3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Holy Hillarious picture Batman! lol

Thanks Beans you crack me up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do what I can. :bigsmile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Spyguy and Sarah, you both just made my day!

Hang in there fellow team members, we can do this!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning my fellow black teamers.

I just wanted to pop on and wish you all a wonderful day.

For any of us that are hitting bumps in the road this week I wanted to share how I feel about it.

Time keeps moving forward, regardless of what I do I cannot stop the years from passing. Our children get older and nothing ever stays the same. But I do have a choice and I do have control over my life. Whether I lose one pound a year or one hundred I am still taking steps toward a better me. If I give up and choose to do nothing then the years will pass the same as they always have and I will be no better for its passing. But no number of setbacks can stop the impact of persistance. It will be a combination of big steps and littles steps with plenty of setbacks in between, But this will get me to where I want to go. We all have a choice. One year from today we can either be better than we are or worse. How much better isnt what matters. Just that we are better. The year is going to pass before our eyes either way. and when we look back on it lets see the victories, not the defeats. Lets see the good days that overcame the bad ones. And lets not dwell on where we fell short. It is not the first time and it definately wont be the last time. We're not perfect. I think we all admitted that when we came to MFP. But we have all decieded that we are worth more than our lives now reflect. We cannot stop the flow of time. But we can make the most of the time we have. You are ALL doing amazing things that months ago you would have believed out of your reach and I am proud to call all of you my friends. I am proud of our successes but more than that I am proud of our failures because each and every time I have seen one of you fail I have also seen you stand up and admit it. Dust yourselves off and keep moving forward and I think that it the biggest victory any of us can have.

G'day Black Team...

Wow Spyguy ... what great words!! Thank you for putting so eloquently what I was just thinking about this morning after having a day yesterday where I completely acted like I was not on any kind of plan at all! I overate (a lot!) and didn't exercise (we didn't go dancing ... sat on the couch and watched 7 episodes of Doctor Who instead! :embarassed: :happy: )

But it's all good ... I logged everything I ate yesterday today when I got up. It was bad, but not a disaster. Many a thin person has eaten just like I did yesterday. They just don't eat like that all the time! What counts is what I do TODAY! And tomorrow ... and tomorrow.... and tomorrow....

It's so funny that you posted that. After I logged all that yummy junk I ate yesterday and was sitting down to a healthy breakfast, I was thinking ... you know ... if I only lose 5 pounds for the rest of this year and then lose only 5 pounds the next year and the next ... I will definitely be going against the trend and in 10 years I will be where I want to be.... and will feel better and better with each year that passes. They are going to go by anyway and I can either be better or worse with each one.

So hang in the there Black Team ... one bad day ... one bad week ... whatever ... is not going to hurt us at all. Use those times to evaluate what made you go to food and if it helped you. Think about strategies for what you might have done instead and give them a try. The only fall that matters is the one where you give up. This isn't about fitting into a smaller size by summer. It's about being healthy for the rest of our lives!!

Okay, me stepping down from the soapbox. ... next? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a ton of work to finish by Monday so I'd better get after it! Have a great rest of the day, gang!

:heart: Tresa
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

For any of us that are hitting bumps in the road this week I wanted to share how I feel about it.

Time keeps moving forward, regardless of what I do I cannot stop the years from passing. Our children get older and nothing ever stays the same. But I do have a choice and I do have control over my life. Whether I lose one pound a year or one hundred I am still taking steps toward a better me. If I give up and choose to do nothing then the years will pass the same as they always have and I will be no better for its passing. But no number of setbacks can stop the impact of persistance. It will be a combination of big steps and littles steps with plenty of setbacks in between, But this will get me to where I want to go. We all have a choice. One year from today we can either be better than we are or worse. How much better isnt what matters. Just that we are better. The year is going to pass before our eyes either way. and when we look back on it lets see the victories, not the defeats. Lets see the good days that overcame the bad ones. And lets not dwell on where we fell short. It is not the first time and it definately wont be the last time. We're not perfect. I think we all admitted that when we came to MFP. But we have all decieded that we are worth more than our lives now reflect. We cannot stop the flow of time. But we can make the most of the time we have. You are ALL doing amazing things that months ago you would have believed out of your reach and I am proud to call all of you my friends. I am proud of our successes but more than that I am proud of our failures because each and every time I have seen one of you fail I have also seen you stand up and admit it. Dust yourselves off and keep moving forward and I think that it the biggest victory any of us can have.

G'day Black Team...

