The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @lilaclovebird do you work for the Federal Govt? That sounds just exactly like what they do around here, lol. Sorry about your coworker...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @TK6299 Nope. I work for MD Anderson Cancer Center. More specifically, University of Texas Police System, but my paycheck says MD Anderson Cancer Center. :grin:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Of ALL the things I could be craving right now, why does it have to be Chinese food?
    Like some chow mein would totally be the *kitten* right now.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Chicken strips sound pretty good right now. :smile:
  • TK6299
    Options
    Ok, so my 8th night of 8 in a row, just turned into 8 of 12... Ugh..... and I could totally go for a loaded Chicago deep dish pizza.
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OMG, that sounds so good right now! I am hungry.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    TK6299 wrote: »
    Ok, so my 8th night of 8 in a row, just turned into 8 of 12... Ugh..... and I could totally go for a loaded Chicago deep dish pizza.

Please share because this yogurt isn't doing it for me...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm just about done with Almonds and meal replacement bars. Bring on the deep dish. :smile:
  • TK6299
    Options
    So....day 9 of 12...underway....blah blah blah. Pizza party at my place when done, lol!
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    i ate nothing but crap, generally speaking, the whole time i was on the road this past week and a half or so - but somehow, only managed to come back a pound and a half heavier. certainly grateful for that, but also having a hard time getting back to basics. those microwave burritos in the breakroom downstairs actually whisper to me through the glass doors.

...which is more troubling than usual because...well, they're freakin' microwave burritos. you'd think i'd have food mirages about something that was actually worth the trouble. :)
  • TK6299
    Options
    Day 10 of 12 is moving forward!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Day 6 of 6 is ALMOST DONE!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    TK6299 wrote: »
    So....day 9 of 12...underway....blah blah blah. Pizza party at my place when done, lol!
    I'll be there!!!

@hamptontom Fast food whispers to me on a regular basis lol. The struggle is real!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Okay...rant coming

Who in the hell calls at 0030hrs and wants to pick-up their small child!? Nevermind that the father (who has the child) has no idea you're on the way bc you aren't allowed to have contact with each other. No custody paperwork in place either.

WTF is wrong with people?? Don't use your child to cause trouble with the other parent. Don't use them as a pawn.

I hope we don't allow her to go the residence. And if we do, I pray that the father says no, the child stays. I hope he has some common sense. I cannot stand people who knowingly and willingly place their children into the middle of the relationships problems. They did nothing to deserve it.

It's effing ridiculous.

And sadly not the first call like this I've taken. People suck!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more. Don't use the child as an excuse to piss off your ex. There are usually plenty of other things that don't involve the child.
  • TK6299
    Options
    Day 11 of 12... yes it's almost over...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate all the paperwork but I guess since it covers my rear, I'll get it done.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Paperwork is never fun :-1:

I have 2ish hours to go. I'm dragging butt; I went and walked on the treadmill and it was like pulling teeth. I just want to sleep a bunch.
  • TK6299
    Options
    Sleep... what is that.. Oh, my long lost friend where have you been? Paperwork is a necessity unfortunately. Almost over for all of us. Did the workout early early tonight, so now I am dragging too.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We've got a dead spot so I grabbed a spin on the bike and now I think I can snag a quick nap.