Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Laura and Brett - Welcome to the group. I only have two - we play man to man. I don't know how you parents do it playing zone, lol. God bless you.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @lauramo06 I have apps for a 30 day ab, plank, & pushup schedule. (I call them 30 day challenges as some days they kick my butt and it is a challenge for me. They must be working though because I am now able to do 7 pushups. (8 today fingers crossed). Even when I was my fittest I have never been able to do real pushups.)

@ChangeIsADecision I don't know how everyone else gets all of their posts but I have to take notes (like in school) so if anyone has any cheat ideas please let me know.

@brett28elliott welcome I also have 3 kids (Brandon 23, Jenna 18, & Cassidy 15) Cassidy reminded me yesterday that she has 13 days until she can get her temps. (UGH! not ready for that. She would be my handful! Can I just say 15 year old mouthy girls SUCK! I remember Jenna being mouthy at 15 but not this bad. Cassidy is definitely all her dad not me. LOL I was a perfect 15 year old girl! :p

Life has really gotten in the way of the gym for me this week. Tuesday I had work, grocery store, dinner, & then softball. Yesterday my plan was to leave work go home and change and then off to the gym. Not! The doctor called and said they were taking my mom to hospital by ambulance with chest pains. I left work and went and sat in the emergency room for 3 1/2 hours. Found her sugar to be very high and a funky EKG. They kept her last night and I believe they are doing a stress test today. fingers crossed. Then we had another softball game. Lost that one but it was a great game.
    Today I should be able to the gym I need my cardio fix. (never thought I would say that) LOL then another game, but this one isn't until 7 under the lights. Do these people not know that that is almost my bed time that I have to get up at 3 in the morning. WTH. Forecast is rain today so I may be good though.

• FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @ngolden3320 good luck with your mom. That is always scary for sure. Hit the gym hard. It helps.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @glenneric913 Welcome! I agree that slow and steady wins the race. I don't do cheat days since I don't want my new lifestyle to be something I have to cheat on, but I'm glad to hear it's working for you!

@Lauramo06 It's hard to rest on beautiful days. Don't worry too much about the scale, just focus on these amazing positive life choices you are making!

@ChangeIsADecision Don't hit the quote button. Just go right down to the reply box at the bottom. That way you can do @ persons avatar name and reply to them all in one reply post

@FitEqualsSmile I'm jealous of aerial yoga too, what a cool activity! Sadly my small town Minnesota is a bit limited, but when I'm up in the Twin Cities I'll have to give it a try!

@ShyCush6 Sounds like you have a great weekend planned celebrating your husband's birthday! I love your idea of holding off on the weigh in so that the water weight gains don't mess with your mind. Being DD is a great plan to make sure the beer indulgences don't get too out of hand.

@brett28elliot Welcome! Keep posting :)

@ngolden3320 I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm sending positive thoughts that the tests come out well.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you parent's out there juggle it all. My significant other and I are DINKs (dual income no kids) and our schedule constantly seems packed as it is!

I woke up this morning feeling much more body positive today so I'm feeling more "in the zone" so to speak. We're visiting my inlaws next weekend (foodapolooza) so I'm hoping to be in a good place mentally to enjoy the treats in moderation and not go too overboard.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - the answer is, with difficulty - and we only have 1 child! I am full of respect for you guys who have multiples - managing my one rampaging loony is quite enough!! But in seriousness, we found that your priorities change. Social life (particularly night time) goes out of the window, you focus on other things and prioritise what really matters. You look at your diary and you realise that everything in it is in fact your kids social life and you are simply the taxi driver. And you know what? It's fun....most of the time. Although the 4.30am wakeup this morning doesn't fall into that category! Glad you are feeling positive today - enjoy the inlaws!

@ngolden3320 - sorry to hear about your mum. Hoping that the tests aren't too bad.

@ShyCush6 - I like your plan, both about delaying the weigh in and being the driver. We are going for lunch with friends on Sunday and they want to celebrate hubby's new job with wine (this move has been a long time in the making!) so I'm driving. Win win situation - hubby gets to enjoy and I keep control of my intake and hopefully don't go too over my calories - the friends are great cooks so I'm not planning on staying completely under! Thanks for the good wishes for hubby's job - as I say, a long time in the making and the reduction in travel should do wonders for him.

