Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    These runners...

EVERY time we have runners, they want early breakfast. They could have asked when they booked and they were told when they checked in, breakfast at 7. They all say "I just want a _____". Yeah, but if 50 of you want a ________, that is early breakfast. I'm not being an *kitten*...it is what it is...

They should have brought their own foods for their super early breakfast!
    I enjoy running. But if I'm going somewhere for an even or what have you, and they don't have early breakfast/24 hour room service, I just bring my own foodstuffs. Because I'm awesome and love food....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    These runners...

EVERY time we have runners, they want early breakfast. They could have asked when they booked and they were told when they checked in, breakfast at 7. They all say "I just want a _____". Yeah, but if 50 of you want a ________, that is early breakfast. I'm not being an *kitten*...it is what it is...

News Flash: If everyone comes and requests stuff early, then breakfast isn't gonna be on time at all, 'cause I'm busy running around taking orders.

• jennifer_417
    Options
    Ha, it honestly very seldom occurs to me that people talk to me behind my back, but I think that's tied in to the fact that I feel generally invisible. IRL, it's probably some combination of good/bad, depending on the person. I have a fairly polarizing personality, I think.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Damn no eclipse for me it's overcast. Happens every effing time
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    No eclipse for me either. It's been raining since Thursday night. It stopped but we're socked in clouds. Boo.

And I always look to see what time a hotel serves breakfast, if at all, before I book. Not your fault they failed to pay attention.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I saw some of it as I was walking to my car. It looked pretty cool.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly polarizing personality, I think.

Yup. You either love me or hate me. I typically don't like people that are similar to me though, that says a lot! One of my fiance's friends is a LOT like me...and we totally butt heads!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm told I come across as extremely confident and/or intimidating, which I can see would be offputting to some people. I'm not actually that way, but somehow I have the appearance of being so.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Fake it 'til you make it! I'm always told how confident I seem...but like you...I don't feel I really am that way. I think it is a defense mechanism, at least for me...exude confidence and people believe it. I used to tell my fiance I didn't REALLY have confidence, I just faked it so I wouldn't be vulnerable. He said that you have to have some level of real confidence to successfully pull off fake confidence. I realized he was right and that actually helped develop my REAL confidence! (Still a work in progress but hey...)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Dang it's been a busy weekend. Sometimes medicine just doesn't go the way you want. Some weekends just suck.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Dang it's been a busy weekend. Sometimes medicine just doesn't go the way you want. Some weekends just suck.

Boo. Hope it gets better.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Anybody want a cat? Just found a stray in our lot. Very sweet young male. Black and white longer haired. Tried giving him some water and hard boiled egg, just wants to cuddle in my lap. He obviously had a home at one point. A guest asked me something and heard the cat meowing in the back office, asked if it was a cat. I said yeah, found him in the lot. He asked if I was going to adopt it. I said no, we have 3 cats and a dog already, but I wish. He's going to the shelter in the morning. He goes "You know, he'll probably just die at the shelter." I said "Not necessarily, all of ours are adopted so they don't all die." What a jerk!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    If he was so worried about it, why didn't he offer to take it? Like somehow it's his place to make it your responsibility?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Anybody want a cat? Just found a stray in our lot. Very sweet young male. Black and white longer haired. Tried giving him some water and hard boiled egg, just wants to cuddle in my lap. He obviously had a home at one point. A guest asked me something and heard the cat meowing in the back office, asked if it was a cat. I said yeah, found him in the lot. He asked if I was going to adopt it. I said no, we have 3 cats and a dog already, but I wish. He's going to the shelter in the morning. He goes "You know, he'll probably just die at the shelter." I said "Not necessarily, all of ours are adopted so they don't all die." What a jerk!

I read the above as: "Anybody want a car? Just found a stray in our lot." I need coffee to wake up.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. :smile: I did too. :smile: You know, most cars die at the shelter. :wink:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Actually, we do have a stray car back there too. Some abandoned junker...police say it has to be abandoned ____ amount of time before we can tow it.

@jennifer_417 Right?! Finders keepers, apparently in his mind. This next comment will surely rub someone the wrong way but I'm a firm believer in it. It is very similar to your comment. People who are pro-life...where are all of their adopted/foster kids? Don't encourage women to choose adoption and then not support all of those children without families...just sayin'....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Tried to adopt a couple of times. I was shocked how expensive it is, even through the state! The one agency wanted $15,000 for the adoption fees. We had no kids and I made decent money and I was in the military at the time so we had good insurance. I couldn't come up with the $15K.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I can't go so far as to say that everyone who is pro-life should adopt. Most of the time, if a woman gets pregnant, it's because she chose to engage in behavior that got her so. I think we want to have risk-free sex in our culture, and it just isn't a thing. Pregnancy is a consequence of sex.
    Now, given the option, I personally would adopt, and I probably will when I am able, since it's unlikely that I can have my own children. But yeah, it's a really difficult process under the best of circumstances.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've got a lab that ate a dead deer leg and now is having seizures. Nothing stuck in the intestines. I'm hoping that blood work will let me know what is going on with the liver and kidneys and hope it's not actually antifreeze instead of the deer.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    One of my best friends in high school gave her firstborn up for adoption at 16. She is still with the same guy and had 3 more kids with him (once they got older). I'm not close with her now so I can't ask her but I always wonder if the other kids know, I wonder if it is her mind when she says stuff about "my three kids" when she really has four...I can't even imagine what that must be like...

It is shocking how expensive adoption is. I understand it isn't free to place kids, care for them in the meantime, check up on families, qualify families, etc...on one hand, I think if it was not so expensive, more people would do it...but that isn't necessarily a good thing either, trafficking and all...then again, money doesn't equal good parents...but to know there are so many willing and capable and loving parents that can't afford adoption and kids with no parents that will never get adopted...is heartbreaking...