Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Options

Replies

• beckyoconner
    beckyoconner Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would like to be added :).
    I need to lose about 15 pounds that I have put on over the last 18 months.
    I mostly eat Paleo consuming around 1500 calories a day / 40 carbs/ 40 fat / 20 protein
    I run 10 to 15 miles per week and do strength training two days a week.

[if you want to get well, you have to have the courage to face what's making you sick]

• darenhenderson
    darenhenderson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SIGN ME UP.

Got a Vivofit from my wife a year ago and promptly hid it! Since then I have not struggled at all....with packing on the weight! Looking forward to leaning out and getting back on the soccer pitch!

CW: 230lbs
    TW for May: 220 (Target loss for May is 10lbs)
    Overall GW: 195 lbs
    Eating : Everything in sight currently, but going paleo, no gluten, sugar or coffee for May and beyond...

Sporadic exercise, lots of business travel. Plan to use cardio, gym and indoor soccer once a week to help hit my goal.
  • bakingbehin
    bakingbehin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will like to join the May challenge. Currently trying to stick to 1300cals a day and 4 to 5 days of exercise. Have 10Ibs to lose and eat less carbs. Please sign me up
  • joserette
    joserette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge . I need to get rid of 60 lbs . I don't have a diet or exercise routine .): my starting weight right now is 306 . I'm at my highest weight and I could really use motivation. :'(
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Group closed. All invitations received before 25th April will be accepted. Thank you.
  • dramagirl007
    dramagirl007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I need to lose over 50 pounds more, Ive lost about 13 so far and want to lose another 13 by July because Im going on an Appalachian trail backpacking trip with my boyfriend for a week. I mostly eat protein bars or hard boiled eggs for breakfast, a sandwich with veggie chips for lunch, chicken and broccoli for dinner and carrots, peanuts and cottage cheese for snacks. Im in the 1600 calorie range. I hike 3 miles with a 20 pound backpack on the weekends and try to get 3 miles of walking in everyday during the week wearing a 20 pound weighted vest.
  • heatherdonovan3
    heatherdonovan3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'd like to join the challenge too. I am back after a long time away from MFP & starting fresh. I've only lost 2.5 pounds so far but have been logging all my meals, even the bad ones. I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds. I generally eat healthy although I have a sweet tooth that gets me. I'm gluten free and dairy free. I typically work out 4 to 5 times a week but have been getting sick a lot so I need motivation to keep up with it. I like Zumba, kickboxing, circuit training & running.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

- how much weight you have to lose - roughly about 20lbs
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much - aprox 8lbs (I keep losing and gaining the same 2lbs
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan - I follow CICO with between 1,200 - 1,500 cals depending on activity level/hunger and for fitness I like to jog, Crossfit/HIIT and Pole Dance at least three times a week.
  • NatJ522
    NatJ522 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!!! Need to lose 20 lbs still. Lost about 10 lbs. My goal is 1450 calories. I try to do some kind of physical activity every day.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    drpsamin wrote: »
    Group closed. All invitations received before 25th April will be accepted. Thank you.

If you open up for more I'd love to join.

After getting divorced I gained 40 pounds on top of my already overweight body. I need to drop the weight not only for my physical health but also for my mental health. I need to lose at least 60 pounds.

I lost 70 pounds a couple years ago and have gained 40 of that back. I know I can do this.. because I lost it before. I just need to find my motivation.

I started a couple weeks tracking everything I eat. I am attempting to reduce my carbs and fats but really no special diet. Just healthy cleaner eating. I walk when the weather is nice outside and do videos inside when it's not.
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I need to be accountable!!!

- how much weight you have to lose - 55lbs (25kg)
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much - NIL
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan - I have tried all diets, fads, etc. I am now just using MFP and logging everything, to stay under my goal.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I really need to be accountable otherwise I fall off the wagon very easily. Need to get my bod back in shape. I have put on 11lbs in the last 6 months and need to shift it all, and some!!

- how much weight you have to lose - 28lbs (2 stone)
    - how much weight you've already lost - 38lbs (2 stone 10lbs) from diet and exercise over a few years
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan - I eat fairly clean (sometimes fall off the wagon which is why I need to be accountable) and I do a 3 mile walk strong workout 4-5 times a week plus each day I walk my dog about 4 miles.
  • Nicholek35
    Nicholek35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to join your group.. I'm new on here and i need to lose about 15 lbs.. I have only lost about 1 lbs so far..My diet -eat is 1200 calories, I try to work out at least 4x a week but I don't always get to.. I am looking for a group that can give me motivation and support.. Thank you
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I would love to join in in too. I'll be celebrating my first fitversary next week. And before moving into maintenance I'd like to lose just a little more to have a comfortable weight range to accommodate for fluctuations.

- ideally I'd like to lose another 5kg (11lbs)
    - I've lost 45.5kgs (tiny bit ove 100lbs)
    - my diet is just to stay within my calorie goal range. I do not have any regular exercise schedule because I have a 1.5yr and 2.5yr old. But any chance I get even if it's just marching on the spot I do it. Recently I've been doing different 30 day challenges though.
  • anfieldech
    anfieldech Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey ^^

I would like to lose about 5 more kg until end of May.
    I'm currently about 57-57.5kg. I started at 62.5
    I had quite a bit of unhealthy weight loss in the past few months and I am slowly upping my cal intake and trying to still lose haha. So I'll be eating diff cals every week and I will also bike when temperature > 5°C here haha
  • mackenziegraham445
    mackenziegraham445 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 45 pounds
    I have so far lost 33 pounds
    and I try to eat around 1100 calories a day, and exercise 5-6 times a week for up to an hour to an hour and a half
  • daisydreamn
    daisydreamn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I would love to join in too! I have about 20 lbs. to lose. I've been following Bob Harper's Skinny Rules for the past three weeks and have lost four pounds so far. When I can, I work out on the treadmill and the stationary bike. Looking forward to the accountability and support!
  • creeburgh
    creeburgh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I need to lose 15 pounds. I walk, run, hike, bike and do yoga. Need to find a meal plan.
  • pommychic506
    pommychic506 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey can I join the challenge please?
    I have gained a stone and a half from being on meds and I need to get this weight off for summer!! I haven't lost any of the weight yet as I have only just come off the meds this week. I am motivated as hell but need it to stay that way!! I have only been playing around with MFP in the past but now taking it seriously and need friends on here too!!
  • EllenVaughn
    EllenVaughn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your challenge group.
    I need to loose 75 lbs, have gained 45 in the last year and a half. So motivation is needed. I use a recumbent stationary bike for exercise as I have no balance and use a wheelchair. My fitness pal says 1750 calories a day and I'm gonna start at 3 times a week for biking.