WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have to go to a funeral this morning. One of my friends, who survived breast cancer years ago was diagnosed several months ago with 3 inoperables. She went very quickly in the end. It's a sad fact of life, at my age. Friends are departing with increasing rapidity! :cry:
    :heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to Becca, Joyce, Janet, and all the others who need them! :heart:

:sweat_smile: Still valiantly reading to catch up! :sweat_smile:

:star: There are 3 types of people! :star:
    :confounded: The Haters! :confounded:
    :cold_sweat: The Doubters! :cold_sweat:
    :sunglasses: YOU! Proving them wrong! :sunglasses:

:heart: Dare to be YOU! :heart:

:smiley: Welcome Newbies! :smiley:

80464089.png

Irish Terri cbi4dvcyvq96.png

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,782 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    well i awoke at 3 a.m. as I passed out a little after 6 pm last night, when it is sunny and hot out ,it just poops you out... Tom has a furlow day today .but I have to work...
    I had dad print out flight information and they already changed a flight,I called and changed it at no charge, but wont be getting home until 6 on 4th of July and have to be at work at 9 the next morning..
    Both Joyce and Becca, I will keep both Charlie and Becca's hubby in my prayers today... sending extra special hugs to you both xoxoxoxo
    talked with Tracy (DD) yesterday and they will be here weds at probably around 6-7 at night... her dad my Ex told her he doesn't get the keys to his place until thursday so he will he staying overnight at my dads house...I want to he there when they get there,am not especially thrilled to see him, and it will crazy, so maybe I will forgo going up there...will stop and get a bit of milk ,some cereal and coffee and maybe something they can heat up to eat when they get there...
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    9s2tbecbv1pr.jpeg
    opcd7owgec0d.jpeg
    e76ya7znevfo.jpeg
    Good morning :p 1 am and wide awake. Here a picture from my DD party tonight.

3f1n2cj3x29f.jpeg
    rpjkptpyqod0.jpeg
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sending (((hugs))) to Joyce that all goes well for Charlie today.

Becca. Sending (((hugs))) to you for the long drive, that the doctors at the hospital get to the issue your DH is having and quickly set him on the road to health.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Joyce, hope Charlie swans through the procedure no problem, and that it does exactly what they hope it will do.

Becca, thinking about you and your husband, too. Hate the long drives myself... hope they can get his numbers headed back the right direction very quickly.

Rosie, love the prom pics!

Marcelyn, much luck on the bowing...

Lisa
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    My sis will be in Saturday evening with the niece and truckload of stuff for next sale. We'll unload what she's bringing and then head for the ranch. My sis used to work on the other side of the ranch from where we live, she drove a 40-ton dump truck for the oilfield services company that my DH worked with at the time. I ended up with a job there, as well, which is how I met my DH. Next month is 7 years we've been married, and the company barely made it five before shutting down, due to oil prices.

I took part of yesterday afternoon off, slept like a rock for two hours, back up to take pics at a presentation at the hospital, back in bed by 7 and slept 'til just past 3. I needed ten hours' sleep, was way too far in sleep deficit to make good decisions.

Am excited, as the hubby has use or lose vacation he must take in June, so may use it to work at the warehouse and get the kitchen put in. Now that I have a bathroom, I'm seriously aching to have a place bigger than the old computer desk I'm using to actually put food together! Plus it would be nice to have a whole week where I see my husband every night. Missing that, too.

Work is going well... finally beginning to settle into some kind of routine, and should get there by next week. A couple of small papers to put out should get me to the point where it's not so crazy, though next week won't be easy, with only Tuesday and Wednesday to put it all together, Monday being the holiday.

Hope it's a good Memorial Day weekend for all.

Love y'all!
    Lisa
  • sarahjsmythe1
    sarahjsmythe1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. Do you welcome the English on here? (even if we're voting to leave Europe!)

