40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    so..."Rest"=FAILED! went to the gym and banged out some legs!!
    b30jakmr9h19.jpg
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Long (60 minute) sloooooow recovery run.
    Nice guns @gam3rguy
  • 1shark1bite
    1shark1bite Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Cool I'm 50yrs old new to the site I need to explore these groups, looks like fun. My main goals are running in nature, I am working toward running a mile in under 6min's and I want to run a 5k this year in under 24 mins.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    60to35 wrote: »
    Long (60 minute) sloooooow recovery run.
    Nice guns @gam3rguy
    thanks. work in progress.

"22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 3"=Done!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • 60to35
    Options
    Very hard 35 minute fartlek on the mill. Glad it's over.
    Finished with 72 push ups and some hanging leg raises. These were kinda pitiful. Need to work on them.
    Hit the 140s yesterday- haven't been there in over 5 years.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Weight training = Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 1 & Core 2"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Delete post
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just started teaching two fitness classes a week at a senior center. <3
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Mamabelle4 wrote: »
    Hi 40 year old newbie with 5 stone to lose. Is it possible to shift this kind of weight at this age? Been overweight to some extent for 20 years but with kids now I want to be able to enjoy activities without feeling 80 after 3 mins. Love to hear some success stories at this age!

It takes time. Too many think that after gaining for twenty years they will drop it all in a few months. And you can find stories on here about some doing just that. But most don't.
    It takes time to change habits and lifestyle. And you have to make fundamental changes. I don't care for people saying they are "going on a diet". To me that implies short term and deprivation.
    I gained weight because for years I ate more than I burned. So I've had to do several things.
    1. Figure out what emotional needs I was addressing with food and develop better ways to deal with those issues.
    2. Get a grip on exactly what I was eating by starting to track with MFP even without trying to cut much. Just knowing what I was doing helped me start making better choices.
    3. Make better choices for fewer calories so that
    4. Eat at a deficit and
    5. Start moving more.

I took years to get fat. I figure it will take several years to lose the weight. And I can't ever go back to what I was doing before.

I also figured that if I didn't change something all I would be is older. And since I am not dead yet I can still choose to change.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Traps=WRECKED!! :s
  • ulcaster555
    ulcaster555 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Newbie, 51 yrs old, took over a year to lose 40pds, last 5 to go, feeling good, try to walk 30-45 min a day.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Well, now I want to KNOW what "delete post" is all about...
  • 60to35
    Options
    35 minute TM run.
  • momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I haven't posted here in a long time. 14 weeks ago I started my weightloss journey again. (Weight Watchers and exercise) I have lost 28 lbs! For some reason it is finally clicking. I had reached my highest weight ever in January. I saw a picture of myself and knew something had to change. Happy to accept new friends to follow.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    1/2 a day off = Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=DONE! arms are SHAKING!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Did a 12k run on Sunday and it felt good. Longest run since the fall. Was all set to head out for a run on Monday when I stubbed my toe - bad. So, no run. :disappointed: It is bruised and swollen and I was limping pretty bad yesterday. It feels better today - still coloured and a bit swollen, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be, so that's good news. I am signed up to run a half marathon the first weekend of June, so this really, really pissed me off. I don't like set backs. There are worse things in life, so let's carry on.

Got a good strength workout in yesterday. Increased the weights in all my exercises! Progress! :)