fit for october challenge

Options

Replies

• KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello,

So, this past week I only worked out once and didn't watch my food intake. I'm not sure why I fell off the wagon but it may have something to do with TOM. Every month, for those days I get super lazy and do want to do anything. I feel like I completely messed up the last 3 weeks. It's been hard for me to lose the weight and I've only lost 3 pounds since exercising and watching what I'm eating (which has been depressing me a bit). Tomorrow is weigh in day for me and I'm pretty sure I gained the weight back. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back on track.

I hope everyone hard a great week!
  • maryff
    maryff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd love to jump in because I'm going on a cruise at the end of October and need the extra motivation to get back on track. I'd like to lose 40 lbs by then, but would be happy with 30.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    maryff welcome on board ill make a not of you target and we can all motivate you when you need it. i love the sound of a cruise hubby isnt so fusse dbut maybe when my kids are grown up and gone i can convince him we neeeeedd one lol

KatheryneH13 we all have those weeks except men who are immune to TOM dam them lol this coming week is a new week so we can all behere to help you get back on track and acheiving the goals a blip week is just that a blip and easily forgotten well until TOM visits again lol
  • serenity920
    serenity920 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie and looking for a team, I love the sexy Halloween costume goal, Can i join?
    I am currently 219, and would like to be 190 by Halloween. That is 2# a week for the next 18 weeks. Now that's a goal!!!
    Hope it isn't too late to join you ladies
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    nelski how good is jillian whipping ure butt??? hope the tastes of philedelphia is good but as im in uk please tell me what will you be tasting because philedelphia here is a soft cheese so im having this image of you eating soft spread cheeses all day

Well, I didn't get around to the Jillian workout yesterday, but I am about to do it after I type this post.
    The comment about eating soft cheeses all day made me LOL. We do have Philadelphia cream cheese here too but that's not really what the city is known for, it's just the brand name. I would say it's most known for cheese steaks, hoagies and soft pretzles but we have tons of good food here. I tasted a bunch of different foods yesterday...mexican, BBQ, cuban, cajun. Yum!
  • FallonWhynd
    Options
    I'm in, but im a diabetic, i was wondering if any one had any tips for something extra i could do besides keep my blood sugar in check (im type 1- hereditary) and exercise? special foods? anything really...
  • FallonWhynd
    Options
    I'm in, but im a diabetic, i was wondering if any one had any tips for something extra i could do besides keep my blood sugar in check (im type 1- hereditary) and exercise? special foods? anything really...
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie and looking for a team, I love the sexy Halloween costume goal, Can i join?
    I am currently 219, and would like to be 190 by Halloween. That is 2# a week for the next 18 weeks. Now that's a goal!!!
    Hope it isn't too late to join you ladies

it isnt too late welcome aboard we have a couple people hoping to look sexy for halloween im just hoping to lose a few lbs and tone few being 20lbs id love to surprise my hubby with a really sexy dress when we go away if i can brave the dress aisles im more a jeans girl or at a push floor length skirt

Nelski i am so glad it wasnt just soft cheese all day the pretzels sound good tho i dont eat meat so ill pass on the cheese steaks now get to jillian and let her whip ure butt so i can find out if its worth giving her workout a try or if she will kill me lol

FallonWhynd welcome i have no clue about diabetes but a good friend of mine from real life is type 1 diabetic and trying to lose weight she has her own web page www.cathysweightlossdiary.co.uk shes also on here under catsbd and im sure she can be alot better help on foods etc how much are you wanting to lose?
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    good morning how are we all this lovely sunny monday?? it finally feels like summer and the kind of weather that makes me want to get out there and do some walking i may have to try and convince hubby we can do something for the 2hrs my little one is at nursery and the other one will sleep in her pushchair. if not i am going to try a little wii step today my foot isnt up to the jogging yet but if i do a couple 10minute sets of step and see how i go not much differant than walking as the wii fit board is quite low and at least i will feel like i did something productive.