I have lost 14lbs since early April, another 4lb and my Body Mass App says I'll be 'normal'. I presume it's only referring to my weight cause I'd hate to be seen as 'normal' in any other way!

I turned 50 in January. I'm loosing the weight because my babies (twins) were 9 on Monday so I can no longer claim it's baby fat. If I can loose another 14lbs I may even wear shorts this summer, possibly even Lycra!

Goals for May and June - I've just started the 10,000 step daily challenge. I keep trying to do the C25K but never seem to get past day 6 so my goal for June is to complete the course.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    sarah keep on reading and posting we r a chatty and supportive group. Also sign each post with the name you want to be called

Hugs and strength to all facing Health concerns and lately it seems our partners
    <3
    Counting my blessings alongside my calories is keeping me on track and off the emotional binge eating. Going for a walk on the treadmill at our hotel before I spend the day walking the national mall with my DD.

Sending strength to all who needs it Karen from ny
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday! I have been reading posts all week and trying to keep up. I have been using my mornings to get in my exercise and my Duolingo time.
    Joyce, Beccaand all others going through tough times: Love and Hugs <3 I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers today.
    Larisa- Pull ups are HARD! When I had my gym membership and I was doing a strength training class, our instructor had us using the pull-up machine as part of the "circuit" we did. She would constantly stress how I should be able to do 1 pull-up (at the time I weighed 245). I actually stopped mid circuit, completely fed up with her, and told her to "do the math". The pull-up machine is always set to whatever "assistance" weight each person needs. Mine was set at the highest assistance and I still couldn't do one. Instructor and many of the other women had the assistance setting at a low amount, and were pumping out 6-10 each set. I can't remember what the assistance percentages were, but math-wise, with theirs set at a low setting they were 'pulling up" considerably less weight than me. In order to come closer to what she wanted me to "pull-up" they would need to do pull-ups with no assistance. They all tried and couldn't do one. I kept working on that machine for months to come and gradually got up to 6-10 (assisted). And I was able to lower my assistance level and push out a few. Good on you, to have that goal set!
    SarahJ- Welcome and you will be happy to know you have company on this site in Heather, who is a regular from England. I also turn 50 this year and good for you for getting rid of the "post" baby fat. My baby is 22 and I am still working on it. Although my weight gain has been from age 35 on. My body kind of turned against me at that time. I like your goals and I think this thread will help you stay focused and encouraged to complete them.
    Gloria, Beth, and TerriRichards- Wonderful to see your faces and posts on here!

I am enjoying all of the pictures and listening to all of the "life" stories! Been in a bit of a funk with just the busy-ness of life and trying to find the time in long work days to balance my dh and helping him manage his meds for RA, getting the house and yard in decent spring/summer shape, and just the many little "emergencies" that come up with elderly in-laws and ailing family members. I find I am getting a little fried, emotionally and am so looking forward to the slower days of summer. I still work 12-13 hour days, but the ages of my daycare kids goes up. Most of my diaper wearing ones are teacher's kids; so I lose them in the summer and gain the older school aged kids. SOOO much easier. ANyway, thank you ladies for being here and getting me through the days. You are my Calm App! <3
  • Bix247
    Bix247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi to all, and may I join in? Newly started my road to health and fitness, losing weight, gaining strength and general lets get on with life regime. I am 54, need to lose a lot of weight but setting myself small bite goals. Three stone to start with.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Thanks ladies (((hugs))) Rec'd a call from the transplant coordinator, and his blood numbers were (quote) terrible, so driving to Portland tomorrow at about 10am for ultra-sound and possible liver biopsy. Husband is ok from the fact that he is yellowish and dealing with some bright yellow urine, feeling tired. Hopefully they can get some questions answered, and they won't just send us home to await results. 4 hr drives aren't fun for this gal! (((hugs))))
    Becca

<3 hugs to your hubby for his health challenge... <3<3 double hugs to you for the long drive and being his rock at this time
  • barbiecat
    Options
    <3<3<3 Joyce, hugs to you and Charlie today....and for the days to come as he recovers from the surgery.
  • barbiecat
    edited May 2016
    Options
    :'( Jake's daughter died last night after a many year battle with breast cancer. The call came at 1:40 AM....Jake has been up since then talking on the phone with family members...I walked the dogs and went back to bed.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    ANyway, thank you ladies for being here and getting me through the days. You are my Calm App! <3

Thank you for putting into words exactly how I feel also! <3

Lurking of late but sending all in need prayers, hugs and love!

