Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 this summer. I'm in need of support because I am easily discouraged and want to give up when I don't see results as quickly as I think they should happen.

A little about me and my new journey: I was on here two years ago and was plugging along, losing weight (went from a size 14 to an 8 in about 4 months) feeling awesome and then I met the person who became the love of my life. I love him dearly and when I complained about gaining weight (because happy in love = not giving a damn about anything food related) he told me he couldn't tell at all. What a guy, right? Well I can see it. I can see it both in how I look and of course the number on the scale. So unbeknownst to him, I started back on getting healthy. He has complained about his own weight (which, truth be said he has gained but I don't care - he's still sexy, still amazing, and I don't love him any less) and has been trying to eat better. I'm now going to do the same and throw in a gym membership that we can both use.

My goal is to get down to if not surpass the weight I was when we first met. I'm about 20 lbs away from that. My frustration comes where after a solid week of eating healthier I see a gain on the scale as I did today. Granted it was .4 lbs, but it's seeing the number go up instead of down that breaks my heart a little and breaks my motivation a little.

What it all boils down to, feel free to add me - I promise I won't bring anyone down as far as anyone needing support - I will support you, I just need some myself.
  • luvamy200
    luvamy200 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 will be 49 the end of this month, starting over lost 9.5 so far a lot more to lose could really use the support add me
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dmcatlady- sounds like you hit it covered this weekend with your advance planning. Have fun with tennis.
  • jreed15849
    jreed15849 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    41 here abd Could always use a buddy who tell it like it is...add me if u like....
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello! Turning 41 this year, perimenopausal, have fibromyalgia, and very excited to be part of this group! I started my journey in January and lost 44-41 lbs, depending on my stupid hormones! >:) I already requested to join.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    46 and have more than 100 lbs to lose here feel free to add me I need buddies too
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 this summer. I'm in need of support because I am easily discouraged and want to give up when I don't see results as quickly as I think they should happen.

A little about me and my new journey: I was on here two years ago and was plugging along, losing weight (went from a size 14 to an 8 in about 4 months) feeling awesome and then I met the person who became the love of my life. I love him dearly and when I complained about gaining weight (because happy in love = not giving a damn about anything food related) he told me he couldn't tell at all. What a guy, right? Well I can see it. I can see it both in how I look and of course the number on the scale. So unbeknownst to him, I started back on getting healthy. He has complained about his own weight (which, truth be said he has gained but I don't care - he's still sexy, still amazing, and I don't love him any less) and has been trying to eat better. I'm now going to do the same and throw in a gym membership that we can both use.

My goal is to get down to if not surpass the weight I was when we first met. I'm about 20 lbs away from that. My frustration comes where after a solid week of eating healthier I see a gain on the scale as I did today. Granted it was .4 lbs, but it's seeing the number go up instead of down that breaks my heart a little and breaks my motivation a little.

What it all boils down to, feel free to add me - I promise I won't bring anyone down as far as anyone needing support - I will support you, I just need some myself.

Great attitude. I weight everyday. It keeps me focused but at the same time drives me crazy!!!
  • cesser1
    cesser1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Great attitude. I weight everyday. It keeps me focused but at the same time drives me crazy!!!

Hello both, I weigh every day as well but record it away from MFP. The it isn't that bad if the weekly weigh day is off.

Mickeygirliegirl, have you started the gym, yet? Your body might just be acclimatising. If there is no budge in a week or two, adjust the way you are recording. We'll help.
  • emcoutermarsh
    emcoutermarsh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Started the journey this weekend. I've gained 25 pounds in the past 13 years. I'm 48 years old and trying to get control of my health. Together we can do this!!!
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm 48 and losing/gaining the same 7 lbs. Then I have 20 more to lose. For me though, it's become more about getting healthy as I can so that I can grow old with - hopefully - energy and strength.

I feel really awake now in how I see the world and my place in it.
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 (just) I've lost 15 kg. I'm close to my goal weight of 70 kg (got about 3 kg to go) and I'm 5"8... The weight loss has been quite slow the last month or two so could do with some motivation. I'm currently on week 6 of c25k. Having gone from not being able to run for 60 seconds at the beginning I ran for a full 20 mins on Friday.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Can add me too! 49 with 40lbs to lose. Just went to gym after a year away. Scary
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Turned 44 this week and I am looking to add more friends to help me keep motivated. I log everyday and would like to have pals willing to do more that just like my posts. I am looking for accountability buddies. I need to lose 60 pounds. I have only lost 9. Long road but I know I can do it. I would love to have some support and be able to give some back as well. This journey is hard but with great support the sky's the limit! ( Women over 40 only please).

Thanks!

Feel free to add me. I'm 47 and lost 25 lbs since the first of February this year. I have about 10-15 more I'd like to lose. I keep my diary open for my friends. I also love to view others diaries to get new ideas on what to eat.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    ssakcik wrote: »
    I'm 43 (just) I've lost 15 kg. I'm close to my goal weight of 70 kg (got about 3 kg to go) and I'm 5"8... The weight loss has been quite slow the last month or two so could do with some motivation. I'm currently on week 6 of c25k. Having gone from not being able to run for 60 seconds at the beginning I ran for a full 20 mins on Friday.

Wonderful!!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's my 41st birthday today, so add me! I want to lose the last 25lb to get to my goal weight. I lost 23lb between June and September, and have maintained that weight loss for 8 months. So, after eating the obligatory piece of chocolate cake I've promised myself, I'm now ready to lose the rest of the weight. I've also been pretty lazy about going to the gym recently. Whilst (surprisingly), it hasn't affected my weight in the slightest, and I've maintained at exactly the same weight for 8 months, I know that the regular sessions I committed to last year contributed massively to my weight loss. So, accountability definitely keeps me motivated.
  • wyo_mom
    wyo_mom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me !
    46 years old
    On a mission
  • jczandme
    jczandme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 and need to loose 100 lbs I too would like to meet like minded friends.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 this year !! I just have my last few kgs to lose . I do thai boxing as my main form of exercise, which I really enjoy, although some exercises I am a bit slower to do than some of the younger gym members ! ah well at least I'm doing it ! :):D

• prgirl39mfp
    Options
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    I'm 41 this year !! I just have my last few kgs to lose . I do thai boxing as my main form of exercise, which I really enjoy, although some exercises I am a bit slower to do than some of the younger gym members ! ah well at least I'm doing it ! :):D

You are doing it!! You go girl!!
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just checking in here. Hope everybody did well this weekend. I don't think my eating was as good as it could have been, but it also wasn't as bad either. Unfortunately had a party to attend on Saturday and too tough to track what I ate there as there were just so many little things from meats to desserts...and some alcohol as well. I did my best but know it's not accurate, however hopefully playing tennis that day helped.

We did spend a few hours walking around Six Flags on Mother's Day, so that was good. I had a few fries from my son's lunch and did have a few sips of regular soda because it helps calm my stomach after some of the rides which I don't handle well any longer in my "old" age.

Mother's Day dinner was just so much food, but mostly seafood, not horrible and I did end up having only one dessert which was good. So a bit of splurging for two days, and the scale this morning was only up about .5 from my last week weigh-in, so I can get that back on track easily enough. I try to log my weight on Wednesdays so let's hope this Wednesday will have me back on track.

Hope everybody else did well this weekend! I leave for vacation in about 5.5 weeks and I'd really like to fit much better in my summer clothes and bathing suit by that time, which means at least losing about 7 more pounds, but 10 would be even better...but very tough!