Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,487 Member
    @belimawr I'll try not to hate too much ;) I love home improvement shows. I watched This Old House when I was a kid, no lie.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    We've never had cable/dish so we watch a lot of public tv...so a lot of This Old House has been viewed in our house! Actually, our tv in our living room died the other day so the only tv we have now is a 10 incher with built in vcr and that is in our bedroom. My fiance wants to get a new tv but we don't really watch much...I know when winter comes, we do watch more...and if we want to watch any rental movies...we have to watch on the laptop, which sucks...we don't watch movies too frequently either though...I just don't want to spend money on a TV!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Children really are miniature germ factories. I worked at at daycare for 8 months once, and in that time, I got 5 sinus infections.
  • bethanie0825
    What about an appliance resale store? We have some around us and I'm pretty sure they sell TV's.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I don't want to spend to the money period. I'm like that though. I'll drive a car until the wheels fall off. I figure, we HAVE a tv...I don't care if it is tiny...I wouldn't personally buy one until that one died...but if he wants to, fine by me. I think part of the reason we have stuck together so long is we've always kept our finances seperate...so if he wants to shell out some cash for a tv, he can. I'll pass.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    SSP showed me a fungus type thing growing on one of our door ways and I got "kind of" close to his physical person and he practically RAN to his squad car and drove to the other campus. I laughed SO hard. He's afraid of me. :laugh:
  • bethanie0825
    Me and my hubby have are finances separate and I love it.

@lilaclovebird that's awesome! :D
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    We've never had cable/dish so we watch a lot of public tv...so a lot of This Old House has been viewed in our house! Actually, our tv in our living room died the other day so the only tv we have now is a 10 incher with built in vcr and that is in our bedroom. My fiance wants to get a new tv but we don't really watch much...I know when winter comes, we do watch more...and if we want to watch any rental movies...we have to watch on the laptop, which sucks...we don't watch movies too frequently either though...I just don't want to spend money on a TV!

I don't have anything other than over the air TV either. Until recently I was out of the house 14-24 hours a day between commuting and work, so why bother? I use my cell phone for internet access... that however, is a different story as to why no internet in my house.

@bethanie0825 I love This Old House. I grew up with it too. However, TOH then bed on a Saturday night... sometimes I feel pathetic. ;)

In fact, while others were watching Saturday Morning cartoons, I was watching TOH with Bob Vila, then Steve Thomas with my father. There was also the New Yankee Workshop with Norm Abrams... and then a few years later Home Again with Bob again.

Besides, nothing really all that good on cable, other than Mythbusters and Deadliest Catch.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited September 2015
    I wish we could get cable "a la carte". We'd pay for Discovery! PBS has some good science-y shizz though...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    SSP showed me a fungus type thing growing on one of our door ways and I got "kind of" close to his physical person and he practically RAN to his squad car and drove to the other campus. I laughed SO hard. He's afraid of me. :laugh:

Afraid of getting boners...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Does he know his nickname?
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Does he know his nickname?

Yes and he hates it.

Afraid of getting boners...

Maybe. That's sort of what Officer Paige said. I told the story about the fungus, ending with "I guess I got too close because he practically ran away and I'm not sure why" *Officer Paige laughs* "He ran because he's got a 'loaded gun'" and he winked and continued chuckling. No one really knows that we spent any time outside of work together.

I'm really wondering what is said about me when I'm not here because I know we all talk about the other PSO's and Officers behind their backs. Not a lot of it is bad stuff. Most people complain about DJ talking too much on the radio, Tony thinking he knows how to run the whole world because he had a multi-million dollar company for 2 years, Jeanette talking about how desperately she wants to lose weight and how if she could just get in to see her doctor that would fix everything, Carlos not giving ANY information at pass on/roll call and his lack of ability to read and write in English, Steven wanting to talk politics to anyone and everyone and wanting to carry a gun at work but thinking they should be banned from all homes, Officer Austin talking all about his retirement and generally wanting to be in charge and run everything but not wanting any actual responsibility, Officer Goerig's unique schedule given solely because she can't work evening shifts, Officer Paige and his 24 year old daughter who makes over twice what I do per year but can't make her $300 car payment(mine's $510), Can't pay rent(I pay $700/month), can't pay her own insurance(I will pay for all three vehicles in January), can't pay her own phone bill(I pay $100 of our $195) and still lives with him.

ETA: DJ talks too much period. She's the one who gets to talking and I can't shut her up and next thing I know I've been standing in the doorway for 2 hours.. :weary:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I'd hate to be a fly on wall when people talk about me...I don't even have decent opinions about myself! The people who reeeeally know me, know I'm fun to be around but everyone else...I'm sure words like "snobby" and "bitchy" come up a lot. I'm quiet, but not when I have someTHING to say. I'm a bit...unfiltered. I'm not shy but I don't socialize so I seem, I guess not seem, I am very standoffish. But if I'm friendly with someone, you can't shut me up and I'm probably one of the goofiest/least effs giving kind of person they know.

• Frankie_Felinius
    These runners...

EVERY time we have runners, they want early breakfast. They could have asked when they booked and they were told when they checked in, breakfast at 7. They all say "I just want a _____". Yeah, but if 50 of you want a ________, that is early breakfast. I'm not being an *kitten*...it is what it is...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Ok, buckling down...I'm gonna start that costume TODAY.
  • BodyByBex
    Ok, buckling down...I'm gonna start that costume TODAY.

GO GET IT!
  • BodyByBex
    These runners...

EVERY time we have runners, they want early breakfast. They could have asked when they booked and they were told when they checked in, breakfast at 7. They all say "I just want a _____". Yeah, but if 50 of you want a ________, that is early breakfast. I'm not being an *kitten*...it is what it is...

They should have brought their own foods for their super early breakfast!
    I enjoy running. But if I'm going somewhere for an even or what have you, and they don't have early breakfast/24 hour room service, I just bring my own foodstuffs. Because I'm awesome and love food....
  • jennifer_417
    These runners...

News Flash: If everyone comes and requests stuff early, then breakfast isn't gonna be on time at all, 'cause I'm busy running around taking orders.

• jennifer_417
    Ha, it honestly very seldom occurs to me that people talk to me behind my back, but I think that's tied in to the fact that I feel generally invisible. IRL, it's probably some combination of good/bad, depending on the person. I have a fairly polarizing personality, I think.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Damn no eclipse for me it's overcast. Happens every effing time