Wow Spyguy ... what great words!! Thank you for putting so eloquently what I was just thinking about this morning after having a day yesterday where I completely acted like I was not on any kind of plan at all! I overate (a lot!) and didn't exercise (we didn't go dancing ... sat on the couch and watched 7 episodes of Doctor Who instead! :embarassed: :happy: )

But it's all good ... I logged everything I ate yesterday today when I got up. It was bad, but not a disaster. Many a thin person has eaten just like I did yesterday. They just don't eat like that all the time! What counts is what I do TODAY! And tomorrow ... and tomorrow.... and tomorrow....

It's so funny that you posted that. After I logged all that yummy junk I ate yesterday and was sitting down to a healthy breakfast, I was thinking ... you know ... if I only lose 5 pounds for the rest of this year and then lose only 5 pounds the next year and the next ... I will definitely be going against the trend and in 10 years I will be where I want to be.... and will feel better and better with each year that passes. They are going to go by anyway and I can either be better or worse with each one.

So hang in the there Black Team ... one bad day ... one bad week ... whatever ... is not going to hurt us at all. Use those times to evaluate what made you go to food and if it helped you. Think about strategies for what you might have done instead and give them a try. The only fall that matters is the one where you give up. This isn't about fitting into a smaller size by summer. It's about being healthy for the rest of our lives!!

Okay, me stepping down from the soapbox. ... next? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a ton of work to finish by Monday so I'd better get after it! Have a great rest of the day, gang!

:heart: Tresa

Cheers to that sista girlfriend.:drinker: *Does that funky three snaps in a Z shape thing*.

lol How is everyone's day going!?

Hey Sam,

Let me know when a week is available for a challenge. I wanna throw one out there.

lol:bigsmile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

Thanks Spyguy:flowerforyou: Those words just made me feel better after a awful day at work! I almost stopped and got some fast food garbage but I didn't...came home and logged on and then i saw your message!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I feel as though we need a group hug...

grouphug.jpg

My little girl just asked what kind of cats those are? there so pretty!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I feel as though we need a group hug...

grouphug.jpg

My little girl just asked what kind of cats those are? there so pretty!

I feel silly for not noticing earlier but this pick is the result of some super skillful photoshopping lol. If you look at the kitties from left to right it is a series of two kittens in the exact same position. Wow whoever made the pic has some skills. it is super cute lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Woo Woo, Tresa! More words of wisdom. You're doing awesome, my friend & spending time with you dd & dsil is time well spent no matter what. :flowerforyou:

Amelia - I'm sorry your day at work was so horrible. *hugs* Yay for your for not getting fast food, though! Small steps are what counts, my dear.

Spyguy - Don't feel silly! It took my husband pointing it out to me to realize it. LOL The collar on the on is what threw him! Silly kitties. Oh, and I nearly died laughing reading "*does that snap thing in the shape of a Z*" LOL Goofball.:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I feel silly for not noticing earlier but this pick is the result of some super skillful photoshopping lol. If you look at the kitties from left to right it is a series of two kittens in the exact same position. Wow whoever made the pic has some skills. it is super cute lol

Look at how big that guys left hand is too. Hahaha So Cute though.

You can have the week after who ever has this next week. I don't think anyone called it. If they did you can be after them. I want a week too!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Look at how big that guys left hand is too. Hahaha So Cute though.

You can have the week after who ever has this next week. I don't think anyone called it. If they did you can be after them. I want a week too!!!

Ok then I officially have the week after next. yaya!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Thank you Spyguy for checking in on our purple thread!! I hope the Black Team does good too but we still want to beat you too!! Ok so maybe by that 1/2 a pound you were talking about! Lol!! Good luck to you all! Go Purple Team!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I hate this! I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I'm so bored with exersicing and I always seem to want to go over my calories. I'm always hungry!! I don't know if the calories are set right but I feel like I am exersicing just so I can eat. It shouldn't be like that right? I can't stop crying. I hate it where I live it's never a normal tep. outside. yesterday and today have been to cold outside to do anything and then when it's not cold out it's miserably hot. Our treadmill is out in the garage and I can't do 30 day shred until Big M is asleep or I don't get a good workout and by then I'm ready for bed! Spyguy and everyone elae I know it's just one day or two maybe but I'm supposed to be strong! :sad: this is all I want to do! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Can I come to FL to give you a hug? :cry: I'm so sorry, Sam. I know that feeling, but please know that you aren't letting ANYONE down! My rule with myself is that if I'm hungry, I'm going to EAT...otherwise, I get aggrevated & hungry & then I end up bingeing on food that I REALLY shouldn't eat (ice cream, brownies, cookies). But if I cut it off before I get to that point, maybe I'll just eat an apple with peanut butter. Sure, I might be over my calories for the day, but I'm not on edge & ready to jump, kwim? *hugs* We're here for you, girl! You don't need to be strong ALL the time. We're allowed missteps!

