Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Thieves. I feel your pain.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    So yesterday Friday morning, a few of the daywalkers, aka day shift peeps, brought in doughnuts and cookies. I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and a glazed doughnut, went to the break room, and stashed it away on a plate atop of a high shelf that only if you are 6ft+ or standing on a step ladder, you'd be able to reach. #tallguyadvantages I come in tonight and it's gone. :'(

I would be PEEVED! ESPECIALLY if I saved/worked to fit in the calories for that bish! UGH!

Side note: I LOVE your profile pic. :grin:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm SUPER grateful that the night animal tech tonight is using the East door to VNC instead of the North door, but I'm still putting in a work order AGAIN because that has been on the fritz since I started in February.
    I get that this is a state run facility and things take a while to run through the proper channels to get funding to be fixed but COME ON!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    So yesterday Friday morning, a few of the daywalkers, aka day shift peeps, brought in doughnuts and cookies. I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and a glazed doughnut, went to the break room, and stashed it away on a plate atop of a high shelf that only if you are 6ft+ or standing on a step ladder, you'd be able to reach. #tallguyadvantages I come in tonight and it's gone. :'(

I hate that. Did they think you put them up there just for the rats? Rat *kitten*. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to get so mad about that kind of thing. There were always treats and stuff being brought in for the staff, and no one ever though to leave even a little bit for me. Even when I complained and they promised they would, they never did. My current job doesn't really do that kind of thing, so it's a nonissue.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I got screwed for our Christmas dinner. Everyone else got to attend, they even had someone from another property cover for the 2nd shift...but because I needed to SLEEP, I got screwed. I get they can't rearrange the dinner for one person but give me a gift certificate for dinner or something...
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm not technically on night shift, but I'm on call and can't sleep. Does that count?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I got screwed for our Christmas dinner. Everyone else got to attend, they even had someone from another property cover for the 2nd shift...but because I needed to SLEEP, I got screwed. I get they can't rearrange the dinner for one person but give me a gift certificate for dinner or something...

My workplace has tons of leftover food from the numerous potlucks they hold through out the year. I usually look forward to sampling various things except that the lady who coordinates and leads all the events like someone's b-day, a retirement, or holidays like 4th of July. etc etc. recently retired back in mid August. My work usually had a September end of Summer/Labor day potluck. They did nothing this year. Makes me wonder if anything will happen during the upcoming holiday season. /=
  • lacroyx
    Options

I would be PEEVED! ESPECIALLY if I saved/worked to fit in the calories for that bish! UGH!

Side note: I LOVE your profile pic.:grin:
    Ahh yes, 2 of my favorite fandoms mashed up in one.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm not technically on night shift, but I'm on call and can't sleep. Does that count?

If you're awake, you're one of us!

• Crimson_Fire
    Options

Netflix binge and laundry it is then!
  • lacroyx
    Options

one-of-us.gif?w=530
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Netflix binge and laundry it is then!

This all counts as work.
    It's not a day off/on call, it's a day without pay.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Without pay? We used to pay the "On Call" techs two hours if they didn't need to come in and pay for the hours they did work at time and a half if they did have to come in.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Options
    My schedule is weird.
    I work Friday, Saturday & Sunday 8am-8pm
    Plus I'm on call from Friday 5pm until Monday 8am.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Options
    Without pay? We used to pay the "On Call" techs two hours if they didn't need to come in and pay for the hours they did work at time and a half if they did have to come in.
    I get "on call" pay, which is double my hourly rate if I have to go out past my normal scheduled hours. But...I don't get anything for just taking calls and answering questions/fixing problems without having to go anywhere. They considered it to be included in my regular pay.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. That bites. Seems like if you can't go anywhere, you should be compensated for it. That's just me though.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Options
    Since I do 3 12s in 3 consecutive days, I couldn't really go anywhere anyway. As long as I can get to the office within 45mins, I'm good. It all evens out though because sometimes I'm finished with patients way before 8pm, so I'm just sitting at home charting or have several hours of free time, but I still get paid for the full 12 hours. I honestly really love it. Some weekends work completely owns me, but other times it can be laid back.
  • lacroyx
    Options
    I work weekends but my schedule is stable. Wednesday through Monday from 11pm-7am. No on call, OT or special holiday pay. On the rare occasion that I do have to work more than 8 hrs I get to make up those hrs by leaving early the following day.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Options
    Anyway...I have to be back at the office in 3 hours. I guess I should probably go try to sleep. Hope yall have a good rest of the night! :)