Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I swear I've had days where I need a little caffeine just to get to sleep.

My father's the same way, caffeine before bed and he falls asleep. I can't. Even the wrong decaf and I'm affected.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Just want to recognize you all for staying true to this thread. I never see it during the day! It's only active at night!!! You all know when to shut it down them bring it back...well done indeed.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 920X. It tracks my steps like a fitbit would but it also can be used for other activities like cycling and jogging and walking but tracking HR, GPS, Power and time. A fair bit larger than a fitbit though.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone2 and I love it. Tracks my steps and sleep. Has a stopwatch to time exercise that isn't necessarily walking/running. Syncs with MFP. I use mapmywalk to track distance and it too syncs with MFP. My jawbone does but it comes up short on the distance.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I miss caffeine but I think it's best we stay apart. I don't think I'll ever stop craving sugar free red bull.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Caffeine and I are an old married couple at this point. Neither of us are going anywhere, and we don't even use words to communicate most of the time.
  • hamptontom
    Options

I posted this elsewhere, but wanted to share it with you guys because...well, while i COULD have written it myself, I didn't - but this guy did. :)

How To Lose Weight In Four Easy Steps
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @hamptontom I don't even know where to begin. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing it. Seems we're all fighting the same demons.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    I posted this elsewhere, but wanted to share it with you guys because...well, while i COULD have written it myself, I didn't - but this guy did. :)

That was hilarious! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

That was a great read!
  • belimawr
    Options
    So I just got a message from a high school bud. Another high school bud's wedding is in a month, and I'm expected. F***. I don't know how to wear anything other than a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    See if you can get him to make that the wedding attire. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a fitbit? Do you ABSOLUTELY love it? Is it worth it? I'm unsure about it...
    I have a One and I really like it!

I had one, keyword, had. It was one of the older, clip-on models. It got washed in the laundry and didn't survive. It was a fun little device. I think it can help "motivate" you to get more active, get in those steps, that sorta thing.
  • belimawr
    Options
    See if you can get him to make that the wedding attire. :smile:

Yeah, don't think that's happening.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Anyone have a fitbit? Do you ABSOLUTELY love it? Is it worth it? I'm unsure about it...
    I have a One and I really like it!

I had one, keyword, had. It was one of the older, clip-on models. It got washed in the laundry and didn't survive. It was a fun little device. I think it can help "motivate" you to get more active, get in those steps, that sorta thing.
    Mine went for a swim in the washing machine, too. After that it started vibrating and wouldn't stop so I emailed tech support and they just sent me a new one, no questions asked.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. That was nice of them. :smile: My Garmin bit the dust on an update and when I called, they sent me a new one. Well, Technically, they had me send mine back and then they sent a new one but either way, I got a new one at no cost.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I had a jawbone up24 and it kinda started falling apart after 6 months. They mailed me a new one and I mailed my old one back. No questions asked either.
  • hamptontom
    Options
    i'm going to have to get on the FitBit bandwagon soon...i don't think the iPhone is really cuttin' it.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    i'm going to have to get on the FitBit bandwagon soon...i don't think the iPhone is really cuttin' it.
    All the cool kids are doing it!

• hamptontom
    Options
    well, now i guess i GOTTA jump on it. :)