Where's spyguy...he's good with words. And Tresa! I just hear "blah blah blah" when I type....
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I hate this! I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I'm so bored with exersicing and I always seem to want to go over my calories. I'm always hungry!! I don't know if the calories are set right but I feel like I am exersicing just so I can eat. It shouldn't be like that right? I can't stop crying. I hate it where I live it's never a normal tep. outside. yesterday and today have been to cold outside to do anything and then when it's not cold out it's miserably hot. Our treadmill is out in the garage and I can't do 30 day shred until Big M is asleep or I don't get a good workout and by then I'm ready for bed! Spyguy and everyone elae I know it's just one day or two maybe but I'm supposed to be strong! :sad: this is all I want to do! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Aw Sam, BIGGGG HUG! I know how you feel honey. But you are sad strong and brave and beautiful. It must be our teams bad day week.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Sam,

Your supposed to be human. Strong is only something we can be on occasion. You don't have to be strong all the time. That is why you have us here. We all support one another. I know the feeling on the weather thing. It was -17 here yesterday and I feel like I am getting cabin fever. Your not letting any of us down. Things can be really hard sometimes especially when your feeling so helpless. Take a good long look at your ticker and think about how you felt 25 pounds ago. Reflect on how far you've come. Once Big M is in bed see how you feel. if you don't want to shred for the night do some Wii fit and have a bit of fun. Take a little time tonight and think about something good about you that has nothing to do with losing weight. Think of what you do for your family, your friends. Anything...Just remember your weight doesnt determine your worth and you are doing GREAT! Damn the weather man and his ever changing tempatures. lol You'll get through it hang in there boss.

BTW.....I am thinking I could totally deal with Florida whenever I am shoveling 3 feet of snow outside my garage. :bigsmile:

Now go drink some water and stop being a wimp :drinker: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    told ya so. That was much better than what I had to say.:laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    told ya so. That was much better than what I had to say.:laugh:

Thought it was at least better than what 90% percent of the male population would have posted. Most guys would have just said....

TOM?

But I know better. My wife has threatened to kill me for jumping to that conclusion before.

LOL

:noway:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    HA!:laugh: That is MUCH better. You may have seen this next:

mgun.gif
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Sam,

Your supposed to be human. Strong is only something we can be on occasion. You don't have to be strong all the time. That is why you have us here. We all support one another. I know the feeling on the weather thing. It was -17 here yesterday and I feel like I am getting cabin fever. Your not letting any of us down. Things can be really hard sometimes especially when your feeling so helpless. Take a good long look at your ticker and think about how you felt 25 pounds ago. Reflect on how far you've come. Once Big M is in bed see how you feel. if you don't want to shred for the night do some Wii fit and have a bit of fun. Take a little time tonight and think about something good about you that has nothing to do with losing weight. Think of what you do for your family, your friends. Anything...Just remember your weight doesnt determine your worth and you are doing GREAT! Damn the weather man and his ever changing tempatures. lol You'll get through it hang in there boss.

BTW.....I am thinking I could totally deal with Florida whenever I am shoveling 3 feet of snow outside my garage. :bigsmile:

Now go drink some water and stop being a wimp :drinker: :laugh:

Thanks Spyguy! You might just be my most special online guy friend! :blushing: You always know how to make a person feel better. Your wife is one lucky lady! Yeah don't EVER mention TOM when she is angry. Bad idea!:laugh: :laugh:

Sara I'm waiting to hear when your flight comes in!!

Lynnie that's for the kind words! I knew I picked the right team when I was choosing team mates!

The black team will over come all that is wrong with us this week and move into next weeks problems! :wink: I just have to say to myself I WILL OVERCOME THIS!!! over and over again. Big M is calling for her liquid dinner
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I know what you mean. Sometimes (okay, a lot of the time :laugh: ) I work out for food. Like a horse with a carrot being dangled in front of them.

This time of year is tough for a lot of people. Too much dark and not enough light.

We're here for you anytime you need to :sad: :cry: ! We don't expect anymore of you than we do ourselves. You're a great black team leader but you're human. If you don't feel like working out, you're not a bad person, you're normal!