WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I'm back to reading posts after a busy tax season. Ive missed staying current and sorry that i had to skip most of Aprils posts to catch up. Good news, I didn't miss any days logging my food. Bad news, I have barely worked out and put a few pounds back on.kust enough to make everything a little too snug. 2Yr old grandson is asleep on my shoulder, but im wearing my work out clothes. Does that count for exercise? :-D
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn ~ Good for you resisting the brownies. I am sorry to say that I ate 3 large pieces of pizza last night. But, I did put the left overs int he freezer and did not have pizza for breakfast (love it that way).

Lisa ~ Congrats on the new additional job. You are the busiest lady I know.

Janet ~ I understand what you meant when you said meeting folks in the gym gave you social time with others. I am the same way.

I do not sew at all anymore mainly because I can't see to thread the needle. LOL :(
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Larisa - Hear, Hear!!!!

Marcelyn - You go girl! Great determination! :flowerforyou:

Love Heather UK
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Donating blood today at the Elks' Lodge in Seaside (next coastal city south). I even went to the Red Cross online site and pre-answered the questions so I wouldn't have to there.

Husband fell, not measuring his steps from a curb at the Post Office. He went to the pool and just sat in the hot tub instead of weightlifting and walking. Poor guy! Looks like his right leg has some swelling in the knee, but no bruising, or swelling anywhere else on the leg. Gave him some Bayer Back and Body pain medicine and he has a bag of frozen beans on his kneecap.

So I get to drive by myself to my blood donation today. I am still not comfortable driving, nor will I ever be. But I do what I have to do. Thank goodness I live in a small coastal community, and not the big cities! I would be so stressed out!

Wise words Larisa in Seattle!

Ok I finally broke down and shaved these legs of mine. I was HOPING to just have lighter hair from the sun, but nope its still dark hair... I feel 5 lbs lighter....and my legs actually slurped up the coconut oil I put on them. Ok that sounded gross...

Have a nice day ya'll! I shall eat pretty substantially today, because I shall be donating. All good stuff though.

Becca
    Oregon

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

New to the post . NY niki where in by are you, I am in my 8 months of year!

Home for me is Western New York ... 12 months a year. And you?
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I just finished very painfully eating a banana. Bought more yogurt and fruit, will see what I can make. Everything I picked up Charlie looked at the cost until I reminded that this is all I am eating. Allie, I didn't think about scrambled eggs. I do love those and I also love a piece of cheese in it which will add some more protein. Am looking forward to my appointment again tomorrow. Michelle texted me and said she cracked a tooth last night so we are quite a family.

Jamie, yes, I am pleased that INdiana finally has some say in the election in more than just the local elections. I was surprised, I looked at the polling places and there were only 3 places that were not churches. My church is one of them. We drove by the one that is close to our house, a church, and the parking lot was really packed so we went on to my church. The parking lot there was also crowded but it's a small church so we only waited less than 5 minutes for our spot. I will be glad when 6 PM rolls around and the phone calls stop.

Love the quilts and afghans. I sometimes wonder if I could do cross stitch again but I'm not sure my glasses will work.

Charlie was able to go vote, pick meds up at Sam's and then Walmart where the lines were not short and not have to go to the bathroom at all! I don't know why only about 6 lines are open. A big pet peeve of mine.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I had a lovely light lunch with my yoga teacher, picked out a couple of dresses for the cruise from the ones she brought round and we had a great, long chat. We talked about stuff I have rarely talked about to anyone and not for a long time and it all seemed fine at the time as she was also sharing confidences. Then this evening I think "shame" came over me and I went in for a binge. :embarassed: Oh well, at least I know where it came from, but it hit me like a ton of bricks.
    Done now. Part of me wishes I hadn't told her stuff as I rarely discuss it, but I'm sure we can both deal with it. Tomorrow is another day. :)

Love to all, from feeling bloated Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Lisa – organization is so KEY! Love the “new” word whelmed!!!! I might have to steal that to use!

Sylvia – where are you?

Penny – so is there different denominations of churches in your little town? Or maybe Norway has a state church (I should google that)

Chris – isn’t interesting that certain things are not as good as our memory of them.

Larissa - Part of this journey is learning more about ourselves, good job!

Marcelyn – good job resisting brownies is a NSV!!!

Becca – good job donating!

Heather - sometimes sharing gives some weird after feelings, but she will not treat you differently later, and your friendship will be deeper because of the shared sharing.

