May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Supposed to do week 8 day 1 today, but meh... my energy levels have been kind of zapped the last few days. What do you guys do to get your energy up before a run? Caffeine?

Must have coffee in the morning before a run.
    A run may help, it can be surprising how little I want to run some days but if I get out there I fell great by the end. If a run does not help considering you have felt zapped for a few days then consider a little break and rest. You can repeat portions of C25K, it is not "one size fits all".

^^^ This.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ I read your race reports this morning but never commented. Great job on your PR (on first race) and actually running the second one.
  • Stoshew71
    Options

@stoshew71 smell Jenn's and let me know what you think. I don't small it as much on Skip's.

I am the worst person to ask if something smells. LOL I have horrible sinuses.
    I will ask Jenn what she thinks of her GoL shirt.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    My 18 month old just found a new way to his runner dad's heart.......he tapped the bottom of the coffee grinder so the grounds fell into the lid so I could put them in the filter for tomorrow.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @whatmerunning Great run!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @whatmerunning Best way to clean muddy running shoes. Way to grab that 12.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 2 mi
    5/4 - 2 mi
    5/7 - 2 mi
    5/8 - 2 mi
    5/9 - 2 mi
    5/13- 2mi
    5/15- 1mi
    5/17- 1 mi
    5/20- 3mi
    5/22- 3mi
    5/23- 2 mi

22 down 8 to go.

Trying to get used to doing back to back days.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @4leighbee Great run!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Just scored a pair of Brooks Sherpa shorts and a pair of Smartwool Run Light Elite Micro socks for $50 total and free shipping. This after putting an an order to get McMillan's You (Only Faster) today......my wife was awesome letting me go for it.

I'm tempted to tempt fate and wear the shorts on my Long Run on Saturday when I go for a distance PR of 11 miles.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Really wanted to run today but needed a day off that. An hour workout that was 1/3 kickbox 1/3 weights 1/3 pilates turned my legs to jello so I'm over the need to run for now. :D

@4leighbee Great job!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Marathoners: I live an hour from my race (in November). Any issue with driving (an hour) after the run? I'm thinking about staying overnight downtown. Your experiences? :) Thanks!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Marathoners: I live an hour from my race (in November). Any issue with driving (an hour) after the run? I'm thinking about staying overnight downtown. Your experiences? :) Thanks!

@4leighbee,

I drove about an hour and 45 minutes after my marathon. Yeah, it hurt like hell walking around after the drive, but it would have hurt anyway. The added pain of sitting around for an hour only lasts a few minutes until you walk it off. Personally I wouldn't pay for a night downtown just for that, however, if you want to stay downtown and are looking for a good reason, that's as good a reason as any.
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »

I drove 11 hours after 38 miles on the trails...and I was no worse for wear...you should be fine... :)
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    pshara wrote: »
    It was a struggle but I forced myself to jog/walk my 4 miles today.

Nicely done! That is a solid distance!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,401 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    09/xx/16 - Beat the Blerch Half Marathon, Seattle

Awesome. I want to do the Beat the Blerch Virtual Half Marathon that weekend.

http://www.beattheblerch.com/virtual.html

@orphia - thanks for posting that link. I went to the site just to see if anything had changed and the race registration was open. Not only open but Saturday was already sold out! I am surprised I didn't get an email when it opened. The good news is that Sunday was still open and I was able to get both my daughter and I registered!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    09/xx/16 - Beat the Blerch Half Marathon, Seattle

Awesome. I want to do the Beat the Blerch Virtual Half Marathon that weekend.

http://www.beattheblerch.com/virtual.html

@orphia - thanks for posting that link. I went to the site just to see if anything had changed and the race registration was open. Not only open but Saturday was already sold out! I am surprised I didn't get an email when it opened. The good news is that Sunday was still open and I was able to get both my daughter and I registered!

@shanaber So happy I could help! It's so cool you're doing it! I adore The Oatmeal.