Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm a burger gal too! I told my fiance that when I get my finger tattoos, one will be a mini burger. I'm like Wimpy from Popeye...I eat a burger for breakfast almost daily. (Shame on me, I know) I used to eat a Jr Bacon Cheese now I eat a Jr Deluxe Cheese...no mayo or bacon...watch me be healthy----er, lol.

Steak. Rare, please. Growing up, my mom, grandfather and I would dip our bread/biscuit/corn muffin in the pooled blood/juices from the serving plate when we had steak! My favorite thing to make with steak now for sauces always starts with those same pooled juices after letting the steak rest a bit. My mouth is watering right now, for realz... Now any other meat, I like DRY....like halfway to jerky, dry.

I too, enjoy pumpkin stuff...I've already had multiple pumpkin spice things this year! But spiced/pumpkin beer grosses me out. Schlafly makes some AWESOME beer but their pumpkin beer is one of my bottom 3 worst...sadly their bourbon barrel imperial stout is also in that bottom 3. Belgians are so different, I like a good "barnyard-y" one but the clove/banana ones give me the "cough medicine shivers", iykwim. I love to try Belgians...they are hella complex. Sours too, so different, so many levels of flavors. My fiance took first place in the Belgian category last year for his first beer competition! Wasn't my favorite of his though...he makes a pale ale that smells like those mini fruity marshmallows and candied pineapple...still properly bitter...now THAT is good shizz...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You guys from TN/NC...I'm sure you are familiar with my faaaaaaavorite band...Old Crow Medicine Show? I've been...obsessed...with them since the mid 2000s. I've seen 'em live a dozen times or so, have some of their song lyrics tattooed on me...their music...THAT is my church. I listen to them erryday...my music on my phone is probably 70% theirs...a good 20% Lucero...9% mix of Justin Townes Earle, The Deslondes, Social Distortion, Sublime, The Sadies, Ugly Valley Boys, Hackensaw Boys, Pokey LaFarge and the other 1% just random shizz...

I remember telling my fiance when I first started listening to them...they were going to get BIG someday. He doubted me...said an old timey band would never make it big. They may not be BIG...like on the Top 40 big, but they've won Grammys, toured with Willie mothertruckin' Nelson and their signature song has been made BIG by ol' Hootie. My fiance wasn't even a fan...at all...he likes metal (and old country). I started dragging him to shows and now he is a fan and will tell people how awesome their live shows are. Seriously. They are an EXPERIENCE. I probably burn HUNDREDS of calories. I dance the entire time, leave dripping sweat and with bruised elbows from banging on the stage while clapping...no exaggeration. Nothing makes me feel like their live shows...it is like straight dopamine...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So this isn't news to anyone but I am USELESS before my first cup of coffee and I have some evidence to provide for this.
    I weighed myself this evening when I woke up, after using the restroom and before eating/drinking anything, and saw 179.4 lbs and I was PISSED because I've been that weight for a freaking week and I'm doing everything right and I'm working out and eating well and I just...GAH!!!
    Then my mom tells me to get on it again, so I do. THEN I realize I'm a GIANT dumb dumb because it said 178.4 and I read it as 179.4 because I can not do ANYTHING, this now includes reading a digital scale, before my first cup of coffee.

ETA: I now need to assign someone else to read the scale for me because I can not read it myself....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Our scale will weigh you...then tell you how much you gained/lost with a little up or down arrow to signify loss/gain. Sometimes I hate that bish...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Our scale will weigh you...then tell you how much you gained/lost with a little up or down arrow to signify loss/gain. Sometimes I hate that bish...

I wanted nothing to do with that. Because I thought I could read a scale and do math....I was wrong... :pensive:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    maybe i'm the outlier, but my taste would tend to fall between "wait..." and "..what are you doing?" on the chart above.

not a fan of bloody meat. sorry. :)

It's not blood though. The juice, while red in color, is technically not blood but a mixture of water and myoglobin (a protein in the muscle fibers responsible for giving meat its red color). Blood is actually removed during the slaughter process.

ETA: Grammar is not my strong point before my second cup of coffee...

Second ETA: You like your steak how you like your steak. As long as you can stomach what you've done to it without A1 or Heinz 57 or any other 'meat accents' then more power to ya.
    Woah I just learned a thing. I alwys thought it was blood!

Me too, I had no idea! I like some steak sauce on the side but I gotta measure it out or else I go all out lol. And then mop the juices with bread. Sooo good.

