Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Lauramo06
    Lauramo06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So far today I have eaten my plain oatmeal with granola. I just had my snack, of apple and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. I eat a later lunch because I don't eat breakfast until i get to work. However, it helps me to do it that way because then I don't have the hunger in between my after noon snack and dinner. For the longest time I would always go over my daily allotment of calories because I would snack twice before dinner and the second snack would not be a healthy one because I was soooooo hungry and I didn't have anything planned for that snack so it would be junk. I have planned for lunch tuna on a whole grain tortilla shell with strawberries on the side. My afternoon, before I leave work, snack will be an orange.

What do you all eat for snacks? I need more options.

Have a happy and healthy day!!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Lauramo06 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am completely computer illiterate. I cannot figure out how to add friends. When I click on your names I get "send a message" or "ignore". nothing I find says add friend. HELP!!!!

Click on the name like you did, but then click on the name again and it will take you to the person's profile and there you will find the add friend. =)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    ChangeIsADecision – Glad you are back at it! Beer Festival… sounds fun!! And sounds like it could be dangerous… How do you not drink kit all day! =)

@ShyCush6 - Thanks! I hope to catch up more tonight! The fest was a blast and we were too busy to drink all day! That was key. Not that we didn't have some here and there but we got slammed for most of the time we were there. It was great!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    kelisueray wrote: »
    ... I am a beer and pizza kind of girl! Those are two really hard things for me to give up! Maybe it's a cheese thing... I don't know! But if we eat it, we own it AND we make it right if we went the wrong direction! You can make up for those calories! A little extra work out here and a little less in the mouth! ;)

Samesies! Cheesehead living in the Mitten state now (Michigan) Why couldn't I have moved to a warmer climate?

Beer is a hard thing for me to give up - so I won't. I just try to limit it. It's kinda blasphemous for us to give up beer being from good ol' Wisco.

You are both my kind of girls!! Beer and pizza... I'm with both of ya!! <3
  • Lauramo06
    Options
    Lauramo06 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am completely computer illiterate. I cannot figure out how to add friends. When I click on your names I get "send a message" or "ignore". nothing I find says add friend. HELP!!!!

Click on the name like you did, but then click on the name again and it will take you to the person's profile and there you will find the add friend. =)

Oh my goodness!! Thank you!!! I feel incredibly dumb now but now I know. :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Shy @ShyCush6 Way to go on planning ahead on those drinks. It sounds like it worked out perfectly for moderation. I often do the DD trick too. I don't know if I would have had as much restraint on the apple crisp, that sounds absolutely delicious!

Dana @danan01 Sounds like you had a fantastic productive weekend. And I'm with you on running. I never feel like doing it, I always want to quit in the middle, but I feel awesome after.

Karen @FitEqualsSmile Sounds like you were doing activity all weekend long with the house so that hopefully mitigated some of the overindulgences

@kgslim17 Sounds like you've got a great plan in place. And there are some days where sleep is definitely more important

Jen @ChangeIsADecision Thanks for the compliment! Being a part of the community is the only way I stay accountable so I'm glad I can offer the same. To include everyone on the same reply box I just use the @ symbol and then their username so that the system tags them. Also, you're totally rocking it on the early morning workouts!

Laura @Lauramo07 My favorite snacks are: 100 calorie pack almonds, cheese sticks, apples, carrots and hummus, protein bars, greek yogurt, sprouted wheat bread with avocado, salt, and pepper, hard boiled eggs, and yams with peanut butter (don't knock it til you try it)

@kelisueray I'm with you. If I had to give up my wine I don't think this would last very long lol.
  • Lauramo06
    Options
    @Rachel0778 hmmmmm i will have to try the yams with peanut butter. Different that is for sure. Thanks! I often times do cheese sticks, almonds, avacado on whole grain tortilla, and yogurt too. Just getting bored with those things. Thanks for the suggestion. Are the yams cooked with the peanut butter on top?
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Lauramo06 Yup, I microwave the yam and then add peanut butter. It rocks my socks. I don't eat the skin though since I'm not a fan.
  • Mile_High_Runner
    Mile_High_Runner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been working out daily and counting calories, need to drop another 15 pounds by May 30th. I can do it. I think I look good now, no beer belly, no love handles, not sure why I'm considered overweight. I'm looking forward to seeing what I will look like with another 15 pounds off my body. Probably a skeleton, a walking 6'1" skeleton of a man. LOL I was pushing 250 last July, dropped to 218 from stress and not eating, started working out got down to 208, joined MFP lost another 10 pounds down to 198, but I'm stuck, haven't lost any weight in a few weeks, getting frustrated. So I'm going to focus hard, not skip any days without a workout and will count those calories like a banker counting money.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Dana – Way to get to the track!! And nice for purging! It does feel awesome! I am loving it!! Cleaning out the basement and it looks so much better already! Yay! Keep it up !! Seems easier when the hubby is away… doesn’t it. =)

Karen – Trim is the WORST!!!! My hubby is installing 4 new windows in our house so guess who gets to paint those and the trim. YUCK!
    I have a good farmer tan going already too! LOL! One soccer game is all it takes!

Kgslim17 – Looking like a great day all around! Sweet!

Kelisuray – Amen! I don’t think giving up beer and living in the Midwest would work!! LOL! What else do we have to keep us warm in the winter!

Laura – I am with you, I eat a late breakfast so I don’t snack so much… I was in the exact same boat! LOL! I like homemade granola, apples & peanut butter, fruit, pretzels, nuts, yogurt…

Jen – Must be the Midwest thing! =)

Rachel – Yams with peanut butter… LOL! I will have to try that!!

