40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Supposed to be leg day, but with the 10K tomorrow I moved legs to Sunday and did shoulders and abs.

We have severe weather warnings here today. Seems like no one is getting away from it this summer.

Hope everyone south of the border (Canadian that is) enjoys their Memorial Day weekend!! Make it a good one!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    US Memorial Day weekend. We'll take the scout troop out to a local national cemetery in the morning to set flags on all 10,000 graves.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    edited May 2016
    2hr bike ride today - done - yay!

Hope everyone have a great weekend ahead!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Speed & Agility"=Done! did MUCH better with it today! still kicked the Hell out of me though!
  • kac20162017
    kac20162017 Posts: 10 Member
    I am 45 with a lot to lose (over 150). i would love to have some friends in this age/weight loss group. please add me!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've checked in on this thread. Hope all is well with all of you and you have a fabulous weekend planned! The birds are chirping loudly to inform me that it's time to roll out of bed and head out for my daily one-hour beagle walk. (The beagles are still snoring, of course.)
    Have fun today! - Sarah
  • 60to35
    Nice way to remember on this weekend @allenpriest. We owe our freedom to many.

Gloomy 10K today, but I reached my goal of under an hour- 56 minutes! BOOM!

@gam3rguy- I did a round of the original insanity and a round of insanity30. Toughest thing I have ever done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey hey!!! I walked my son to the neighborhood park and had an awesome workout using the playground equipment. When I got home my husband had lunch ready, pizza. WTH!!! He had loaded it with veggies though!

Allenpriest, that is awesome!!!

@kac20162017, welcome to the group! Just post away. Slow but steady!!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    The flag setting is an awesome sight. There are 10,000 to place. It looks like a wave washing over the cemetery. It took just 20 minutes for around 200 scouts and families to finish the task n
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    60to35 wrote: »
    Nice way to remember on this weekend @allenpriest. We owe our freedom to many.

Gloomy 10K today, but I reached my goal of under an hour- 56 minutes! BOOM!

@gam3rguy- I did a round of the original insanity and a round of insanity30. Toughest thing I have ever done!
    AWESOME! I've done 3 rounds total of original INSANITY, 1 round of Asylum...this is round 2. gonna hit volume 2 next. I don't have MAX:30.

• narak_lol
    Did a 6 hour bike ride today (Sunday evening here already) with my bike buddies - luckily not too intense and it was lots of fun! Hope everyone have a great Sunday!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Did a 6 hour bike ride today (Sunday evening here already) with my bike buddies - luckily not too intense and it was lots of fun! Hope everyone have a great Sunday!

AWESOME!!!! That's the kind of stuff I love and miss. My workout buddies have all moved away. :(
  • narak_lol
    sdereski wrote: »
    AWESOME!!!! That's the kind of stuff I love and miss. My workout buddies have all moved away. :(

Thank you! I see what you mean... I love my workout buddies they make things so much more enjoyable and we often push each other to do (at least try to do) better than last time.

I hope you will find some new workout buddies soon!

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Wow! Awesome bike ride, @narak_lol! I'm just back from a 90-minute walk with the beagles. Dusted off the full-length mirror today in preparation for what I hope will be my last "before" picture ever. No more avoiding mirrors... No more avoiding mirrors... No more avoiding mirrors... Have a light work schedule the next six weeks and am in my first week of longer daily dog walks + 40-60 minutes of low-impact aerobics each day. Adding swimming in soon. Sorry for the long post! I'm just getting out of about 3 months of too much stress and crappy eating. Back on the wagon!!!

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • gam3rguy
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    @peppermintpudgy, wow!! Your beagles are in great shape!! 90 min walk?!?! My dogs would die!

I'm in need of a good dep tissue massage!! My neck and back!!! I scheduled one in Wed. Can't wait!!!

Have a great evening!
  • 60to35
    @peppermintpudgy The beagles must have loved that! Dogs are a great way to get out there- I mean who gets more excited for a long walk?

Wow @chris_2013 ! That's a lot of weight in a short period, especially at our age ;) Let us know if you hit 50 tomorrow.

I did legs today. Threw in pendulum lunges to change things up. Haven't done them in a while. Now I remember why- owie
  • narak_lol
    Rode 35km (22 miles) today. Aim to ride 4 times this week so 1 down 3 to go!

Tomorrow is 1 hour weight training.

Hope everyone have a great start of the week!