The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    We had some roll thru Thursday evening. One of my poor dogs can't stand when the power comes back on. He was whining and shaking. I love a good storm as long as I'm not at work lol ;)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to get thunderstorms tonight all the way through Wednesday. Gonna go get the first of my rounds done before they hit.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Whats up my night shift peeps? I actually get two days off after 5am. Have to qual on Tues, but once that is out of the way, I still have my day. I have a hankering to smoke some ribs, which is exactly what I am going to do.
  • TK6299
    Options
    Are you going to ignore us when you go to day shift... :(
  • Tempest07
    Tempest07 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Going into the light?
  • TK6299
    Options
    Yes, you are still allowed to stop by anytime!
  • TK6299
    Options
    But then who am I to tell you no. ;)
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I'm confused
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm confused

It's a common feeling. You get used to it.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,194 Member
    Options
    Try not to make sense of the universe. The Chaos theory rules the universe.
  • backontheattack
    backontheattack Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I have a 10 month old who doesn't sleep through the night. So I'm usually up.. lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sure! You're welcome to enjoy our insane night humor. :smile:
  • godzsoldia
    godzsoldia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Working these 10 hour nights
  • TK6299
    Options
    Going to bed. It's my night off. Have to say goodnight my Night Shift peeps.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Weird nights the last couple. Glad tonight will be my last for the week. Guy comes in insisting we call his regular vet. My tech just told him, "Would you go to the ER and expect them to call your regular physician?" He still insisted and she finally just told him it was me or he could go find his regular vets house and get him out of bed. I'm sure he would have enjoyed that. The guy finally gave in and let me see the dog.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Went out on the Fat Tire bike today. Took a nap before coming to work. The alarm went off and I shut it off and fell right back to sleep. Thank heavens for a wife that was watching out for me and had my dinner packed and ready to go and made sure I was up in time for work.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    My work week is almost done. I'm home tonight; work Wednesday and Thursday night and that's it till Monday. So ready for the weekend. I think it's the first in a couple months where we have no major plans. I managed to get the lawn mowed Monday afternoon and it rained all day today. Hopefully we can tackle the front flower bed this weekend. They have more grass than some parts of my yard :s
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    i almost never have to set an alarm, as i usually work backwards...go to sleep soon after coming home from work, and generally wake up well in advance of having to come in - but I'm cramming a ton of stuff into the next couple of days, so I'm doin' the alarm this week. and yeah - not one of my favorite feelings.

runs in tandem with one of only a couple of reoccurring dreams that have plagued me my whole life...i used to work at my hometown radio station in high school, and now and then i'll have dreams where a song is about to end, and i'm searching frantically for something to play coming out of the fade and there are no records anywhere in the booth to be found.

haven't had that dream in ages...but i probably just jinxed myself.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    My mantra: It's my Friday. It's my Friday.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I think that is one of my more anxiety producing moments, when I sleep through my alarm...doesn't happen often but when it does, eeks.

Same here. I've woken up in a panic thinking I missed it when in realty, I have like an hour more to sleep. But I've slept thru an alarm more than once.