Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• krzykatmomma60610
    krzykatmomma60610 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am at 49 and staring into the eyes of 50 - having accountability would be fantastic with losing weight.
  • MrsSmiley103
    MrsSmiley103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..........I gonna invent calorie free fun food and get rich. Gotta dream
  • ntay08
    ntay08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 42 and am trying to lose 43 lbs. I'm also looking for accountability buddies.
  • TrishB1470
    TrishB1470 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and would love to add more friends that will offer encouragement and support-I will do my best to return the favor! :) I've lost 46 pounds since October and would like to lose another 26. Right now I'm on a new medication and I have had a tough month. Because it is hormone based, it is affecting my body like every week is a PMS week. I've lost over 10 pounds this month but I keep gaining it back, which is so frustrating, because I had been losing 1-2 pounds a week pretty consistently and nothing has changed except the medication. I can definitely use some positive friends!
  • MrsSmiley103
    MrsSmiley103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SLLadyVA wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose 30. First 5 are up and down all the time. Next 10 come and go depending on the season and how much stress I am under. But that final 15 has been here for 15 years! I'm ready to get back to great habits and am eager to motivate others. I'm much better with a group! Please friend me.

You have described my situation almost exactly. I want all 30 gone!! We can do this!

Yes that last 15 to 20 will not leave, I go up, get back down, but can't seem to kick those pounds, they have went though high school with my children.....smh We can do those though as a group!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    TrishB1470 wrote: »
    I'm 46 and would love to add more friends that will offer encouragement and support-I will do my best to return the favor! :) I've lost 46 pounds since October and would like to lose another 26. Right now I'm on a new medication and I have had a tough month. Because it is hormone based, it is affecting my body like every week is a PMS week. I've lost over 10 pounds this month but I keep gaining it back, which is so frustrating, because I had been losing 1-2 pounds a week pretty consistently and nothing has changed except the medication. I can definitely use some positive friends!

Wow. So sad that as women we go through so much. Our bodies sabotage us. Lets not get discouraged ok!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    SLLadyVA wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose 30. First 5 are up and down all the time. Next 10 come and go depending on the season and how much stress I am under. But that final 15 has been here for 15 years! I'm ready to get back to great habits and am eager to motivate others. I'm much better with a group! Please friend me.

You have described my situation almost exactly. I want all 30 gone!! We can do this!

Yes that last 15 to 20 will not leave, I go up, get back down, but can't seem to kick those pounds, they have went though high school with my children.....smh We can do those though as a group!

We can do this!!
  • CatMarlett
    CatMarlett Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will be 45 in August so I am right there with you. Please feel free to add me as a friend on this journey. Caution: I leave snarky remarks.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    CatMarlett wrote: »
    I will be 45 in August so I am right there with you. Please feel free to add me as a friend on this journey. Caution: I leave snarky remarks.

Uh oh!! I've been warned!!! hahahahaha
  • wyo_mom
    wyo_mom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am here with you 46 and on mission
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Birthday is tomorrow.... 46... can it really be true?!? YIKES! I'm always up for more motivating friends who are real people.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    jlemoore wrote: »
    Birthday is tomorrow.... 46... can it really be true?!? YIKES! I'm always up for more motivating friends who are real people.

Happy Birthday!!!
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    In the same boat Ladies, please add me need some virtual kick-assers to spur me along lol
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thanks everyone who took the time to reply. I am overwhelmed with the stories amd proud of all of you for being honest and here. I have added most of you to my friend's list. I want to be able to help and encourage as much as I can. I will like the same in return. Thanks again.

• goingforgoal
    goingforgoal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same "46" boat! Geez...how'd that happen. And I need to lose "46"!! Trying to stay at my 1200 cal goal and it's a busy stressful season! Daughter graduates college next week!!
  • sammie7474
    sammie7474 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I need the support.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I'm in the same "46" boat! Geez...how'd that happen. And I need to lose "46"!! Trying to stay at my 1200 cal goal and it's a busy stressful season! Daughter graduates college next week!!

Congrats on your daughter's graduation. Remember to enjoy yourself.
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok everybody weekend is coming, Mother's Day meals are planned, hoping I can keep it under control all weekend. Scale is dropping slowly, but every little bit is motivation. Even though I know I shouldn't weigh every day...I do but I'm willing to deal with a 1+ pound and not get discouraged....just motivates me to try harder that day.

It has rained pretty much all week here so not many chances to get outside and exercise. I've got a tennis match tomorrow and we might hit an amusement park on Sunday so I should be able to stay active this weekend and hopefully remain in control of my eating as well.

Have a great weekend and Mother's Day everybody!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    dmcatlady wrote: »
    Ok everybody weekend is coming, Mother's Day meals are planned, hoping I can keep it under control all weekend. Scale is dropping slowly, but every little bit is motivation. Even though I know I shouldn't weigh every day...I do but I'm willing to deal with a 1+ pound and not get discouraged....just motivates me to try harder that day.

It has rained pretty much all week here so not many chances to get outside and exercise. I've got a tennis match tomorrow and we might hit an amusement park on Sunday so I should be able to stay active this weekend and hopefully remain in control of my eating as well.

Have a great weekend and Mother's Day everybody!

Thanks. The same to you. You are doing great. Good luck on your match. Amusement park sounds like fun!
  • kimadm4
    kimadm4 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the post! I'm 45 and working on losing 25 pounds. I've been on mfp for over a year. Still working on breaking some habits that derail my efforts. I know exercise is key for me. Could really use encouragement! Thanks!