May 10,000 steps a day challenge

Options

Replies

• Kimmertmsn
    Kimmertmsn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. I spent most of my day at my desk, ugh :s I'm posting now because I probably won't be in later. I managed to get 10612 steps in today. Not sure how I did it, but I did. Tomorrow I will be in the road for 4 hrs and in a meeting for 3 hrs, so it will definitely be a challenge.
  • conniehealthygirl
    conniehealthygirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hit 18,004 steps today. Had fitness class had to run 15 minutes as fast as we could go
  • mariacarole
    mariacarole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to join!
  • rkmagowanz71
    rkmagowanz71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    10,823 steps today. What's your trick to get your steps in? I walk past the rest room and to the end of the hall up/down 3 flights of stairs. At lunch one of my coworkers and I try to get out for a mile plus if it's no too warm/cold/wet. My husband has been a life saver. He's a runner so can easily keep up when I'm ready for a longer evening stroll.
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options
    10,823 steps today. What's your trick to get your steps in? I walk past the rest room and to the end of the hall up/down 3 flights of stairs. At lunch one of my coworkers and I try to get out for a mile plus if it's no too warm/cold/wet. My husband has been a life saver. He's a runner so can easily keep up when I'm ready for a longer evening stroll.

Thanks for sharing some ideas to get the steps in. Your day sounds a lot like mine :) I also like to stand at my desk, use a pedaler when I have to sit, and walk every evening.
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    May 2nd
    17,302 steps

My 'secret' for getting steps in everyday is to walk 'laps' in my house. I have a very tiny house so each full lap consists of 14 steps and I walk back and forth for 75 to 100 minutes everyday before I start my day outside of the house. I get my 10,000 steps in before I go to work and then try to to stay as active as possible during the day at work. When I come home, if the day has been 'slow', I will walk back and forth for another 60 minutes or so. I actually set a timer and do my steps in 15-20 minute increments with a 5 minutes 'rest' in between each completed time limit. I also park farther away from the entrances of stores or work to get in some extra steps. When the weather is nice, I walk outside, of course, but always start my day in the house with my 'laps' as I don't have a treadmill. I know it sounds a little silly but it works for me. I have lost almost 52lbs since Nov 2015 (started MFP in late Dec 2015 when I got a Garmin Vivofit for Christmas) doing this and counting calories. Since receiving my tracker, I have logged in 2,000,000 steps as of April 29th, 2016. It should be noted that my husband is retired (I am 62), we have no children in the house anymore and my time is pretty much my own other than the time I spend at work (part time) as an Educational Assistant for the local school district so I don't have the obligations others with families still at home do of keeping schedules that are involved with raising children (and a husband...lol!).

• Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @Wyeswoman53 2 Million steps, that's so awesome. I've had my vivosmart a couple of weeks and love seeing the numbers going up, it definately encourages me to do more.
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options
    Ugh, just got home from work and only half way there. Has anyone ever noticed how tired out you get from sitting in a car and/or sitting in meetings all day? going for a walk in a little bit, hopefully it will wake me up!!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @Kimmertmsn I work part time doing 5.5 hr days sat at a desk with no break. It's way more tiring than my days off when I'm active.
  • tammiewelsh1
    tammiewelsh1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kimmertmsn wrote: »
    Anyone up for a 10,000 steps a day challenge? I work in an office and sit at a desk most of the day, so this would be a great challenge for me. So for the entire month of May I am going to attempt to get in at least 10,000'steps per day every day. Anyone that would like to join is more than welcome.

I'd love to join you. How do challenges on here work?
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options
    @Kimmertmsn I work part time doing 5.5 hr days sat at a desk with no break. It's way more tiring than my days off when I'm active.

It's horrible. I went for a walk tonight, which gave me some energy, ate a salad for dinner, now I'm a zombie again :(

• Kimmertmsn
    Options

Hey Tammie we are just posting daily or weekly (whichever you prefer), if we reached 10,000 steps per day. Sharing ideas how we are doing this, especially for those of us that are stuck at desks all day. You are more than welcome to join.
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options
    12034 Steps today!! I was so worried today would be my worst day and so far it's been pretty good. I think sitting all day made me more determined to walk even farther on my walk this evening. I am using a garmin vivoactive and I love it. It kept vibrating and telling me to move today while I was sitting in my meetings. My boss got a kick out of it ;)
  • conniehealthygirl
    Options
    Kimmertmsn wrote: »

Hey Tammie we are just posting daily or weekly (whichever you prefer), if we reached 10,000 steps per day. Sharing ideas how we are doing this, especially for those of us that are stuck at desks all day. You are more than welcome to join.

I work in office have meetings etc. I step in place at copier. I will step in place in my office I walk the farthest route to conference room. I use the stairs At store I park in back. All this increases my steps for day
  • conniehealthygirl
    Options
    12518 steps
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    May 3rd

19,044 steps
  • Kimmertmsn
    Options
    Started out Sunday all gung ho to get these steps in daily. Finding out today, old habits die hard. I keep finding myself sitting more today. Trying to keep motivated.
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm in! I work a desk job too. Feel free to add me //www.fitbit.com/user/4J7MZS