What Do You Think of the "Free to Be Hairy" Movement

Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Tuffaknee wrote: »
    Brace yourselves. The anti-social justice edgelord "master trolls" are coming.

there are quite a good number of edgelords on this site

can't wait
  • gruesomegreta
    gruesomegreta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I shave, sometimes I don't. Who cares?
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm completely fine with whatever anyone wants to do with their own hair. I do not like having body hair & I do everything I can to get rid of it. I am diligent with my epilator. My husband is about average in body hair for a man & does not shave anything but his face & that's fine--his body, his hair, his choice. That applies to everyone.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The main problem I see from this "hippy movement", are comments from people out in public in regards to odors.

Like I said, we all know some people don't bathe, or wear deodorant. And some people don't like to inhale dirty *kitten* smells from people, I, being one of them.

Rude or not, I always make comments so the culprit can hear. And like most, they get butthurt or offended for being a dirt bag.

Kind of like those emo kids who cut themselves. You stare at them, they get upset, and go home cry and cut some.

I think it's all about attention anyhow, but that is just ones mans opinion.
  • reddevil614
    reddevil614 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Rude or not, I always make comments so the culprit can hear. And like most, they get butthurt or offended for being a dirt bag.

Kind of like those emo kids who cut themselves. You stare at them, they get upset, and go home cry and cut some.

you seem nice
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    People are too sensitive these days.. This coming from a sensitive lady. So yah Im not emotionless but... Less worry people. Focus on loving yourself. The rest really doesnt matter much.
  • martyqueen52
    Options
    I used to cut myself when I was 13-14, but I hid the cuts. Mostly I did it because of rape trauma... But hopefully I didn't smell and offend the awesome people who might make comments somewhere within my hearing.

There's a difference between trauma, and emotional damage that requires help from a professional, and the emo kids who do it for attention.

Don't take something and twist it around. I understand this is text on a wall ... but not everything it meant to offend you.

• martyqueen52
    Options
    The main problem I see from this "hippy movement", are comments from people out in public in regards to odors.

Like I said, we all know some people don't bathe, or wear deodorant. And some people don't like to inhale dirty *kitten* smells from people, I, being one of them.

don't forget those people that commit suicide
    total attention *kitten* amirite

Whoa... what brought that up? Not even close to what was being talked about.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Sounds fun if you enjoy being ridiculed for being disgusting.

Why is it disgusting to leave body hair as your body naturally is? Why is it non disgusting to change your natural body?
    Why would you ridicule people who do things differently to you?

And does this apply equally to men? If not, why not?

I am with those who say Your body, your choice - and that applies equally to women and men.

I do shave my legs and underarms myself but that is only my personal preference for myself,not a statement on what others should do.
    I also recognise no choices are made in a vacuum - my choice is part of a wider cultural context, like all aspects of fashion and beauty are. We don't just come up either them ourselves individually in isolation.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options

No "rude or not" about it.

Outright rude.

And nasty.

• eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    if guys can have a neckbeard ladies can have leg or armpit beards.
  • robyngraeves
    robyngraeves Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We're meant to grow the hair there, so I am fine with it. I rarely shave anything, but sometimes hair will rub against my clothes and just be uncomfortable and then I have to to save myself from bumpy ingrown situations. If anyone wants hair I say go for it, and if you don't want hair (all genders) then that's great too.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I know guys who think it is disgusting for other guys not to shave their chest. How about you all stop worrying about what other people do with their body.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    not a fan of it.