Replies

• Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    brewingPHX wrote: »
    Tuffaknee wrote: »
    brewingPHX wrote: »
    If only women had back hair <3<3<3

I'm so pale and my body hair is so dark that I have pretty visible back hair. Boyfriends have pointed it out. Lmao :D

Would you shave my name in it? <3

I would, if I had a longer arm.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I, personally, have a standing appointment bi-weekly for my eyebrows, every 6 weeks for my nether region and my under arms and legs are done every other day. It's all driven because it's MY choice. Sometimes I take a week off and don't wash my hair, don't shave my legs or under arms, it doesn't end my world. I'm 38 yrs old and I just do what I do. My mom was not openly "You need to shave".

I have a good friend who is a model and I worked a photo shoot with her, in the light she had the faintest fuzz on her legs. At one point I ran my hand down her lower leg and asked her how she managed to keep her growth short and so light and soft. SHE NEVER EVER SHAVED. Never started, so her naturally blonde body hair never learned to grow in thick.

It's all a choice. Ladies, gents...your body, your choice.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    The main problem I see from this "hippy movement", are comments from people out in public in regards to odors.

Like I said, we all know some people don't bathe, or wear deodorant. And some people don't like to inhale dirty *kitten* smells from people, I, being one of them.

Rude or not, I always make comments so the culprit can hear. And like most, they get butthurt or offended for being a dirt bag.

Kind of like those emo kids who cut themselves. You stare at them, they get upset, and go home cry and cut some.

I think it's all about attention anyhow, but that is just ones mans opinion.
    I'm going to assume you are being funny, but I'm also going to assume you don't realize how serious the act of cutting can be, to the cutter, and to his/her family. Not all cutters are emo, and not all cutters really want attention, and if they do, they probably NEED that attention. It's not as funny as one would think, when you see the marks on your childs' arm.

Well said. Cutting is nothing to joke about.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    How stupid.

One could just change 'didn't take the time to shave her legs to anything( including ' did shave her legs' )

Meaningless statement.

giphy.gif

Glad to see it was a joke.

Hard to tell with some of the statements made in this thread.

• paperpudding
    Options
    I'm pro- doing what ever the fark you want with your own body.

See, this kind of statement (repeated ad-infinitum in this thread) misses the whole point. . I don't think the thread is titled: "Would you advocate making it a federal crime for women to have hairy pits".

Not liking the way a hairy pit looks is not the same as demanding someone else shave. I don't find hairy pits and hairy legs attractive on a woman, but that doesn't mean I think she shouldn't do whatever she wants with her body.

The title was actually What do you think of the movement.

I agree many have said your body, your choice - but many have also made statements about how gross female hair is, which I think is different to just stating personal preference.

Just like I prefer a clean shaven man - but that doesn't mean I think men with beards are gross.

I like the movement - not because I want to stop shaving my own legs but because it offers an alternative perception to the deeply ingrained notion in our western cultures that good womanhood = hairless ness.
  • gio0323
    gio0323 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    lets go tribal lol
  • paperpudding
    Options
    See, that confirms my point gio - the connotations like tribal, gross etc that are culturally ingrained to female body hair in our countries.
    I notice you have facial hair though - so this 'go tribal' connnotation only applies to women?

And yes, before people jump in with gifs, I did see the LOL on his post.
    But it still reflects these connotations our culture has ingrained.
  • gio0323
    gio0323 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    See, that confirms my point gio - the connotations like tribal, gross etc that are culturally ingrained to female body hair in our countries.
    I notice you have facial hair though - so this 'go tribal' connnotation only applies to women?

no issue with hair at all
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

i agree , its only a wild, tribal, weird, gross thing when women do it but men? they can be as ugly , beastly even old looking as they want wear no shirt and *kitten* themselves and its cool cause "he a man" a gross man but a man
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Hairy, hairy pits!
    Your power is infinite!
    Awe and inspire us.

Haha! You got flagged!! You just know I'm not offended at all by your post, but I wanted to say you should post more often on the Haiku thread, you're good at it!! xo
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Picture and some of the message board posts regarding a woman on Survivor in 2010.

cf3369bc5e2c4fa83a57e46cba95d05218223668.pjpg

"Couldnt she have lasered it off or something? I thought I remember one of the ladies talking about it pre-show about how they had everything lasered off so it wouldnt grow back as fast?"

" None of the other girls had that *kitten*. She is just nasty in every way. I bet she has rank B.O. as well."

"*barfs*"

Yep. It is a NON Issue that NO ONE cares about

rollingeyesanim_large.gif

did you really go out looking for some conversation that talked about people caring about pit hair and then found some thread on a 6 year old forum and then reposted it here?

i guess you did
    I doubt he went out looking for this conversation, must've caught his attention as he was one of the first to post a response. You're missing the point he is trying to make with what he found online.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just no. I mean yah I get the fact that its your body. Your choice.. But what wrong with a type of slight expectation? Like showering and deodorant.. Things like that shouldnt be a form of expression or rebellion. Use your brain and thoughts to free yourself but please take care of yourself. I may get hate for my opinion.. I truly dont mean harm and at the end of the day I wouldnt treat anyone bad for it but its just my 2 cents.

So you believe shaving is part of "taking care of yourself", like showering or wearing deodorant... Then why don't (most) men shave their pits/body hair?

I think you are missing the point, sweetheart.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Picture and some of the message board posts regarding a woman on Survivor in 2010.

cf3369bc5e2c4fa83a57e46cba95d05218223668.pjpg

"Couldnt she have lasered it off or something? I thought I remember one of the ladies talking about it pre-show about how they had everything lasered off so it wouldnt grow back as fast?"

" None of the other girls had that *kitten*. She is just nasty in every way. I bet she has rank B.O. as well."

"*barfs*"

Yep. It is a NON Issue that NO ONE cares about

rollingeyesanim_large.gif

did you really go out looking for some conversation that talked about people caring about pit hair and then found some thread on a 6 year old forum and then reposted it here?

i guess you did

Actually, I have followed several Survivor message boards since the show originated and remembered there was a thread ridiculing the contestants armpit hair. The ridiculous posts in this thread reminded me of the ridiculous posts I recalled reading there. Considering the same type of comments are being made here, apparently not much has changed since that ANCIENT thread on the Survivor message board.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Yes exactly.

If no one cares about it and everyone truly thinks 'your body, your choice' why all these comments when somebody doesn't remove their hair?
    There are no comments if we see a woman with hair less underarms.
    If it is a non issue to everyone there would be no such comments about it when she has hair either.

yup, people act all "ohhh its no big deal who cares blah blah blah" but i bet you a good number of the people who said that in this thread would laugh and snark with their friends if they saw a women with body hair in public

What I wonder is, why would y'all care what others thought about women having body hair? I mean, I'd care about my wife's opinion in regards to matters such as this, but random Internet people? The guy who sells carpet for a living over on Main Street? The professor at the local college? Yeah, I don't give a flying *kitten* what they think.