What Do You Think of the "Free to Be Hairy" Movement

Options

Replies

• Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Excellent discussion, plus an impressive array of cool big words.

As I thought about the OP's question, I realized my personal choice is to follow pro hair shaving/waxing society norms for two reasons:

1) Fear of being outcast or unloved because of social norm violation -- I'm standing in line right now to get my "sheeple" tattoo.

2) Sliding my freshly waxed legs or other parts together or against other things feels really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, good.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    it's gross
    Are you going to add anything constructive or just repeat yourself?

I'm just posting my thoughts on the subject. It may not be constructive to you, but that's probably because you're of the opposite opinion. It's okay.

And since it's a debatable subject, I don't think it's justified to flag the post for posting my opinion.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    it's gross

I'm just posting my thoughts on the subject. It may not be constructive to you, but that's probably because you're of the opposite opinion. It's okay.

And since it's a debatable subject, I don't think it's justified to flag the post for posting my opinion.

First off, I didn't flag your post, maybe someone else is tired of you. So far your thoughts have been "gross" and "it's gross". You said it once, no need to repeat yourself. Maybe you forgot you already responded. If that's the case, I apologize. Did I say anything the first time you said gross? Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's constructive.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've lived in Europe for so long, here pretty much everyone is just ok with body hair.

When I see shaved people like in the US, its too plastic looking to me, unatural and obsessively clean look.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    it's gross

First off, I didn't flag your post, maybe someone else is tired of you. So far your thoughts have been "gross" and "it's gross". You said it once, no need to repeat yourself. Maybe you forgot you already responded. If that's the case, I apologize. Did I say anything the first time you said gross? Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's constructive.

I didn't say you flagged it. That's why I dropped down a line. If I was accusing you, I would have directed it right at you. You COULD stop taking it so personal though. To be one of the posters that doesn't care what others think, you sure are defensive.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    it's gross

I didn't say you flagged it. That's why I dropped down a line. If I was accusing you, I would have directed it right at you. You COULD stop taking it so personal though. To be one of the posters that doesn't care what others think, you sure are defensive.

It was in a post directed at me, that's why I took it as an accusation. I'm not taking it personally, I just felt the thread could use less trolling.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    I've lived in Europe for so long, here pretty much everyone is just ok with body hair.

When I see shaved people like in the US, its too plastic looking to me, unnatural and obsessively clean look.

Yay! I was going for the plastic, unnatural, obsessively clean look! On fleek.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    @Jonesingmucho No need to feel like a sheep. You made your own choice to follow the norm. I'm happy about that. You recognize that there is pressure to shave and choose to have silky smooth legs :-) What bothers me is when people insist that it's just how they are, as if they were born with the innate urge to remove the body hair they were born with, rather than see the pressure.

peer pressure ain't all bad though. if not for peer pressure we all still be out dropping a duke on the grass in the front yard. like cavemen.

least i would.

Totally agree. It's not all bad. The key is to make an informed decision rather than blindly follow.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    it's gross

It was in a post directed at me, that's why I took it as an accusation. I'm not taking it personally, I just felt the thread could use less trolling.

I'm a troll because I posted my displeasure in women taking a natural approach to hair growth (twice)?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's not my thing...my wife also appreciates that I keep things trimmed and tidy as well (though not fully shaved). Really, who the F cares? I personally don't find anything attractive about arm pit hair or leg hair on a woman...I'm sure some people do. Some women don't like my goatee...big whup.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    it's gross

I'm a troll because I posted my displeasure in women taking a natural approach to hair growth (twice)?

Nope, you're a troll because I've seen you be one. I find it telling that you choose not to respond to what I've said.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's not my thing...my wife also appreciates that I keep things trimmed and tidy as well (though not fully shaved). Really, who the F cares? I personally don't find anything attractive about arm pit hair or leg hair on a woman...I'm sure some people do. Some women don't like my goatee...big whup.

Many people in this thread seem to care.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    it's gross

Nope, you're a troll because I've seen you be one. I find it telling that you choose not to respond to what I've said.

Respond to what you said about what? I will gladly respond to whatever you need me to address.

OR, you can try accepting that not everybody feels the same way as you do regarding hair on women or hair in general. I have enough hair on my back to weave an Indian blanket, but I don't find it very liberating at all. It's gross to me, but I don't have arms long enough to shave it. Sometimes I can talk my wife into doing it.

What else should I respond to?
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    it's gross

Respond to what you said about what? I will gladly respond to whatever you need me to address.

OR, you can try accepting that not everybody feels the same way as you do regarding hair on women or hair in general. I have enough hair on my back to weave an Indian blanket, but I don't find it very liberating at all. It's gross to me, but I don't have arms long enough to shave it. Sometimes I can talk my wife into doing it.

What else should I respond to?

on3todtha3yv.png

Tried one: worthless. It gets it, but not close enough. Then I just look like that guy who tried to shave his back but didn't get it close enough.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Shaved but not fully shaved? I'd ask for more details to fill in my imaginary visual but I get in enough trouble around here.

OK.... now I'm thinking shaved into the shape of a heart or triangle and then that big "whup"....
    See what you started?!

@cwolfman13 The way I am picturing you right now is 100% NewMeadow's fault. I don't have to accept blame. Sheeple are led. You look goooood btw
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Shaved but not fully shaved? I'd ask for more details to fill in my imaginary visual but I get in enough trouble around here.

OK.... now I'm thinking shaved into the shape of a heart or triangle and then that big "whup"....
    See what you started?!

@cwolfman13 The way I am picturing you right now is 100% NewMeadow's fault. I don't have to accept blame. Sheeple are led. You look goooood btw

LOL...my life likes me to just be nicely trimmed down stairs...she likes me to keep my chin goatee tight and short and no other facial hair. I grew a full beard once and I thought I was never going to get any nookie ever again.

Many people in this thread seem to care.

Yeah, I don't get it...