So I just got a Dexa Scan done. Not sure what to think...

Options
123457»

Replies

• Obeg
    Obeg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I recently bought one of these and it seems to work as promised. I think you could benefit from something like this to identify specific areas you need to work on. No I don't mean spot lose fat in an area .. but you mention your ab muscles may be lacking behind the rest of your body. This little tool will tell you just that and show you any progress you make.

http://www.skulpt.me/optimizely/v1/

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Obeg wrote: »
    I recently bought one of these and it seems to work as promised. I think you could benefit from something like this to identify specific areas you need to work on. No I don't mean spot lose fat in an area .. but you mention your ab muscles may be lacking behind the rest of your body. This little tool will tell you just that and show you any progress you make.

http://www.skulpt.me/optimizely/v1/

That's bio impedance which is rubbish for full body BF estimation

I wonder how much margin of error there is in isolation estimation ...I would imagine a significant amount based on potential user error in positioning, hydration, dirt and just basic you what now?

And yet still I find myself sceptical yet interested...techno-toys for the win
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    When I first opened the thread I was going to make a joke about body fat % and having a big brain...since the nervous system contains a lot of fat.

I wasn't lucky enough to see the glute striations. But Hornsby your bod is amazing which is all well and good but man, look at the workload it can sustain. It's amazing how much mileage you get out of it and everything you do, day in, day out that I'm lucky enough to see on my wall. It's inspring.

I know that doesn't help you with your question. I just wanted to say that.

Seriously. This was awesome to read. And FYI, the glute striation pics were never posted. Only pm'd to psulemon for the yay or nay. It got the nay. If nothing else, he and one other person can verify that I have them...lol.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    If you want to pm them to me I will be your third :lol:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    When I first opened the thread I was going to make a joke about body fat % and having a big brain...since the nervous system contains a lot of fat.

I wasn't lucky enough to see the glute striations. But Hornsby your bod is amazing which is all well and good but man, look at the workload it can sustain. It's amazing how much mileage you get out of it and everything you do, day in, day out that I'm lucky enough to see on my wall. It's inspring.

Seriously. This was awesome to read. And FYI, the glute striation pics were never posted. Only pm'd to psulemon for the yay or nay. It got the nay. If nothing else, he and one other person can verify that I have them...lol.

Yea, how about that.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Yea, I lift 2-3 hours a day, 6 days a week. I cycle outdoors on a road bike at high speeds 75-100 miles a week, and I run 10-15 miles a week. I think that's plenty.

So...unemployed or unmarried? It has to be at least one of these.

(:wink:)

Hahaha this made me chuckle
  • psuLemon
    edited April 2016
    Options
    BTW, I have not added it to my collage of MFP nudes.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    BTW, I have not added it to my collage of MFP nudes.

Should've sent the front side.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

psulemon wrote: »
    BTW, I have not added it to my colleague of MFP nudes.

I didn't see that clause in the terms of the pm
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Did you mean collage? :bigsmile:
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    10 to 15 miles a week is what meaty people like me run. At your bf percentage you should be doing double that weekly mileage

And weights ....

Strong post. I'm glad you suggested weights. He probably doesn't lift at all. I assume he just meditates in a field and BOOM MUSCLES.

This thread needs more pics.

No meditation needed. That avi is definitely the result of pilates.

ilex70 wrote: »
    10 to 15 miles a week is what meaty people like me run. At your bf percentage you should be doing double that weekly mileage

And weights ....

Strong post. I'm glad you suggested weights. He probably doesn't lift at all. I assume he just meditates in a field and BOOM MUSCLES.

Well if Pilates instructors looked like that the classes would have much better attendance. Just saying.

Yes I have never so strongly considered pilates before now...
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Pics or no pics, this is my fav thread of all time.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

And weights ....

And weights ....

Well if Pilates instructors looked like that the classes would have much better attendance. Just saying.

Ha! I even had a completely inappropriate pilates joke but I refrained from posting it last night.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    mrp56839 wrote: »
    Pics or no pics, this is my fav thread of all time.

As they always say on MFP--pics or it didn't happen.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Did you mean collage? :bigsmile:

I don't know what you are even talking about :D
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

And weights ....

And weights ....

Ha! I even had a completely inappropriate pilates joke but I refrained from posting it last night.

Here I made it G rated...

p90x3-piliates-review-cat.jpg