Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Detoxing

Options
hdatres
hdatres Posts: 635 Member
What kind of detox do you do and how often?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Not necessary, it's made up bs to sell products. Calorie deficit is all you need!

This^

Detoxes are just the latest diet fad.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/detox-diets/faq-20058040
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Tried it once, lost a lot of weight and then gained it all back and then some. Eating a balance mix of foods in healthy portions, consuming fewer calories than you burn, is the best way to get started, add exercise if and when you're ready. Our bodies are amazing in their ability to 'cleanse' themselves every day.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yes to everything above posts^^^^
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    What kind of detox do you do and how often?

This is the debate section. I don't believe this is a debate topic (although it easily could become one).

My answer: none. Detoxing (other than from drugs) isn't really a thing, and therefore I do not see the point. Most "detoxes" are simply starvation diets, laxatives, or some super restrictive way of eating that pretends that normal foods must be "detoxed" from, basically all scams.
  • mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    My liver and kidneys and I are not on speaking terms.

My liver is still a bit salty with me from my roaring 20s, but we've made great strides in recent years.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Lol im detoxing at the moment had a very unhealthy life style for like ever and started eating healthy so im detoxing because i feel like everything from the past is still in me

Thers some safe healthy detox foods out ther
    http://www.eatthis.com/best-foods-instant-detox
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well im not going to recomend her doing the master cleanse like im doing thats against mfp guide lines but those foods are sure a good way to start detoxing very very slowly but surely

Thers more diets you can llok up for detoxing and not all are hard
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mike on Veep announced he was doing the master cleanse. Haven't watched the episode yet, but another character had a funny response.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    fluffygio wrote: »
    Well im not going to recomend her doing the master cleanse like im doing thats against mfp guide lines but those foods are sure a good way to start detoxing very very slowly but surely

Thers more diets you can llok up for detoxing and not all are hard

No, they aren't. I'm not saying don't eat those foods (they're tasty and provide nutrients), but they aren't a way to detox.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Water, sometimes with lemon or lime for flavor.
  • esimonton1109
    esimonton1109 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink detox water. It is water with lemon, grapefruit, and strawberries. It helps me get more water in because I am not drinking plain water all day. That is my extent of detoxing.