Glenn – Keep your chin up! You sound like you are on the right track and while the scale isn’t moving… you’re gaining muscle and losing fat! Focus on any NSV’s, clothes fit different, compliment from someone… whatever is out there, the scale is just a number! You got this!!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well I wore my only fitbit and my apple watch all weekend long to do a little step comparison and the watch is way off. I know the fitbit is accurate because you can walk and watch the steps increase on the app. The watch does not have this function. Today we are off on a solo walk to calibrate the watch to see if it gets any better. Fingers crossed. Sometimes I think I am too obsessed with these numbers.

Laura @Lauramo06 as far as snacks I eat cut up veggies and hummus, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, plain greek yogurt with hemp seeds

Jen @ChangeIsADecision - I would so miss my beer. I make sure I only have 2 in the fridge at a time but only allow them on the weekend and then work them into my plan. The are definitely in my plan.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind works. It means a lot to have your support!
    Rachel - never heard of yams with peanut butter, but I figure it's gotta be good. I love both, and I've seen curry recipes with some peanut butter in them, and yams. I'm going to try it next week when we are back from the funeral. I'll let you know if I like it as much as you do.
    Dana - I like your new profile pic, looking good!
    Laura - I sent you a friend request. Don't feel dumb, none of us knew how to do it when we first joined either! Also, one of my fav snacks is plain yogurt (I like it better than the sugary flavored stuff) with a tablespoon of chia seeds and some frozen blueberries in it. YUM! Had it for breakfast this morning! Also I like my protein shakes with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and banana with cashew milk and a bit of cinnamon.
    Shy and Dana - MINIMALISM!!!! I love it, got rid of another box the other day, so I'm up to 104 boxes out of my house. It's actually a bit addicting... it feels good, like gaining some freedom. I remember reading on that becoming minimalist blog that 'the more you get rid of, the lighter you will feel' and I didn't get it until I started off-loading stuff. It is definitely true.
    I want to 'minimalize' the fat on my body though - LOL! I wonder how minimalism can be part of weight loss. Like maybe minimizing how many snacks are in the pantry, or how many times you eat out a week... will ponder that a bit more!
    I got up at 5:30 two mornings in a row and went to the gym for my favorite thing: that moving stair machine! I actually really like it now... it sure makes you get sweating FAST. I asked my gym about an arc trainer, but they didn't know what it was and had to look it up. I guess they weren't too interested in ordering one in for me. ha! Wanted to try it though!
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a problem with this... so when I saw it I had to post it!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - must try that yam with peanut butter option - sounds rather nice!

@bluepoppies777 - way to go on the getting up early to exercise. I wish I was better in the mornings - I have grand intentions but they never materialise. Mind you, I was up at 5am this morning reading stories to my little one so, sat here at work, I feel like I've already done a workout of sorts :smiley:

I'm going to try some of the yummy snacks that you are all talking about - particularly for my afternoon boost. I really need to find a way to get lunches that don't immobilise me for the afternoon - I often find that all I want to do after lunch is sleep and it's not helpful! My cold is lingering and has turned into a nasty cough - not happy at all. In more positive news, my husband has just been offered a new job - he's been working for a while with a location that, when he travels to the office, is a 160 mile round trip. The new job is 2 miles from the house - will make such a difference to his work life balance, ability to see the little one and do other stuff. So through the coughing there is positive stuff as well :wink:
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow everyone has been busy yesterday.

@ShyCush6: Baking with Lexi sounds like fun, but I would never make it there sweets are a big weakness for me. Better to leave them in the store. How did the soccer game go?

@chasidee90: where in Ohio do you live? I'm also from Ohio.

@lauramo06: welcome. took me forever to figure out how to invite friends.

@bluepoppies777: Sorry for your loss. Great job on the morning workouts. I wish I could go to the gym in the mornings sometimes. I however have to be to work at 4am. Getting up at 3am is really hard some days, don't think I could get up any earlier, and hubby would kill me if I went to bed any earlier. lol

@FitEqualsSmile: I am right there with you on the painting. I would rather do the installing of the windows and let hubby paint.

@Rachel0778: yams and peanut butter. I have both at home I will have to try it.

Been busy this week with softball. Didn't make I to the gym yesterday, but I did do my 30 day challenges (plank 70 sec, 7 pushups, and abs) I had to go to the grocery store after work and before games. If my family didn't have to eat so much, I would be in great shape. Jenna had a great game the other day. Hit a triple, double and single. She was hoping to try for the Homerun and hit for the cycle but coach put subs in and Cassidy went in for her. Cassidy is not good at patients and is killing her to sit the bench. Have to keep reminding her that she is only a freshman. I think she gets that from me.

Happy hump day!
  • chasidee90
    chasidee90 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 I am from Springfield? You?

Yesterday was a good day. Was feeling good about myself pushed my walk last night even further than before and ended up doing a mile and a half! I am down 13lbs so far and I cant wait to see ehat the scales say this morning.

I am soooo glad I found this group all of yall are amazing and inspiring tip me keep up the good work!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 - try getting a rotisserie chicken from the grocery and bringing it for lunch with some fresh veggies. It lasts a few days and is a great source of protein. It is my lunch staple.

Today is a busy one. I have my trainer and then I do some 30 minutes of cardio. It is hair day so I get a little pampering, it is so needed after so much painting. Have to fit in washing the car and grocery shopping some where in there. My youngest leaves on his senior trip tomorrow so I have to get him some bus snacks as well. He will be in NYC for 4 days with his class. Not a big deal but he should have fun.

Hope everyone has a great day.