May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 I loved your top topless story also :p

@elise4270 I'm not getting prompts either to help me with screen names. Boo.

@stoshew71 Thanks for the links. I've been blessed to keep running in 50s and 60s cloudy weather but the heat is coming B)

I'm noticing I'm getting calloused on the tips of my second toes, bc my second toes are longer than my big toes. Ugh. They feel a little sore.

I'm thinking about doing some intervals/fartleks in the morning since my runs lately have all been pretty similar of 3 miles working my way from 10 min to 9 min miles to average 9:30. Need to mix it up a little.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I taught Skip how to figure % by taking her to the store and saying "this shirt costs $20 and is 20% off how much is it?" She loves a good sale. It's also amazing how many kids (and adults) can't count back change, they just look at the little screen.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    trying very hard to keep myself from buying a pair of Brooks Sherpa shorts to try. I really like the look of the pockets....and their 90 day go for a test return policy is very nice
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    @EvgeniZyntx why would you do that to me. there goes my productivity

What did I do? I think I forgot ...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    @ddmom0811 - As a second generation programmer my dad and I have chatted a lot about the impact of the modern digital world. It seems pretty inescapable that people's intelligence and drive to learn has suffered from it when any information you could ever need is available at your fingertips without ever having to learn or memorize anything. It's kind of sad how this all came to be due to great intelligence, and to further knowledge, yet the impact seems counter to the desired effect.

How's your Latin, slide rule use and soldering skills?
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    No students = online shopping and strategic planning of races for next summer.......not good, very very not good.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    So it seems that this week will actually be ok and not the throw away like last week. My garmin is now called "crush your enemies" so after my run I have a message on my phone "crush your enemies is syncing".

Nice run...and I love the new name for your Garmin.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

dog of the day. (not for your accidental exposure but for the doggies)
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 - As a second generation programmer my dad and I have chatted a lot about the impact of the modern digital world. It seems pretty inescapable that people's intelligence and drive to learn has suffered from it when any information you could ever need is available at your fingertips without ever having to learn or memorize anything. It's kind of sad how this all came to be due to great intelligence, and to further knowledge, yet the impact seems counter to the desired effect.

How's your Latin, slide rule use and soldering skills?

Et tu, Brute?

:)) On a side note this is a good point. Years ago people were saying the same things about the newspaper, and how people won't need to talk to each other ever again to hear news.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

dog of the day. (not for your accidental exposure but for the doggies)

Ah, I actually didn't even go there.
    I'm more into dogshaming,com and googling chicken shaming.

You're welcome. :wink:
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Have I mentioned my new cross training activity?

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeatherChannel/videos/10154282818195921/
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Have I mentioned my new cross training activity?

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeatherChannel/videos/10154282818195921/
    Done that!

Oh, because of timing, and stuff, If I decide to try a full next year, I'm eyeing the Lake Wobegon
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Only in Minnesota...
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @PoppetsMaster is jealous
  • PoppetsMaster
    Options
    Canoes are tin death-traps...
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Today I did a 3.75 mile easy(ish) walk because apparently getting back into bowling again after taking a year off did not make my legs very happy. WTF.
  • PoppetsMaster
    Options
    Oh, because of timing, and stuff, If I decide to try a full next year, I'm eyeing the Lake Wobegon
    Then you better start practicing "holding it" for hours now.... I think @7lenny7 has the the training routine for that.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    5/20 6 miles
    I don't remember the last time I updated so I will just mention today's run. I broke a rule and did my longish 80 minute run in brand new shoes. I was very excited to have received my second pair of Newton Kismets in the mail and I didn't want to wait to use them. I think I will definitely only be running for 60 minutes at the most this summer. I do everything that is said for running in the heat but I still just feel awful doing it. I am just hoping to get through the Bolder Boulder without feeling sick.
    exercise.png