So have almost whipped the cold into submission, coughing a bit if I am talking too much and I do talk too much! Sleep, liquids, sleep, liquids, repeat! I gardened at a client’s for 3 hours today, and she decided that she no longer wanted her kumquat tree, so it is in my car and I’ll be planting it today. It has lived in a pot, so it just about 3 feet tall and has a small root ball. I’ll be planting it in the ground but keeping it trimmed to no more than 5 feet as I don’t need that many kumquats or the additional shade of a bigger tree.

I did get on the scale this am and it was very nice, but that is probably not real, as 4 days of liquids/sleep is not my real world.

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Joyce, so sorry, sweetie, that you mouth is so sore. Hopefully i a couple of days now it will feel lots better. (((hugs))).

Heather, sharing ourselves is most definitely an emotionally vulnerable experience. You felt comfortable while sharing, so go with your first gut feeling and let it go. I'm proud of you. (((Hugs) sweet, lady.

I too am beginning to become worried about Sylvia. Praying all is ok with her.

We went shopping today at Lowe's to buy new ceiling fans/lights for the dining room and living room. I think they will make the rooms look much more open and lighter. Now I just have to ensure Jack that they will look much better on the ceilings than sitting there in the boxes. :)

Janetr OKC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    a quick hello, and off to bed, it has been a long day...
    anyone heard from sylvia? I am worried,,,
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Cheri, thanks for the info on the afghan.

Did circuits in exercise class today. I am getting good with the hula hoop. I got bored with it and stopped it on my own since it didn't seem like I was ever going to just drop it. I'm also getting a little braver with the ab bench, but it's still pretty scary. I walked at the duck pond at the gym then came home to find that DH decided it was time to cut our grass. So I got plenty out "my" lawn mower and cut the road side. That was another hour of exercise.

Spent all afternoon planning a mission study with another woman. I'm ready for a little down time!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    13,000 steps
    165 minutes of dog walking
    85 minutes riding the exercise bike

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 3 X 10 @ 30 lbs
    bench press 3 X 10 @ 40 lbs
    dumbbell row 5X5 @ 60 lbs
    kettle bell swing 3 X 10 @ 20 lbs

I have been slacking off weight training for a week and today I scheduled it as my main activity while Jake was out having lunch with a friend.

smiley-sleep012.gif I didn't sleep well last night so I'm headed for bed extra early tonight.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hit the treadmill today. NSV for me
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.15min, 17.3amph, 155mhr, 2.9mi = 122c
    JOG- 9.11min, 9.11ap/min mi, 6.5-7.1sp, 130ahr, 149mhr, 1mi = 105c
    ROWING MACHINE- 25min, 49aw, 3894meters/2.42mi, 133mhr = 161c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.26min, 16amph, 138mhr 1.4mi = 67c
    ride wk 2 hm- 53.32min, 11.5amph, 151mhr, 10.2mi = 469c, lil windy
    total cal 924
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say hello. I'm doing pretty well on food intake. I haven't begun walking regularly like I want but we're having storms here every evening which makes it hard. I am trying to fulfill the desires of my Fitbit that I walk at least 250 steps every hour. I missed it today but I think my hours overlapped once. This afternoon, I simply didn't have time to move--nearly had an accident because I put off going to the restroom for so long. Really glad I was wearing black polyester dress pants. :disappointed: I put in an extra hour.

I'm tired and plan to have an early night.

Sylvia - I hope you're okay!!

Carol in NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Nice day today, I got weed and feed on part of the front lawn that was covered with dandelions. Now I just need to get the area in front of the gazebo cleared out and get weed and feed on that. DD mowed just before she left for Wales and it already needs to be done again. DH will be gone tonight to Masonic meeting and I will have the place to myself. I am looking forward to a nice quiet time.

OK, Kim why is the grass outside my pasture nearly as high as the 50" fence but the grass on the inside that I overseeded and have been trying to get to grow is only about 12" high? Just Murphy's law? We want to turn horses out in that pasture when my DD gets back but I would like for the grass to be taller and thicker or it won't last long.

Cheri - Love the Under-the Sea afghan. My DGD's new room at her dad's is decorated with that theme. I was able to find her some mermaid bookends but an afghan like that would be fun. Thanks for the info.

Joyce - Hope your mouth gets to feeling better soon. That has to be miserable.

Hope Sylvia is doing okay and is just busy.

Meg - Good to see you on here again.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are currently travelling. We're staying the night in Bend, OR. There is a lovely stream just beind our hotel room with two bird families, mom & dad Mallard Duck & ducklings plus mom & dad Canadian Goose & goslings. <3