what plans has everyone else got for this lovely sunny day??
  • mabrywynn
    mabrywynn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Monday...started off slightly annoying (i ate tons of salt this weekend and obviously it shows on the scale)...but going to use it as motivation to work out hard and eat even better this whole week. I am heading to the gym this morning for some total conditioning (which usually burn about 550-650 calories) and my goal is to not touch any cookies and no bread after 2pm! Here is to another week and hopefully lose 0.5, to 1lb by friday??
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    Monday...started off slightly annoying (i ate tons of salt this weekend and obviously it shows on the scale)...but going to use it as motivation to work out hard and eat even better this whole week. I am heading to the gym this morning for some total conditioning (which usually burn about 550-650 calories) and my goal is to not touch any cookies and no bread after 2pm! Here is to another week and hopefully lose 0.5, to 1lb by friday??

i am rooting for you no cookies no bread and get to the gym oh and pretty please burn some calories for me too lol

i lost a little more today so 0.4lbs since friday and 1.2lbs since last monday which has shocked me as i didnt really get any exercise because of my foot i did do 30minute son wii step today it burned a measly 99calories but its better than nothing i wa sso dying to get on my trampoline and do some jogging but i really dont want to tempt fate and set myself back paitience may be a virtue but its soooo boring when i want to be calorie burning
  • mabrywynn
    Options

i lost a little more today so 0.4lbs since friday and 1.2lbs since last monday which has shocked me as i didnt really get any exercise because of my foot i did do 30minute son wii step today it burned a measly 99calories but its better than nothing i wa sso dying to get on my trampoline and do some jogging but i really dont want to tempt fate and set myself back paitience may be a virtue but its soooo boring when i want to be calorie burning

congrats on the extra weight loss without exercise...good luck on that foot!! Hopefully it will get better soon...I hear you about the patience thing. Which I don't seem to have much for my kids unless I get to the gym...I feel bad for the twins when mama has to skip her morning workout...lol

I am doing good on the bread/cookie from. Just had one piece with really tasty but healthy chicken salad (poached chicken, 2 tsp olive oil, some white wine vinagrette and 1/4 cup craisins...tons of protein and goodness) and now I am done for the day. Going to make chicken with spinach and mozzarella tonight for dinner...I have to wear a bathing suit this weekend!!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    i hear ya mabrywynn i know i cant be doing all i want yet my foot is still twinging ive been on it all today school run some shopping and the 30mins step on wii and its got a numb feeling inside now and twitches when i sit like i usually do as well as throbbing its like the rock and hard place i so want to get up and jogging if for nothing more than the extra calories i burn but then i dont want to make it worse again part of me is wondering if i slipped in first place because my calf wasnt fully healed from last weekend that or that leg and foot just conspiring against me lol

well done on the cookies i couldnt resist especially when warm from the oven thats why i dont bake them i make cakes and buns and scones but rarely biscuits and cookies becaus ei go overboard with them all warm and soft as they come out the oven mmmm im going to try bake a peach meranguie thingy tomorrow for kids they seen it on tv and all say yummmy lol
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    Good Morning my fellow dieters
    i am in a fab mood the sun is shining and i fitted into a dress i havent worn in 3 years its like calf length and a loose fit but the fact i can A fit it on me and B fasten the buttons has pleased me no end simple things and all that

what is everyones plans for today? i am going to asda with my friend and into mcdonalds but im being good im having mint tea ( i take my own tbag) and probably just a hashbrown im not really in the mood for my usual egg muffin today or i might just wait and have some fries instead of breakfast so hard when i used to eat them both on the good point we do at least 45minutes walking round the store and this afternoon i need to go clothes shopping for my kids for eid and maybe a treat for my birthday on saturday

have a great day everyone
  • Nelski
    Options
    Monkeysmum, that's great you can wear that dress! :)

Today is just work and counting the days til the weekend. I am trying to drink more water today to make up for a pretty high sodium day yesterday. Tonight I have a date with Jillian and her 6 week 6 pack. It's a good workout. A few of the moves are tough for me though...side plank, ughhhh. I just do what I can and hopefully in a couple weeks I will feel stronger and struggle less.
  • mabrywynn
    Options
    monkeysmum: congrats about the dress, what a great feeling huh? You can even tell your happy ton in your post keep it up!

