What Do You Think of the "Free to Be Hairy" Movement

Options

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the "Free to Be Hairy" police state.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Ha! I got flagged for saying someone got flagged...weird board, someone's mad...I'm guessing this one will be shut down any minute :/
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Shave, don't shave. Whatever. People are judgy buttholes. I shave my pits cause i smell if i don't, no amount of deodorant can fix that for me. I don't like my own brand. I shave my legs in warm weather cause that's just what i'm used to. Shaved my head in 6th grade and got called G.I. Jane til 8th grade. I've decide it wasn't a bad thing, and I may just do it again.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Shave, don't shave, as long as you don't smell I don't care. I refuse to hug people with exposed armpits anyway.

Armpits are gross.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't care what you do with any of your hair, armpits included. Sometimes I shave my underarms, sometimes I don't. I've usually got a bit of peach fuzz going on.

I think double standards suck. I think having to use man boobs to send out a video to WOMEN about how to properly do a breast exam, or otherwise face censorship, is ridiculous. The same applies here.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    I used to cut myself when I was 13-14, but I hid the cuts. Mostly I did it because of rape trauma... But hopefully I didn't smell and offend the awesome people who might make comments somewhere within my hearing.

There's a difference between trauma, and emotional damage that requires help from a professional, and the emo kids who do it for attention.

Don't take something and twist it around. I understand this is text on a wall ... but not everything it meant to offend you.

Your initial post was about how you deliberately make a point of offending strangers in public. You are, in fact, an offensive person and I don't understand how you're shocked to learn that people are offended by how utterly out-of-touch and ridiculous your commentary is.

My initial post was never of the sort. I suggest you go back and find my initial post and read. And yes, I do make it a point to say something if someone is walking around smelling like trash. There's a difference if you're in a gym... sweating and your deodorant isn't strong enough.... and when you're in a movie or eating and having to smell someone who smells like they bathed in cat pee. I offend a lot of people.... just how I am, and I won't apologize for that. It just shows how sensitive some people are on certain subjects, and how people like to take words and manipulate them to what they see fit as interpretation. :smiley:

Doesn't show to me how sensitive some people are - shows to me how rude and offensive you are.

If you offend a lot of people the problem isn't with all of them.

• Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you're close enough for me to notice either way the real issue will be you invading my personal Bubble not where your hair is. I shave armpits so I don't feel sweat linger in my pits, and legs so I can rub them together all smooth like. If you're making a huge effort to catch my attention with your body hair you're a whack job but that's a matter of misguided priorities vs me having a hair phobia.

[edited by MFP Moderator]
  • Theresa_1973
    Theresa_1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tend to not always bother in the winter, because who is going to see my armpits or legs anyway? but in the summer I tend to shave once a week, because I like to wear sleeveless tops and short trousers... I don't have an issue with it, but I accept that some people do and so I feel more socially acceptable when I shave my armpits and legs in the summer, but couldn't give a rat's hairy *kitten* in the winter lol
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Could do it. Have done it, and my man doesn't care, either way. I still prefer to remove said hair, just feels better to me.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    How stupid.

One could just change 'didn't take the time to shave her legs to anything( including ' did shave her legs' )

Meaningless statement.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I personally feel uncomfortable not shaving. I have thick, curly hair and it always rubbed on long sleeves and pants. So I shave legs AND arms (and underarms) simply for personal comfort. every single day or i feel prickly. A close friend of mine never shaves anything and it doesn't bother me in the least. If a man wanted to wax his whole body - go for it. Do whatever makes you comfortable.
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ugggh, make it stop!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ugggh, make it stop!

^^
    Wow!. now those are some nice smooth legs right there!. No hairy legs are gonna look THAT good.
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    How stupid.

One could just change 'didn't take the time to shave her legs to anything( including ' did shave her legs' )

Meaningless statement.

YEAH! STUPID STATEMENT! THEY COULD TOTALLY CHANGE THAT! WHAT A WASTE OF CYBERSPACE. UGH. I HATE SENSES OF HUMOR TOO! THEY ARE STUPID.
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ugggh, make it stop!

^^
    Wow!. now those are some nice smooth legs right there!. No hairy legs are gonna look THAT good.

Thanks!