Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    unnichacko wrote: »
    I think I will continue T25 day 4 from tomorrow again. I just don't want to do that kind of difficult exercise regularly as I have always kept two rest days in between my workout days. I might do day one, two and three and take a rest day in between and day 4 and 5.

That's a good idea I read that you can change your rest days to whenever you want asking as you keep to the calendar and do workouts as stated on the days. Maybe just start with as much as you can do and then the rest modified like I do? It will be great to have someone doing this with me. I'm splitting the double up day to two days then resting on the last day. Like Motivatedsister I'm planning on setting a goal and instead of just stats I will have an old pair of jeans I will try on each week :)! Inches are better than scale weight even though I weigh in and feel disappointed.
  • unnichacko
    unnichacko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    when do you start again? or have you started already? I am going to do my Day 4 today within a few minutes. Well, we can start again either from Monday as the calendar says or from tomorrow or even from Friday also. Let me know :) I don't mind starting it again. I feel I can give extra effort if done twice or even more. No biggie here.
  • unnichacko
    unnichacko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also, I don't weigh regularly. Scale's are maddening. Inches don't lie. Off I go for Day 4
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    unnichacko wrote: »
    Also, I don't weigh regularly. Scale's are maddening. Inches don't lie. Off I go for Day 4

Well done!! Hope the workout went okay I'm on day 3 week 2 I don't think I will start over because I've not missed any workout yet. Best if you continue from day4 so your only a few days behind me! I will do speed 1.0 today, on my calandar it said I like this one (I can't remember)! Hopefully it goes well I'll work out soon as I work evening tonight. Keep me posted. I c ant wait to do inches on Saturday although I'm only measuring natural waist and belly button line and the biggest part of my hip! I probably should of done more measurements especially my arms which are troublesome areas, but I'm happy to go by just these 3 for now. It's coming up to TOM for me, so last few days I've been craving salt and chocolate, I have behaved myself though but no movement on scales.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Very quiet on this thread now. Sorry I havnt updated recently but that's what I'm doing now. Today is week 3 day 2 speed 1.0. My weight is at 70.4kg and so far in the 3places I'm measuring (natural waist, belly button and hips) I've lost 3.75inches total. The biggest difference I would say is in my thighs at the moment and my shoulder blades/rhomboid area. I def have reduced around my lower back for sure. Weigh hasn't really shifted if anything it's going up and down. I'm still hanging in there and working through it and really please with my inch loss! My hip bones are starting to show again which is lovely.

Unnichacko - how are you doing? Are you still sticking to your plan with t25? Would be lovely to have an update.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    WTG @RachelRiley87 on the inches lost!

This is week 5 of Alpha for me...missed yesterday, so will have to make it up this week at some point. TOM this weekend so I was actually up in weight, but that was as expected. I didn't even bother measuring since I felt completely bloated, so will try to measure sometime this week.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options

This is week 5 of Alpha for me...missed yesterday, so will have to make it up this week at some point. TOM this weekend so I was actually up in weight, but that was as expected. I didn't even bother measuring since I felt completely bloated, so will try to measure sometime this week.

Hey @motivatedsister great to hear your onto week 5 now, is it getting easier or are you finding it harder to stick with? I'm finding the workouts getting more difficult as I master the moves and do less modified!

Never mind if you missed it there's always a chance to catch up on your off day you could just change the stretch out too? TOM here too it was why I was reluctant to weigh and measure but I like to know what's going on (as the day before weigh day I was 72kg and that really put me in a bad mood
  • RachelRiley87
    Options

I think I may buy gamma if I like the beta (will you be doing gamma?) I'm looking forward to hearing about your measurements in the week and can't wait to hear about you starting beta and finding out how you like/dislike that. Good luck catching up. Xxx
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've used T25 before about 2 years ago. I lost 20 pounds before my wedding with it, and then made the mistake of going back to my old ways.

I've started it back up three weeks ago. I am on Day 3 of Week 3, and I am already noticing a difference in my body. I didn't take measurements, and the scale says I've gained 4 pounds, but I am assuming it is muscle.