My scale is not digital and my weight has fluctuated 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks. 10 flippin pounds. So I won't weight myself again till I see the heart dr next week.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I seriously sat here for a FULL MINUTE pondering about how the phrase "Oooh, nice burn!" means something totally different on MFP versus out there in the 'real' world.....
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I dropped, then shot back up. I dunno if I'm that dehydrated ( don't think I am) or if it's med's, or that I'm finally getting my TOM back on schedule. The worst acne I've ever had and my boobs hurt. FML
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I dropped, then shot back up. I dunno if I'm that dehydrated ( don't think I am) or if it's med's, or that I'm finally getting my TOM back on schedule. The worst acne I've ever had and my boobs hurt. FML

It SOUNDS like TOM is on the way...dislike.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Some days it's great to be a guy. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ^ absolutely
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I've about an hour left. And it is Friiiiiiidaaaaay! (for me!)

I'm going to work on my latest apron (pockets made and attached, hemmed bottom so far), take a nap before picking up the tot, then soccer practice. I need to find a Snow White wig, too.

My kid wants to be a witch. I told her in the future, I'll be able to make her costumes. She wanted me to make it this year but that was when I first started and felt really unsure. I know I'm not very good yet but I think I could make one. Thinking about suprising her with it...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I've about an hour left. And it is Friiiiiiidaaaaay! (for me!)

I'm going to work on my latest apron (pockets made and attached, hemmed bottom so far), take a nap before picking up the tot, then soccer practice. I need to find a Snow White wig, too.

My kid wants to be a witch. I told her in the future, I'll be able to make her costumes. She wanted me to make it this year but that was when I first started and felt really unsure. I know I'm not very good yet but I think I could make one. Thinking about suprising her with it...

I think you can do it!
    Tonight(Tuesday) will be my "Friday" so I'll be on tonight guys. Wooohoo.... Hopefully I wont be as tired as I am right now. This is so unusual for me as I know I slept pretty well...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm off on Thursday. I'm going to go bike the Hiawatha trail in Idaho. Should be beautiful fall colors. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Tonight(Tuesday) will be my "Friday" so I'll be on tonight guys. Wooohoo.... Hopefully I wont be as tired as I am right now. This is so unusual for me as I know I slept pretty well...

Tonight's my "Tuesday" and I'm already wishing it were Friday.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah! My shift is almost over. I have to run by the hospital for blood work and then home to bed. I can hear my bed calling my name already. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yeah! My shift is almost over. I have to run by the hospital for blood work and then home to bed. I can hear my bed calling my name already. :smile:

Mmm...beeeedddd...

• hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    ok, I'm awake. buckled in at my desk.

other than @lilaclovebird very nearly tossing her scale out the window, did i miss anything else?

• hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You guys from TN/NC...I'm sure you are familiar with my faaaaaaavorite band...Old Crow Medicine Show? I've been...obsessed...with them since the mid 2000s. I've seen 'em live a dozen times or so, have some of their song lyrics tattooed on me...their music...THAT is my church. I listen to them erryday...my music on my phone is probably 70% theirs...a good 20% Lucero...9% mix of Justin Townes Earle, The Deslondes, Social Distortion, Sublime, The Sadies, Ugly Valley Boys, Hackensaw Boys, Pokey LaFarge and the other 1% just random shizz...

I remember telling my fiance when I first started listening to them...they were going to get BIG someday. He doubted me...said an old timey band would never make it big. They may not be BIG...like on the Top 40 big, but they've won Grammys, toured with Willie mothertruckin' Nelson and their signature song has been made BIG by ol' Hootie. My fiance wasn't even a fan...at all...he likes metal (and old country). I started dragging him to shows and now he is a fan and will tell people how awesome their live shows are. Seriously. They are an EXPERIENCE. I probably burn HUNDREDS of calories. I dance the entire time, leave dripping sweat and with bruised elbows from banging on the stage while clapping...no exaggeration. Nothing makes me feel like their live shows...it is like straight dopamine...

I think "Top 40 Big" is fast becoming irrelevant.

You've been to the shows, you've seen the crowds - OCMS is doing just fine, folks, thank you very much.

The Avett Brothers - same thing. They'll never have a "hit" record, but they've worked their a$$es off for the past decade and a half, and it's paid off for them.

Nobody makes any money selling records in this day and age unless you're Taylor Swift...which is everybody but Taylor Swift. If you can't deliver on the road, you're not gonna have much of a run.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    8icr90x6wqv4.jpg
    Ok, what do you guys think of this dress for a wedding I'm supposed to attend Sat?