KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather UK <3

Karen in Virgina
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Only have a minute...

Michele - Azaleas come in non-deciduous varieties and many will stay small--just ask before you buy. Also ask about their blooming season because some bloom earlier than others. You should be able to do camelias where you are. I had two at my old house and they were awesome--shiny green leaves all year and a great show of blooms all winter if it was mild weather. I don't know if you can find ones that will stay small, though. Rhodies usually need some shade to do really well. They can also grow to be humongous. There are some beautiful hollies that stay green and bear beautiful berries that the birds like if you're not determined to have everything bloom. I actually had some sort of holly at the old house that bloomed in the spring, too, and smelled absolutely wonderful. You live in fairly neutral zone so should be able to find lots of things. Oh! I don't know if they bloom or not, but there are bushes that not only keep their leaves all year but have red leaves in the winter. It may sound odd, but drive around the fast food restaurants in the area. They tend to have non-deciduous bushes in their landscaping.

I'm alive, but dead tired because I slept very little last night. I had a procedure done on my shoulder this morning to break up scar tissue. It was painless except for the tiny prick of the needle and should give me better range of motion and clear up the lingering pain.

Becca - I'm thinking of you and your family!

Joyce - Glad they think Charlie is well enough to go home--I get how scary it is when you don't think you're ready to take care of them. I once had my ex released to go home directly from ICU!!

Off to job #2!

:heart: Carol in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! This seems like such a great group - can I be one of the cool kids? :)

:) Keep coming back and join in the conversation.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather, what is a milk tube?

This is a picture my daughter tried to post yesterday but the wi-if here stunk. I will try it myself. I have never posted a pic from my iPad. It's my oldest grand daughter, her and her best friend were playing around with the camera and her friend took this. Wish me luck.1f3mjt05myod.png
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Reading on my phone, so won't comment much except...
    Pip - wowsers on that hospital bill. Hopefully insurance is covering most of it, but still. :(
    Marcelyn - OMG. Praying the man from your hubby's work was just blowing off steam and everyone stays safe and sound.
    Finally2002016- welcome! I am in the same spot. The weight is coming off VERY slowly. I did do Dr Mark Hyman's 10-day detox and lost 5 lbs but have gained back two as I added dairy and gluten back into my diet.

Hopping on a plane to Toronto now. Will post more later.

Linda/IA
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @barbiecat I just saw your profile picture <3 ! I have a mostly poodle who's about the color of your one on the left and the one on the right looks just like his mom :)

I'm a Mom of 14 year old twins, a doodle and Bobcat, wife to Andy. I'm a triathlete with a broken leg (re:grumpy), business owner and FINALLY having some weight loss success. I'm down about 10 with the next 10 on the horizon!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: You are doing the best you can in a stressful situation. Beating yourself up is not okay. You are absolutely right to take care of your health right now. You will need to be as healthy as possible for your family and yourself. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Becca Even a hangnail can make you miserable. I'd be mad too. Heck, I'm mad for you!

Karen in Virginia
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Pip, when we lost our first yellow lab it took me 4 years until I was ready to get another dog. It was a black lab. When we lost her it was just a few months until Maggie (another black lab) adopted us. She was a stray in the neighborhood that kept ending up at our house. She’s been here about 8 years now so I think she’ll stay.

Kim, congrats on the big job. How nice for both of you as I know you’ll do a wonderful job for them.

Joyce, so happy that Charlie is progressing. Glad to hear you are getting some rest.

Katla, so sorry that your DH is no longer comfortable on the boat. I know how much you love it and wish you could use it. I love the poem. I’m sending it to a few friends and my DD.

Gloria, what a nice Mother’s Day gift. You have me laffin’ at not being able to remember your street name. Isn’t it nice to relax that much!

Heather, the nice thing about a huge job like cleaning/defrosting the freezer is that you have such a sense of accomplishment when it’s done. I hope you don’t have to do it very often.

Janetr, sending prayers for your DGS and you. I can’t imagine how hard this much be for you. (((Hugs)))

Solieco, there is always room at our table so come on in. Please tell us about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called. This is a great group of ladies.

Joyce, so glad to hear how things are progressing. I’m so happy for both of you. Great picture of your DGD.

Heather, your cruise is very different than the ones I’ve been on. They don’t allow any type of kettle in the staterooms although tea is available 24/7 in the dining room. I’m also getting excited for you.

CarolNC, so glad to hear they did a procedure to help your shoulder. Please keep us posted as to how it works.

Barbie, I love the picture of your Dad.

Anne, I hope you are feeling better.
    m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Line dancing was good this afternoon. Gosh 1:00 o’clock comes fast on Tuesdays. It has rained on and off for a few days and expected to continue. Looks like the neighborhood garage sale may get rained out. We have a rain date just in case. My computer crashed earlier and I think I got to all the posts but not real sure. At least for now I consider myself caught up. It’s not been a great month but tomorrow is a new start. Sending best wishes to all of you and special hugs and prayers to those that need them. You ladies are the best and I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. happy-in-the-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gifDJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I agree about Barbie's fathers picture. The way he is pictured so perfectly in what I assume is porthole. And what i also see is an apparent cigarette which was so common with WW2, well any of them. I know many service men who did not smoke at all but when they come back they are smokers.