I am sticking to a 1,200-1,400 calorie diet, walking during my lunch breaks, and doing T25 at night. I love the sore feeling the day after, makes me feel like I'm actually making progress. I'm about 5'5", and started at about 180 pounds (not my finest moments). Even my husband is noticing that my sides are getting their curve back and that my face is thinning.

So, even if you don't see the numbers changing on the scale, you are still making progress. Keep with it!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Kayla103 wrote: »
    I've used T25 before about 2 years ago. I lost 20 pounds before my wedding with it, and then made the mistake of going back to my old ways.

I've started it back up three weeks ago. I am on Day 3 of Week 3, and I am already noticing a difference in my body. I didn't take measurements, and the scale says I've gained 4 pounds, but I am assuming it is muscle.

I am sticking to a 1,200-1,400 calorie diet, walking during my lunch breaks, and doing T25 at night. I love the sore feeling the day after, makes me feel like I'm actually making progress. I'm about 5'5", and started at about 180 pounds (not my finest moments). Even my husband is noticing that my sides are getting their curve back and that my face is thinning.

So, even if you don't see the numbers changing on the scale, you are still making progress. Keep with it!

Well done that's amazing 20lbs would be so nice, did you do that with just alpha and beta? Did you follow nutrition guide for this and just do the 10 weeks or was it longer? You should def. try measurements incase you get a little discouraged like I do. I didn't realise you could get muscles that fast, let's hope that's what mine is too! I'm on the exact same day as you which is great!! I love that your getting your curves back I feel mine are getting there too! Keep me updated each week it's great to have someone on the same day as me! I've only felt sore this week so new experience for me but yes it's a good feeling like progress.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I notice that now in week 5 I can go longer without needing to switch to the modifier or needing to pause for a sec, than I was when I started. I'm short so I've always felt that my strength is in my legs...lol I have no upper body strength, so typically it's moves that involve the upper body that I typically have to modify.

I literally just don't have the core strength or upper body strength to do all the moves on the Ab Intervals workout, so I just do the best that I can do there. But it's getting better....I try to do Pilates at least once a week, and when I went last Friday I noticed that I was really able to do moves that before I didn't have the core strength to do. So I definitely think my core strength is improving even though I feel like I'm modifying nearly 80% of the Ab Intervals workout.

@RachelRiley87 yes I plan to do Beta and Gamma. I do have a vacation coming up, I think it'll be maybe a week shy of me completing Beta. I honestly don't plan on doing T25 over vacation, so once I get back the plan would be to pick up where I left off and go on to Gamma.
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kayla103 wrote: »

Well done that's amazing 20lbs would be so nice, did you do that with just alpha and beta? Did you follow nutrition guide for this and just do the 10 weeks or was it longer? You should def. try measurements incase you get a little discouraged like I do. I didn't realise you could get muscles that fast, let's hope that's what mine is too! I'm on the exact same day as you which is great!! I love that your getting your curves back I feel mine are getting there too! Keep me updated each week it's great to have someone on the same day as me! I've only felt sore this week so new experience for me but yes it's a good feeling like progress.

I did only alpha and beta at the time. I may start doing measurements but I'm not sure. I didn't follow the nutrition guide, but I did change my diet. I wasn't a huge fan of following that, getting used to it, and then going on my own and not knowing how to care for myself.

I read somewhere that it takes 21 days for you to make a habit out of something. I already feel it is a habit to work out to T25 at the same time every day but this week I've noticed I don't want to talk myself out of it. And I keep telling myself, "the only one I'm hurting by not doing it is me."

Also, I read it take 4 weeks for you to notice the difference in your body, 8 for your family and friends, and 14 for the rest of the world. So keep that in mind and keep up the great work! :-)
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    I notice that now in week 5 I can go longer without needing to switch to the modifier or needing to pause for a sec, than I was when I started. I'm short so I've always felt that my strength is in my legs...lol I have no upper body strength, so typically it's moves that involve the upper body that I typically have to modify.

