Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    So, I broke my toe this morning. I can't walk without limping, so running is out of the question. Guess I'll be starting over in a week or so when I can walk again. Until then, I'll keep up some crunches, so I'm not completely out of it. Ugh. This kind of blows. Every time I start making progress, something happens and I lose it. :brokenheart: :cry:

So sorry to hear this. I hope you are getting better!!! :heart:

Thank you.
  • minni2906
    Options
    So, I broke my toe this morning. I can't walk without limping, so running is out of the question. Guess I'll be starting over in a week or so when I can walk again. Until then, I'll keep up some crunches, so I'm not completely out of it. Ugh. This kind of blows. Every time I start making progress, something happens and I lose it. :brokenheart: :cry:

when it rains it pours I guess! I twisted my ankle after mons run...it wasn't even during the run! After I ran, I stretched and I think I stretched too far and reaggravated an old ankle sprain that I think never probably healed. It didn't really set it until late last night, so today I'm off my feet and if it stays the same will go in to the dr to get it checked out..so no more runs for me until further notice.
    I'm gonna have to pull out my pilates videos so I can get some type of workout in..my limp is bad and I don't wanna aggravate it, wish I had a bike here at home cuz the gym is out of the question.

good luck to everyone!

I'm sorry!! I wish you weren't feeling my pain, but it's good to have company. hahaha. Pilates is a good idea!! I wish I had a bike too, but I don't.
  • minni2906
    Options

Hope you feel better soon!

My knee is still hurting! On Mobic and a round of prednisone. Lots of tylenol. Really hope to be back on the wagon quick, but healed! Really antsy to get running, shredding!:)

I am getting antsy too!! I've really been enjoying my runs, so I miss it now. I'm definitely popping the tylenol like candy for now, too, though. Here's to healing!! :drinker:
  • minni2906
    Options

Life is full of challenges; what makes us is how we answer those challenges. There are many things you can do to burn calories without running or walking. Think about it, write it down, then just do it!

Thanks for the advice. I'm still doing crunches!! Going to look into some other things I could do.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, W2D1
    Tuesday, HIIT
    Wednesday, W2D2

Thought for the day:

I am happier when I finish than when I start
  • jodi1229
    jodi1229 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to join this group? I just started W1D1 today so not sure if I am too far behind everyone or not
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I was just checking in to see how many posts we have on this one. Looks like there's about 50 left. I've had such a busy week, I've been cleaning house majorly for some of my family. I still haven't had time to get in any more workouts. I feel like I'm failing you guys.But even if it does take me longer than you all to complete this, I'll get it done. Sorry that I didn't post a new discussion topic this week. I'll let the tips on continue and put up a new discussion on Monday. I plan to get back to C25K over the weekend, and I'm hoping I won't have to clean like I have been. How have you guys been, anyway? I haven't had a chance to read you guys' posts because of my internet. But I'll have internet again this weekend so I'll be able to get all caught up. Have a great night everyone and keep up the awesome work!!

Once again, new members are welcome to join! :)
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    finished W3D2 - all walking. averaged 3.81 mph - did 2.07 miles in 32:30.
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    Is it possible to join this group? I just started W1D1 today so not sure if I am too far behind everyone or not

Of course you can join! Everyone here is in different weeks and different days. All are welcome.
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    finished W3D2 - all walking. averaged 3.81 mph - did 2.07 miles in 32:30.

Excellent job! Keep up the great work!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, W2D1
    Tuesday, HIIT
    Wednesday, W2D2
    Thursday, Rest Day with lots of wine

Thought for the day:

I'll hit it hard again tomorrow!!
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    W3D3 - 2.09 miles in 31:28 minutes - I actually ran the 2nd and 4th fast portion today. It almost killed me, but I did it! I am so impressed with myself.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, W2D1
    Tuesday, HIIT
    Wednesday, W2D2
    Thursday, Rest Day with lots of wine
    Friday, W2D3

Thought for the day:

Don't run after a day with lots of wine
    It's difficult to run with someone...hard to get in the zone
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wk4D3 completed. 2.33 miles in 32 mins. Had some knee pain so I slowed my pace a bit on the last run but pushed on through. Actually excited (did I say that???) about wk5 runs :-).

Keep up the good work!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wk4D3 completed. 2.33 miles in 32 mins. Had some knee pain so I slowed my pace a bit on the last run but pushed on through. Actually excited (did I say that???) about wk5 runs :-).

Keep up the good work!

I am doing W5D3 tomorrow and I am dreading it--- 20 min straight. I BARELY made it through W5D2! :laugh:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Okay, everyone. I have internet back again so I can actually log and talk to you all. I've so not been doing well with this. I've had a lot of personal issues going on. But I am getting better and I feel a lot better about myself. I said that I was going to start working out again today, but that was before yesterday. Yesterday was a great day for me. I feel better about a lot of things and found someone to talk to. I wasn't going to go to a wedding that's today, but decided to after me and the girl get along better now. Tomorrow I have something else going on with the personal issues, and that'll take a while. So starting on Monday, I'm going to get back to working out and eating better and logging.

You all are doing great! Keep up the awesome work!
  • numnumnums
    numnumnums Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So - screwed up my foot again somehow. Now it hurts to put pressure on it again... Which sucks because i was starting to really enjoy my little runs. Exercising outside was really pleasnt, I had always been a strictly indoor exerciser before.
    Looks like its a trip to the doc to see what i did - hopefully i'll be able to get back on the wagon. But i doubt i'll be right away.:frown:
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Keep up the good work!

I am doing W5D3 tomorrow and I am dreading it--- 20 min straight. I BARELY made it through W5D2! :laugh:

I'm sure you'll do great!!! Please post how it went! :-)
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I had a quick question. This past week I only did W3D1 on Monday and haven't worked out since. I wasn't having a great week with school, work, and TOM coming along. So tomorrow I'm getting back on the wagon. But I'm not sure if I should just start with W3D1 again or redo W2. I'm thinking I'll just start W3 tomorrow (it'll probably be hard since I took 6 days off). Let me know what you guys think.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I would pick up where you left off. If you find its to much, just start week 3 over the next time you run.