diet soda is HORRIBLE

Options

Replies

• cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with Captain Morgan's, that crosses out any of the bad stuff in it! :drinker:

BAHAHA, good one, sir.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    oHhhhhh noez I finna die
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    wth.. "You are all going to die" you are like the crazy Jesus guy preaching the end of the world.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/255633/Diet-drinks-make-you-fat

Sorry about the source, but it makes a good point.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i think ill just stick to grape rum anyways - ill skip the diet sprite and just shoot it straight outta the bottle!! things will definitely get more interesting in my world then anyways :)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I am pretty sure that I'm going to die whether or not I drink diet soda ;-) If the PROVEN risks of smoking don't keep me from smoking then the POSSIBLE risks of drinking diet soda probably aren't going to scare me into not drinking diet soda. Just sayin' none of us are going to live forever.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    i think ill just stick to grape rum anyways - ill skip the diet sprite and just shoot it straight outta the bottle!! things will definitely get more interesting in my world then anyways :)

Love it!!! :)
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you're all laughing, diet drinks are a serious issue over here. They're the number one cause of alcoholism, drug abuse, and knife crime in this country. The diet pepsi vs. diet coke gang wars have become so extreme that people are too scared to leave their houses for fear of being caught in the crossfire.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Waiting for my pal Schwiggity to chime in on this one lol
  • Juggernautpint
    Juggernautpint Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There is a study for everything!

The conclusion seems to be it either causes cancer or it causes some other condition that will kill you!

Not that I think diet pop is good for you, let's face it COKE is merely Phosphoric acid which (according to Wikipedia) may be used as a "rust converter", by direct application to rusted iron, steel tools, or surfaces. The phosphoric acid converts reddish-brown iron(III) oxide, Fe2O3 (rust) to black ferric phosphate, FePO4. YUM!
  • sstryniak
    sstryniak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by how many of you are ignorant to the fact that diet pop and any food that has ARTIFICIAL sweeteners in it can be extremely harmful to your body. Sure, you may reduce carb and calorie intake, but it is definitely not worth it in the long run. If you want a low sugar and low calorie intake, drink some water! It is pure, zero calories, and essential for the body's well being. Ignoring the facts about artificial sweeteners and diet pop will not make it "healthy". Just search the harmful effects on google and open your eyes.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by how many of you are ignorant to the fact that diet pop and any food that has ARTIFICIAL sweeteners in it can be extremely harmful to your body. Sure, you may reduce carb and calorie intake, but it is definitely not worth it in the long run. If you want a low sugar and low calorie intake, drink some water! It is pure, zero calories, and essential for the body's well being. Ignoring the facts about artificial sweeteners and diet pop will not make it "healthy". Just search the harmful effects on google and open your eyes.

Word. Well said.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Whatever....I love my diet pepsi.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'd rather die of "diet soda poisoning" then 'nothing'.

Wait, what am I talking about? I don't even drink diet soda...yuck!
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    I don't know why you're all laughing, diet drinks are a serious issue over here. They're the number one cause of alcoholism, drug abuse, and knife crime in this country. The diet pepsi vs. diet coke gang wars have become so extreme that people are too scared to leave their houses for fear of being caught in the crossfire.
    LOL
  • elleninez
    elleninez Posts: 44
    Options
    Everyone has a vice of some sort. If diet soda is the worst thing a person has, then by all means, GO FOR IT. I mean seriously, if you don't like something, don't drink it - just back off those that do! Those studies may yet be refuted...remember how "bad" eggs were for us, and now they're "good" for us? I love the smoking comment...it's been PROVEN to be hazardous, and that doesn't change people's behaviors. Why in the world would someone change what they drink because it MIGHT POTENTIALLY be harmful?
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options

I'm not ignorant to the fact that that artificial sweeteners can POSSIBLY be harmful. I am also not ignorant to the risks of smoking, but I do it anyway. Not ignorant to the risks of not wearing sunblock, but I never do. Not ignorant to the fact that I could die in a car accident, but I still drive.

If I avoided everything that could hurt or kill me I'd never leave my house and I'd still die sooner or later.
  • hwholland
    hwholland Posts: 6
    Options
    Diet soda killed my dog.
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    I am going to switch back to my lard shakes like i was eating before. Thanks!
  • Tintamar5678
    Options
    I find it funny all the people saying "Oh well we are all gonna die anyways"
    With that type of attitude why are you even trying to lose weight? Go get yourself a greasy burger and some fries and enjoy life!! Gonna die anyways...