Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Can one live on only meat?

191011121315»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »

Because they are eating this way, they are in a permanent state of ketosis. Can you imagine what their breath must smell like? YUCK!

Not everyone gets keto breath.

My pee smells like bacon and I like it.

You like bacon?

Or you like pee that smells like bacon?

My pee smells like bacon due to being in ketosis. Or slightly cupcakey. I do not eat bacon very often.

Keto without bacon is pointless.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    A question asked to famous broadcaster Al Michaels and his response:

Question:You are not a fan of vegetables. But if you must have two on your plate, they are?

Answer:I have never eaten a vegetable in my life and you can put that on my tombstone. Ask John Madden about the night I ordered French Onion soup in Green Bay and asked them to hold the onions. They got it right – just the broth, cheese and crouton. Delicious. If you threatened me at gunpoint and insisted I have two on my plate, one would look like a big, juicy Porterhouse and the other would look eerily similar to lemon meringue pie.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    I am not much of a meat eater...my diet is mostly pescatarian, although I will eat a little poultry now and then. But I can't imagine a diet of only meat. Even if I enjoyed the taste of meat, I would miss the texture of other foods. I can't imagine never again experiencing the satisfying crunch of a raw veggie, or the way a simple cracker just melts in your mouth. I would miss the sensation of sweet sticky juice dribbling down my chin as I bit into a piece of fruit. Sweet, salty, sour...you just don't get all those flavors from meat alone. It would take all the joy out of eating.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    edited May 2016
    Wonder if that family of 4 eats grass fed, grazed, orgainc beef? If not, than that's a heck of a lot of hormones each day.