I literally just don't have the core strength or upper body strength to do all the moves on the Ab Intervals workout, so I just do the best that I can do there. But it's getting better....I try to do Pilates at least once a week, and when I went last Friday I noticed that I was really able to do moves that before I didn't have the core strength to do. So I definitely think my core strength is improving even though I feel like I'm modifying nearly 80% of the Ab Intervals workout.

@RachelRiley87 yes I plan to do Beta and Gamma. I do have a vacation coming up, I think it'll be maybe a week shy of me completing Beta. I honestly don't plan on doing T25 over vacation, so once I get back the plan would be to pick up where I

Oh lovely enjoy your holiday! I may have caught up to your week when you restart up then! I'm hardly modifying now either but I'm exactly the same I have no upper body strength so all my powerhouse is my lower body, lower focus I go 100% feel nothing no soreness. It's strange like you I have to modify atleast 80% on abs DVD I can't even sit there without shaking and feeling it work let alone lift my leg(s)
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @motivatedsister
    Oh lovely enjoy your holiday! I may have caught up to your week when you restart up then! I'm hardly modifying now either but I'm exactly the same I have no upper body strength so all my powerhouse is my lower body, lower focus I go 100% feel nothing no soreness. It's strange like you I have to modify atleast 80% on abs DVD I can't even sit there without shaking and feeling it work let alone lift my leg(s)!! I might try out a Pilates class what a good idea! With the dip in my back and poor core I've always avoided Pilates or yoga. Anything plank/press ups I modify too.

I have a question today I'm about to do lower focus, this afternoon though I was so tired I had to nap for 2hrs and still felt tired afterwards like extreme fatigue, I did get a good 7 and a half hours sleep last night it was a bit of waking up and took awhile to drop off but this morning I was exhausted too!? Just wondering if it's workout related as this week I'm feeling the workouts more?

(Sorry for some reason my posts always seem to stop half way through what I write to you.. But I copy and pasted just incase today!)
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Kayla103 - I completely understand with the nutrition I looked and was thinking now au, I need to be able to change my lifestyle and I'll only accomplish that if I can eat fairly healthy with occasional cheats and still have my coffees in the morning! I need to get more strict on nutrition but I'm changing things slowly, interesting about the 21days, let's see in one more week if I'm just doing to us by habit and if my new habits starts to stick. I say the exact same things to myself and keep looking for motivational before and afters to keep me giving 110% I feel like I can only get healthy if nothing else by doing this. It's certainly not going to hurt me by changing bad habits and exercising frequently after all I'm getting 3hrs of exercise in a week now and I'm told that's the recommended amount, even if I feel I'm cheating by on,y doing 25minutes a day! Great words of encouragement I look forward to week 4! Good luck yourself too.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Interesting post I just found about building muscle, I think it's aimed towards men.. But it's interesting of how much lbs you can expect to gain of muscle per month depending on level. I'd be at the lower end I think for legs and higher level for muscle growth in arms and core (upper body).. Although if this is aimed at men maybe women it's much slower? http://www.builtlean.com/2011/10/13/how-fast-can-you-build-muscle-5-factors-that-affect-muscle-growth/
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Fatigue is normal- Could be TOTM-related, or you could jyst be overstressing your body. Why don't have a day off? You have the rest of your life before you to get fit and lean... so take it slow and steady. Xx

• sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh... just saw your earlier message. I am a pear with legs like trunk trunks. You? :)
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Happy to find this post! I keep thinking of buying this program... :)
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @sarochka85 - I might end up taking my rest day early I'm just sitting resting now and if I feel okay I'll do the workout later, it is the easiest one for me today lower focus. I just ate a bit more too as was feeling headachy. I'm an hourglass I think very hourglassy but not 100% sure, at my natural waist it goes really far in even when I'm big and always even if big I have big clavicle bones lol, then my hips go out far and I can feel bone just a little under all my fat haha I've never got slim enough to find out though. My thighs are huge but all muscle and my calls.. Not much fat just inner thigh ATM.