I have no hit that oh so familiar rock bottom. When Charlie was in with his meningitis and it was panic mode the whole time, it wasn't long before I couldn't hardly walk. Luckily my kids were there and thoroughly enjoyed pushing me around in a wheel chair. Those two can terrorize an entire city when they get together! Anyway, Charlie and I were out for our second walk and he wanted to make a second round around the unit. He is trying hard to get rid of this gaseous feeling. I knew I had to go to the grocery store and he was just down right boring. He didn't want the TV on and he was trying to rest to not feel the gas pain and I was fighting sleep which is impossible in either the recliner or the couch in his room so I told him I needed to leave. It was really hard to get downstairs. Used a mobility scooter at the store, after getting my shopping done, had 6 bags plus 12 pack of soft drink and a gallon of milk, got it on the check out lane then back in the scooter and in my car. But then you know you have to get it in your house and up the stairs. As I got to the highway I realized I had forgotten all of the meat! :s So I have now eaten my supper, rested my legs and i will go back. Things like that make me so mad. I'm not that much of a cook anyway and it frustrates me when I make a stupid mistake. I can't make a nice stew without meat or a meatloaf without hamburger or his favorite casserole. I think it will be a very early bedtime after I get home.

This is what I was trying to tell Charlie last year when he went into rehab. I really, really needed my rest and recoup time before he came home. But now when he comes home tomorrow (?) I am down and out but he requires me to be up and about. I guess I can be glad that he is one stubborn man and will be an overachiever when he gets home. I doubt he will ask me for any assistance until it is time to change his bag. It is being changed tomorrow so it should last at least 5 days. I also know he will go start raving mad staying in the house without driving. This is the time I wish we had a nice deck outside that we could sit on our lousy deck that is to dangerous to walk on.

I am to wordy tonight and not welcoming our new people. I don't want them to think that this is the 'Listen to Joyce complain' group!

Joyce, Indiana
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I know I know...Katla, it just feels like I have so many emotions all at the same time...hard to process them all, and not be crying mad.
    So we rec'd a call from the liver coordinator. On Thursday we go to OHSU for a MRI on his bile ducts, and specialized labs. The labs are at 4-5pm...with the labs closing down at 5:30pm . His MRI is at 9:30 PM with us checking into the emergency area doors. Crazy time, but that is when they could get us in. So then after the MRI we drive home. I am thinking 11PM out at the earliest. Lots of coffee in my future! The coordinator was talking to my husband like she was going to give him really bad news and he was thinking, Wow is she going to tell me something awful over the phone?? But the solemn disposition was because of the awful time it was being scheduled. Then she says, it should be a nice evening to stroll around, which my husband reminds her of the brace on his leg. Oops she says, I forgot about that!

Drove to the food bank today up in Astoria the land of hills that I hate. Did fine. Got a bag of veggies, rotten. got a bag of fruit, mostly rotten. Hard to check to see what I am getting right there, and the bags are tied with a knot. They tie them up in plastic bags and portion them out, then most likely jam them in the frig. Disappointing. But I did get some brown rice triscuits with roasted red pepper and red bean flavor. Had my 6 so that was good! Tonight simple dinner of a fried egg in spices over a wasa crispbread. Simple. Oh and a cup of coffee, (got coffee from the food bank!). Both son and I have been having tea, which I like don't get me wrong, just doesn't have the zing!! When I have my smooth milky sweet tea I get comfortable sleepy. Not good when you are trying to WAKE UP.

(((hugs to everyone!!))))
    Becca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ We are all rooting for you and your DH!

Joyce ~ Hope you get to rest just a bit.

Quiet day here!

Carol
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Summer colds are the pits. Went back to doc says I can go back to the gym though. Yay for me.

My daughter informed me today she made the Deans list this past semester. Proud of her. High school she never really put the effort in but has turned that around that she is in college. I think taking a couple years off of school made a huge difference for her.

Joyce great news about the strides your DH is making. It can be amazing how fast a body starts to recover.

Becca thinking about you and your family. Sending postive thoughts your way.

Barbie as always thanks for keeping us going.

Well heading off to bed soon. Goodnight ladies.

Anne from Wisconsin

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)<3Becca, I wish I could be there to hug you and hold your hand during this scary time of waiting

:)<3Joyce, take care of yourself when you get home...get some rest and keep everything as simple as possible so you don't over-do and wear yourself out

:)solieco, I hope you'll keep coming back...your dogs sound wonderful

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Internet is pokey right now...just want to send a big hug Becca's way!!!!! And glad for the update on Joyce's DH!
    See you all on the June thread,
    Betty
  • barbiecat
    Options
    sleeping-beauty-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's bedtime for me so here is the link to the new thread for June....see you there

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10401480/women-ages-50-for-june-2016#latest
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    total stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.26min, 14.8amph, 131mhr, 2.5mi = 75c
    ROWING MACHINE- 20min, 61aw, 3357meters, 132mhr = 125c
    TREADMILL, slow jog- 15min, 12.04ap, 1.0-2.0incl 5.2sp, 112ahr, 136mhr, 1.15mi = 136c
    ride gym 2 dome- 4.45min, 13.3amph, 140mhr, 1mi = 54c
    ride wk 2 hm- 55.36min, 10.9amph, 131ahr, 157mhr, 10.1mi = 458c
    total cal 848