What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• KristinaPS713
    KristinaPS713 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Changing my mentality from scolding myself for eating a dessert or not exercising as much as I "should be" to reminding myself to take it one day at a time, thinking about all the positives, not only the negatives.

Making sure I DRINK WATER.

Setting reasonable goals for myself. Before, I would just suddenly decided I was going to lose XX pounds in one week. Then I would be so disappointed and mad at myself when this didn't happen. Now, I know how to set appropriate goals for my body, which I can attain and be proud of myself for accomplishing!
  • bethanyjohnston969
    bethanyjohnston969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Self discipline. Competing with my husband-I have 4 kg to go he has 8kg. Saying no to dessert or snacks everywhere I go. Trying to walk at least 8000 steps each day.
  • thamesgina
    thamesgina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Low carbs and calorie restriction was tough, but getting fast and early results was key for me. I lost 8 lbs the first week and have 2-3 per week since.

The journal had kept me accountable every step of the way. I have logged every bite for 18 weeks. Although I have had less than perfect days I at least am aware of my behavior and learn,

• PorcelainCupcakes
    PorcelainCupcakes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There's an online calculator tool called BMI-Calculator. Amongst the free tools they have a BMR calculator. I learned what a basic metabolic rate was, how it changes and varies to each person based on gender, age, weight, ecterera.
    It's a pretty impressive tool I use in addition to MFP.
  • dahliagrower11
    dahliagrower11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this with the fact that I am two months into my journey to get healthy again. My moment of deep discouragement was when I had two days on a shopping trip and basically came out hating myself and how I looked. I then started looking into how to move more each day ... and started logging my food.

I became aware of the fitbit phenomenon. My husband and son went out to get me one at the beginning of May....and now I challenge myself every day to reach my 10,000 steps. On exceptional days I have done 17,000 steps but mostly it's 10-12k range.... I am also a lot more aware of the flights of stairs --- best day was 47 flights (some hill walking) ....

I think these three things will make me reach my goals:
    1. log my food - and stick close to my 1200 calories (carefully watching my sodium -set at 1500mg day not the 2500mg)
    2. get in my 10,000 steps daily .... or 70,000 per week
    3. have a good support network at home and work ..... for food encouragement and activity encouragement

I have also joined the current Biggest Loser Challenge here on MFP and I think it makes me a bit more accountable and aware of the challenges in getting to healthy --- it's not without it's bumps.
  • AlexFlexes
    AlexFlexes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Work ethic... and proving haters wrong
  • Vossii
    Vossii Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    consistency
  • RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Someone asking me if I had gained weight or if I was pregnant...that motivated me to succeed.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Being consistently active and moving as much as possible each day.

Weigh in regularly to ensure I stay within goal range.
  • leighkennon
    leighkennon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tracking calories and replacing most drinks with sparkling seltzer water - makes me feel full and I do not eat near as much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!