Cheri
    In very warm NE oHIo
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Bix247 and sarahjsmythe1 Hi! I am new here as well! These gals are pretty wonderful.

Becca and Joyce We will all be with the two of you today as you deal with your husbands' serious medical problems. Praying for a good outcome for both.

Michele NC Hoping that brain tumor is a small pesky benign tumor that can be easily dealt with. Do you have hearing loss & vertigo? You are so funny, glossing right past the brain tumor thing. I have a feeling you are too busy to be sick.

Kim NC Sending healing thoughts for your shoulder. My "shoulder pain" a few years ago turned out to be pinched nerve in my neck, took traction and steroids to get me back on track and still bothers me sometimes. Hope your shoulder heals up soon.

Janetr OKC Glad hubby's back is better.

Sue in Wash Healing thoughts for your Dsis. Prednisone is a bit tough on bone density, hope DEXA news is good for you!

Irish Terri Though about you yesterday attending funeral of your young friend. :'(

Barbie and Larisa (and Mary) Thanks for the encouragement about heavy lifting. I must admit I am intimidated but feel a rising determination which probably means I will plunge in sooner or later.

Pamela_June, Rosie in SC, and Carol in NC Hope all of you have a day or two of "staycation" to rest and destress. I need that from time to time myself, as I work long hours which leave me wrung out. Wish I could win the lottery LOL!! Livermush? I don't know about Livermush. And Rosie You still lost weight! Way to go!

Grandmallie Girl, you could run circles around me! You lead an amazing busy life. I am a bit in awe.

Rosie in SC Lovely prom pictures. Your daughter is so pretty. Her hair is wonderful.

Karen NY Hope you had a lovely time with your daughter! I have a son. He doesn't want to spend time with me. Oh well.

Kayla Thanks for the laugh about the barking dogs solution. I giggled all day.

Everyone else Have a good day!

I went to doctor yesterday. I didn't know how much I weighed 6 weeks ago until yesterday's visit. Yesterday I was down 13 lbs in 6 weeks...from 226 pounds 6 weeks ago. I am glad I didn't know how much I weighed at first visit. I am not weighing again until next visit in 6 weeks. I hope I will be under 200lbs by then. For my self esteem.

Grandson's 10th birthday is today. I won a bid on a firetruck ride home from school at a benefits auction so my little guy and his sister get to ride home on a firetruck today! It's a surprise. Woohooo!

Love to you all,

Karen in Virginia

• CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Joyce and BeccaPlease know that there are friends keeping watch today. You may not be able to see them, but everyone on this club is walking with you as you traverse a difficult trail today. We are here to catch you and place you back on the path. Godspeed. CJ
    https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M05cdd34d3b5b79f919a4e4b88155722eo0&w=299&h=224&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0fu7qyha0iuhx.png
  • CSSJ09
    Options
    Barbie :'(<3 to you and your DH and the family. To lose someone to breast cancer is never easy, but when a young woman dies, it is doubly hard. CJ
  • CSSJ09
    Options
    Cheri I hope your daughter is fully recovered and DH has the job he wants. {{{hugs}}} to you.
    CJ
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( Jake's daughter died last night after a many year battle with breast cancer. The call came at 1:40 AM....Jake has been up since then talking on the phone with family members...I walked the dogs and went back to bed.

Bafbie, so sorry to hear of Jake's loss. (((Hugs))) and prayers for both of you and the family.

Janetr okc