@Lauramo06 and @brett28elliott - welcome to the thread. Keep posting :)

@FitEqualsSmile - ah, glad I'm not alone on the beer front. I don't really like it but a good fruit beer will usually tempt me, we can get a really nice raspberry one here (can't remember the make) which slides down a little too easily!

Not much happening here - cold is mostly gone but the cough is lingering and really driving me nuts. Need to be fit for lunch on Sunday so trying to take it easy while still doing a days work (from home) and dosing myself up. Anybody got any home remedies that actually work to ease coughs - I'm trying the gargling salt water (yuck!) and milk with honey approaches but open to other suggestions!
  • kgslim17
    kgslim17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone has been busy. I've been reading posts and I feel motivated to lose weight and clean.
    @brett28elliott -welcome to the group. I remember the days of little ones. I have a college freshman and a 15 year old. They will be older before you know it. I also worked with autistic preschoolers so friend me and feel free to vent whenever needed.
    @ngolden3320 - sending prayers for your mom.
    @ShyCush6- enjoy your husband's birthday weekend. I bet you will do fine with the celebrating. It sounds like you are already aware.

Are there any wine drinkers out there? is
  • Lauramo06
    Lauramo06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @kgslim17 - I am a wine drinker. I love all types of wine.

@jkhoffe - SO SAD!!! I heard that just about an hour ago too. Prince's music will live on forever!!! :/
  • Lauramo06
    Lauramo06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone use the app Mapmyfitness?
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Laura - I have used it on an off for years. It is a good one.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes for my mom. She has to have a heart cath tomorrow and the nurse told me her average sugar has been bad for 3 months. She keeps forgetting to take her insulin I know her memory is sucks big but. Gonna have to talk to social worker about getting her some in home care
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Sorry the mouthy brat got in the truck after school. I knew her memory was bad but I guess I was in denial. Praying she can get help.

Sucks about Prnce :'( I'm a fan from way back in the Purple Rain days. True fan of all 80's music that is what gets me through workouts most days.

Ate a whopper w cheese for lunch. Hating myself right now. Have to definitely go to gym now if I want to eat any sort of dinner.
  • la2511
    la2511 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lesley I am just restarting my healthy living journey now that I feel like I've got my mojo back after a long depressing winter. The sun is shining & has given me the motivation to make some serious changes to my lifestyle. I would love to join in if still open to new members x
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Welcome Lesley. Add me as a friend if you want
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi Lesley welcome to the group. I am also loving the sunny weather and try to get outside as much as i can.
    welcome to the other newbies
    @ngolden3320 sorry to hear about your mum. Hope you get the care sorted for her.
    @ShyCush6 enjoy your weekend it sounds like fun
    @Rachel0778 sorry it took so long but i got the protein drink is from asda the brand name is Arla and i tried the tropical fruit today and it was lovely, 20g of protein in a milkshake drink.

I have just had another kickboxercise session and absolutely loved it, it was a new set working mainly on legs with some punching and some core work mixed in. I went to the shops after my workout and actually wanted to buy fruit instead of bad snacks :smiley: loving feeling and looking healthier :smiley:

Keep doing the great work everyone :smile:
  • goonietime
    goonietime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just rejoined a few days ago. I was doing pretty well a few years back getting to a healthy place and then I moved to a different state and everything went blah. I joined a gym almost a month ago and have been going 3 times a week. My goals are: lose 65 lbs, live a healthier lifestyle in general, and to not hit the "continue watching" button on Netflix as much.
  • steviejanedrake
    steviejanedrake Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hi my name is stevie Jane : ) this seems like a great group and I could use motivation. I am 27 currently 200 lbs and am looking to lose 50 lbs and get back to my old self. I have tried many things over the last year and a half to lose this extra weight, and I think my main problem is being consistent, and keeping my motivation going. any support is welcome and I wish everyone luck in their journeys !
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    em4cr2bd0j2h.jpg

have a great day everyone
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    0jmodbmne606.jpeg