Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »
    boy, we're awfully comatose for a friday night, folks.

Sigh...I'm at work, but I'm a 1/2 step away from being ACTUALLY comatose, so there's that...

• ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh yah here it is again...nightshift thread...right on time ladies and gentleman
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Sigh...I'm at work, but I'm a 1/2 step away from being ACTUALLY comatose, so there's that...

understood. i've been here since 3pm, and i think i've had maybe a half dozen calls all night.

i've gotta get more creative in the use of my "in between" time around here. :)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Same here, I'm having a really hard time getting going.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @nbusam7 I'm a Public Safety Officer for MD Anderson at one of their research facilities out in BFE.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    NO FRUIT JUICE!

lol! Great read @hamptontom, Thank you for that!
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    NO FRUIT JUICE!

i hoped you guys would enjoy that as much as i did. :)

you've been conspicuously absent...where've ya been?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    NO FRUIT JUICE!

i hoped you guys would enjoy that as much as i did. :)

you've been conspicuously absent...where've ya been?

I get Wednesday and Thursday nights off. :smiley:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    So I'm not the only one who is having a Monday shift on Friday night lol
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    The less going on during my shift, the better. The less peopling I have to do, the better they think I am at my job.

Ain't that the truth...

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    I love a night off. They don't come often, but if the interview I'm doing next week works out, I'll be on here a lot less. :smile: The only problem with a night off is all the mail and notices that pile up. You would think someone else could take care of it while I'm gone.

New job? Congrats... it's gonna feel weird not being up at night for a while, though. I certainly don't miss it when I'm on vacation.

Nope. Same job. We have been trying to get another vet in here for about a year so I'm pulling double shifts. We have an interested vet that we are interviewing on Wednesday. I'm hoping she works out. I could really use the break.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My kid kicked *kitten* in soccer Thursday! It was only a practice but she did so well, showed a lot of iniative...can't wait for the game tomorrow! Only problem is one of the grammas is coming...my kid will be staring at gramma the whole time looking for her reaction instead of watching the game...we'll see...

Bought the witch costume pattern! It is going to be a real witch to make, I can already tell...one step at a time though. Kiddo is going with grams after the game tomorrow so I need to buckle down and get it started Saturday. I intended on starting it today but I started cleaning this morning and got on a roll. Do you ever just stroll around from room to room marvelling at the cleanliness/order after a good cleaning? I do. I just stand there at the doorway and stare...I know it won't last long, I guess, so I take it all in. I also found a broom for her (and my Snow White wig)...as I was driving home, it was propped up in my passenger seat. It made me chuckle because...well...as I captioned it on IG...people are suspicious enough already...lol.

Sooo, I'm thinking light pink or medium pink for my next color...this blue is dingy and I'm oooover it.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    bigm94rcafys.jpg

Photos from my ride yesterday. The Hiawatha trail where the old Milwaukee rail used to climb over Lookout Pass.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    My kid kicked *kitten* in soccer Thursday! It was only a practice but she did so well, showed a lot of iniative...can't wait for the game tomorrow! Only problem is one of the grammas is coming...my kid will be staring at gramma the whole time looking for her reaction instead of watching the game...we'll see...

Bought the witch costume pattern! It is going to be a real witch to make, I can already tell...one step at a time though. Kiddo is going with grams after the game tomorrow so I need to buckle down and get it started Saturday. I intended on starting it today but I started cleaning this morning and got on a roll. Do you ever just stroll around from room to room marvelling at the cleanliness/order after a good cleaning? I do. I just stand there at the doorway and stare...I know it won't last long, I guess, so I take it all in. I also found a broom for her (and my Snow White wig)...as I was driving home, it was propped up in my passenger seat. It made me chuckle because...well...as I captioned it on IG...people are suspicious enough already...lol.

Sooo, I'm thinking light pink or medium pink for my next color...this blue is dingy and I'm oooover it.

I think you've got this costume thing in the bag. You've got 5 weeks to do it right? Just a little bit each day and then BOOM!

On the cleaning, I totally know what you mean. After I rearranged my room, I cleaned and went through everything and it's SO nice. I'm trying to hard to not mess it up. My mother has reorganized some stuff in the kitchen and laundry room and I can't stop looking at it. Clean is so DIFFERENT at our house. I love having my mom back. I just wish she wasn't doing so much 'nesting' at once.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nice shots there sufferlandrian. Well, I misunderstood about the interview, hope it works out regardless!

I am struggling to stay awake. Not feeling well either, and on a Friday night still dealing with someone who should not be a supervisor, and making my job terribly difficult, but meh...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @belimawr - That sucks. It's one thing to deal with a supervisor who shouldn't be one, but when you're not feeling well it only makes their BS seem worse. You have my sympathy.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    So yesterday Friday morning, a few of the daywalkers, aka day shift peeps, brought in doughnuts and cookies. I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and a glazed doughnut, went to the break room, and stashed it away on a plate atop of a high shelf that only if you are 6ft+ or standing on a step ladder, you'd be able to reach. #tallguyadvantages I come in tonight and it's gone. :'(