neiski: keep up the good work on Jillian...you will be suprised at how well you can do the side plank in just a couple of weeks

...i was in a terrible mood again this morning about myself (just bad self body image during period...typical)...which was good because I pushed really hard today at the gym. Just did cardio : combination of elliptical, treadmill and stairmaster. Probably burned about 550-600 calories. I am doing good on the cookie front today as well. Tomorrow I have a date night with the hubby so my goal will be to NOT eat any of the bread out of the bread basket at dinner.
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    hows your date will jillian going nelski has she whooped your behind into shape yet?? lol funnily we are way behind the states on biggest loser jillian is still there with bob and i love it but the uk version well its rubbish the uk contanstants lose maybe what the states people lose in 3 weeks maybe us brits or slower to lose weight or the uk trainers just dont have the jillian *kitten* whooping quite right but it makes the show less fun to watch if that makes sense?

mabrywynn i was extremely happy i also have 3 long skirts i havent worn in years i think i wore them maybe half a dozen times each before i gained weight back i pulle dthem out the cupboard today and tried and they fit one is still a little tight if i had a big meal id be uncomfy in it but for walking around out and about its a good fit the others are great one is even loose i spent a good half hour just bugging my hubby going woohoo they fit hes great he didnt once tell me shut up i know he just laughed alittle at me and how excited i was. its kinda made me more determined and im even thinking of looking for a new dress for october to surprise him when we go out for a meal it has definatley made my bday saturday seem more fun knowing i can look good in something.

today also went well i did 1hr 45minutes walking ok so it was only around shops but its exercise i found bargains on clothes for my kids for eid and school uniform for september and a new pair curtains for my living room silly little things that just cheered my day up even more like me enjoying going out shopping and looking at clothes and thinking ooo i like that and it might actually fit and not look like i shoehorned me into it i even saw a few possible clothes for buying in october if i can have spare money afte rthe drain on funds my kids are needing uniforms how dare they grow when i finally want clothes for me lmao

hope everyone else has had a great day
  • Nelski
    Options
    Just finished a butt kicking with Jillian. A lot of it is rough for me but I'm going to stick with it. I have always thought my shoulders were my weakest muscles, plus I've had rotator cuff issues so I have to be careful with certain moves, but I hope this will help strengthen everything up!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    Just finished a butt kicking with Jillian. A lot of it is rough for me but I'm going to stick with it. I have always thought my shoulders were my weakest muscles, plus I've had rotator cuff issues so I have to be careful with certain moves, but I hope this will help strengthen everything up!

brilliant it defiantely cant hurt to try well maybe it can but it should be good for you in the long run and you have to stick to it as we all need to know if her *kitten* whooping is worth investing in for ourselves lol

happy wednesday already this week is flying past not that i mind because its means im closer to the weekend and my kids summer 6 week break just the first 3 days usually drag for me anyways

todays plans im going to collect my new room curtains not that i am excited but this is the first new pair room curtains in 13years and i am really sick of the old ones now back to the simple things again lol im also having breakfast with my friend in ikea and buying the other curtain pole i need for my door curtain only been waiting for like 12months to buy that then i need drop one kiddy to nursery and do food shopping in les sthan 1hr because this afternoon is the girls summer gala more money but plenty walking around as they drag me from stall to stall nagging mum can we try this can we have that can i have a cake bun biscuit juice and so on

hope your all being good and enjoying the sunshine i know i am
  • mabrywynn
    Options
    i woke up in another funk this morning....women should not be allowed to weigh themselves during TOM!!! I mean seriously, when the numbers are there on the myfitnesspal site that you should be scientifically losing weight; however, the scale reads that you have gained weight. ugh!! Tonight is date night with the dh - so hopefully I can stay away from the bread basket.

I went to the gym yesterday and did some hardcore cardio...today is is total conditioning again 75 minutes of butt kicking workout to burn about 550-600 calories...bring it on! I wish I could lose weight like I did in my 20s...i swear i just turned 30 a couple of months ago and it is just not budging