So I just got a Dexa Scan done. Not sure what to think...

Options

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What is going on here?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That is plenty but I'd still drop the cycling and run more to see if it helps the problem

Like don't cycle and run 50 miles a week

Nope. Love cycling.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    @psulemon will have to give me the go ahead. I will say it is cropped to not show anything really. It's tasteful. Lol.

I have heard that before..

But PM me first and we can work it out.

If I had a dollar for every time I used this line to get pics.....
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Do you think runners are the only people with defined abs.

Well wait till you see his training log and pics of his awesome abs. I mean, the pictures aren't working for me but I'm sure he's trying to post them.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Kids these days.
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There is some fat there (lower abdomen). It's like 3 parts skin to 1 part fat if that makes sense. If I am sitting the whole stomach area crumbles up like paper. Like there used to be like 1 big role. Now it's like 10 roles that don't have much fat in them.

I guess I will cut till April 9 and see then. If skin removal or lipo is needed at that point, I will weigh my options.

Freakin' depressing.

This is the best post! Go under the knife!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @hornsby out of curiosity, do you do any dedicate ab work?
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    10 to 15 miles a week is what meaty people like me run. At your bf percentage you should be doing double that weekly mileage

And weights ....

Strong post. I'm glad you suggested weights. He probably doesn't lift at all. I assume he just meditates in a field and BOOM MUSCLES.

This thread needs more pics.
  • Hornsby
    edited April 2016
    Options

I didn't but have started doing some heavy ab work the last few weeks. Figure they may just need to grow some.
  • willammoney
    willammoney Posts: 137 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    10 to 15 miles a week is what meaty people like me run. At your bf percentage you should be doing double that weekly mileage

And weights ....

Strong post. I'm glad you suggested weights. He probably doesn't lift at all. I assume he just meditates in a field and BOOM MUSCLES.

Meditation and plastic surgery along with a good hrt regiment
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

I didn't but have started doing some heavy ab work the last few weeks. Figure they may just need to grow some.

I would tend to agree that ab work may help. I know some see really good results with just compound lifting, I have known others to not see an improvement until they start adding ab work to their routines. Personally, as much as I hate it, I try to do 2 to 3 sessions a week at 10 minutes.
  • Hornsby
    Options

I would tend to agree that ab work may help. I know some see really good results with just compound lifting, I have known others to not see an improvement until they start adding ab work to their routines. Personally, as much as I hate it, I try to do 2 to 3 sessions a week at 10 minutes.

Yea, I'm doing a couple exercises before and after each body part. Seems to be working.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

And weights ....

No meditation needed. That avi is definitely the result of pilates.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

And weights ....

No meditation needed. That avi is definitely the result of pilates.

Well if Pilates instructors looked like that the classes would have much better attendance. Just saying.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey folks: This discussion went off the rails a little bit and has now been cleaned up to remove a few posts. Please stay on topic and refrain from engaging in insult throwing matches, as that is a violation of community guidelines. The full community guidelines can be found HERE if you'd like to refresh your memory regarding what they say.

Happy freaking Monday.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Hey folks: This discussion went off the rails a little bit and has now been cleaned up to remove a few posts. Please stay on topic and refrain from engaging in insult throwing matches, as that is a violation of community guidelines. The full community guidelines can be found HERE if you'd like to refresh your memory regarding what they say.

Happy *kitten* Monday.

FIFY
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I first opened the thread I was going to make a joke about body fat % and having a big brain...since the nervous system contains a lot of fat.

I wasn't lucky enough to see the glute striations. But Hornsby your bod is amazing which is all well and good but man, look at the workload it can sustain. It's amazing how much mileage you get out of it and everything you do, day in, day out that I'm lucky enough to see on my wall. It's inspring.

I know that doesn't help you with your question. I just wanted to say that.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Pm sent :)

Denied...

This is BS!! :angry:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yea, I lift 2-3 hours a day, 6 days a week. I cycle outdoors on a road bike at high speeds 75-100 miles a week, and I run 10-15 miles a week. I think that's plenty.

So...unemployed or unmarried? It has to be at least one of these.

(:wink:)