of insulin even when eating a tiny amount of sugar. I avoid fructose, sucrose and glucose and limit my lactose (surprisingly I've found low fat dairy has higher lactose than full fat). Even if the OP isn't insulin resistant or diabetic, wanting to cut sugar down or defeat a sugar addiction is an awesome thing to do. Myself, I dream about peanut m&m's... Tasty lil morsels. But even a small serve screws with my insulin.

Honey IS sugar. It will not help. It has both fructose and glucose molecules plus some goodies but essentially has the same major chemical composition as sucrose. I work on bee research & tend to hives - it is the biggest tease to harvest raw, unfiltered rainforest honey that you can't eat. I prefer honey to cane sugar (I live in cane growing country too, ugh). https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/ramseycountyextension/news/extended-to-you/2012-extended-to-you/honey-or-sugar

Don't fear artificial sweeteners! The study that vilified aspartame was dodgy... I got used to the taste but I don't have it every day. I find the more I eat sweets, artificial or natural, the more I crave. Sugar free hard lollies are good and you typically can't have too many as some non-sugars like maltitol are like laxatives in large quantities hahaha a GREAT deterrent.
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/aspartame-truth-vs-fiction/

• Tamijennelle
    Tamijennelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Eat non refined sugar.
    My husband is indian and hindus are health nuts.
    We use jaggery. Its sugar in its purest form...cane juice dried into powder.
    If you dont have an indian market you can buy it on amazon im sure.
    Your body is able to process it.