Slim down for summer - May Challenge

Options

Replies

• santasmrs
    santasmrs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there I would love to join you all we all need motivation to succeed. I am 60 years old and just been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, my knees are really bad. I need to lose about 21 pounds I have been a yo yo dieter forever. Live in the uk, would also love to make some new friends. I am so looking forward to this challenge. Linda
  • kimberley_liburd
    kimberley_liburd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi is it too late to join?
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    CAN I JOIN??????
    I have yo yoed for years, was an MFP success then wasnt. I have lost 19lbs since Jan 4th I want to lose slowly but surely another 40lbs. I am counting calories and throwing in weeks where I eat 5 small meals rather than the traditional 3 meals per day - this worked really well for me before but my partner really hates it.
    I was a runner, I have restarted c25k and have got back on my bike - I am so unfit but that is probably coz i grunt putting my socks on and cant touch my toes ffs! Really want to keep to this and sort it out. Debbie
  • kimberley_liburd
    kimberley_liburd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group for the challenge and motivation to lose the weight. I have lost 17kg in just over a year through diet and exercise. But for the last few months I have plateaued. I want to get closer to my final goal to lose 10kg more, 5 kg by the end of June for my birthday. I plan to lose 3kg by the end of May. Taking 10k steps a day and 4 workouts a week.

• Sharons_solution
    Sharons_solution Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to join - I have been losing and gaining the same 10 pounds for far too long. I am working with a nutritionist and planning to do a modified Whole30 in May to start taming my sugar demon and to lay off the wine for a while (love a glass in the evening but for this post-menopausal women it piles on pounds...not to mention it can lead to bad food choices)
    My goal for May is to lose 10 pounds and get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
  • CNUcaptain
    CNUcaptain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join the challenge :)

I need to lose about 25 pounds. I've already lost about 2. My goal is 1200 calories through a vegetarian diet, so I'm struggling with getting a decent protein intake. As for exercise, my primary method is through running-- I'm training for a half-marathon I have registered for in January. I also do some circuit cardio workouts.
  • myoder98
    myoder98 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join your challenge. Right now I weigh 205 lbs. I need to lose 45 pounds to be healthy, but would really like to lose about 60. My diet plan is a calorie counting plan. I am learning to eat better by finding foods that are low in calories but filling. I am planning to exercise at least 3 times a week and more if my schedule permits. I have not lost anything yet because I am starting fresh now!
  • Nicanise2
    Nicanise2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need an accountability group. I have gained roughly 60 lbs in almost 3 years after I stopped smoking and started stuffing my face :-( I would like to loose 80lbs but every little bit helps...I have been trying for about 6lbs and I am just maintaining but not losing. Now I am in Italy, so I do workout 3 times a week and I can see some problems with what I eat...plenty...Now that I am back on here and logging I am praying that I can at most loose about 30lbs by July or so...Maybe too aggressive :-(
  • anubile1967
    anubile1967 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Please add me to this challenge - I need more motivation.

- I need to lose 54 pounds
    - I've already lost 56 pounds - I'm halfway to my goal, which is frustrating at times.
    - I eat 900-1,100 calories per day (6 months post-op from wls); gym is 3x per week and walk 1-2 miles daily at work

Thanks!
  • IAmAlessandroP
    IAmAlessandroP Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey All I'm in!!! I graduate my from my masters program on the 22nd and I want to feel good walking across the stage. Let's do this y'all!!!

-I want to lose 15lbs
    -I've already lost 8 lbs
    -Diet- eat 1900 cals, workout most days (min 5, max 7)

• Tricia_88
    Tricia_88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Over the past year and a half I've lost about 30lbs. I was trying to lose but wasn't really "working it". Just was trying to eat better and be more active. My current goal is to lose another 20lbs. I also want to tone my arms and strengthen my legs and core. I have some physical limitations due to a chronic illness. My calorie intake is 1200 a day. Over the past couple years I've slowly been eliminating processed foods, artificial sweeteners, etc. I try to do some activity daily....ie: 30 minute walk, 30 min bike ride, weight exercises. I want to get serious about exercising.
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I've lost 25 pounds (veeerrryy slowly over the last 2.5 years) and have been (unintentionally) maintaining for several months. I'm ready to finally kick it into gear and lose the last 8-10 vanity pounds. I shoot for about 1500 calories a day and workout 5-6 days a week (bootcamp x 3 with a couple runs mixed in and a long walk with the dog daily). I'd like to add a couple extra running days in addition to more closely watching my calorie intake.

Good luck to you all!!
  • nell911
    nell911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My name is Nellie, I would like to join the challenge I want to loose 3 stone, I was 85kg now 80kg would like to loose at least 10-15kg
  • llynny
    llynny Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love this challenge. TY!!

• llynny
    llynny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in. A new start today although have spent the last month successfully losing 9 pounds and I think I'm in a roll now..... I want to lose 18 more pounds by July. I'm trying to walk 10000 steps per day including about 1200 on my elliptical and I try to do some weight exercises with my arms and a little hula hooping. I'm thinking of starting the alternate day diet that seems to be gaining popularity, but right now I'm just trying very hard to stay around 1200 healthy calories each day and drinks 8 glasses of water. I do like my wine though....
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    - how much weight you have to lose
    I need to lost 14 pounds
    - how much weight you've already lost and how much
    I have lost 15 pounds since January 2016
    - Little bit about your diet and exercise plan
    Crossfit, Whole30 (slightly modified)
  • Mauranov71
    Mauranov71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I did really well from Jan 4th - March 12th and lost 14lbs but fell off in a big way and gained about half it back already! Want to be held accountable! My goal is a total of 20 lbs - I know how to do it I just don't have the support.
  • calendula5
    calendula5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello since I started my weight loss journey I have lost 79.
    I would lIke for now to lose 11lbs to reach my next goal
    I am on a LCHF woe as well as IF. I have faithfully been following the woe since Jan & have been IF for 9 mths.
    I work out 6 days a week. I alternate between biking power walking and Insanity.
    My calorie intake for a day is approximately 1300 not counting what I burn during a workout.
  • kniese17
    kniese17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i would like to join. I need to lose 17 pounds, and i haven't lost any yet. I am starting out on this lifestyle change from the beginning, after recently graduating college. Ideally, I would work out 4 days a week, two intense and two lighter days. i am eating 1250 calories a day
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too.
    I'd like to lose 40 pounds.
    I'm trying to avoid sugar & dairy. I eat a gluten free diet. Calorie intake around 1400.
    I exercise 5 days a week to Fitness Blender videos.