June (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I jumped in late last month so I'm excited to start from thee beginning this time. I had a goal of 65 miles last month and ended at 72.6. I'm going to push for 80 this month.

Coming up
    6/4 - Butterfly 5k (fun team run so won't be racing)
    6/7 - Corporate Challenge 3.5 miles
    6/25 - Zero Prostate Cancer Run (maybe?)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @5beautifuldays - Happy Birthday Running Day :)
    @Mobycarp - I too will observe Running Day by having a much needed rest day!
    @4leighbee - I too was impressed that @poppetsmaster did not trigger a single censored *kitten* or any other animal.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    It promises to be a good month, looks like @poppetsmaster has some friendly ( humour ) competition from @Zom_bunny. Like others I was impressed that not a single kitten was hurt in his Bourbon laced rant about Global Running Day. I know nothing about Global Running day. All I really know is that It's Wednesday which means Wednesday Night Pats Creek Hill Climb or lazy 5-10 km on the Riverbank Trails with our local group, depending on weather and which trails are unpassable.

140km goal for the month.
    Upcoming Events Subject to change.
    June 12, 2016 Heritage Run Half Marathon
    July ???
    August ???
    Sept 11, 2016 Don't Get lost in the Woods HM
    Sept 23, 2016 Roots and Ruts 10km
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    May was awful for me, glad it's over! I'm aiming for 60 miles again, nothing is going to stop me this month! :)
  • glitterrainn
    glitterrainn Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    New here! I'm gonna try for 60!

Upcoming events:
    6/25 The Dirty Dash
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I had to think about this month's goal for a while since a) there's been some flooding here in southern Germany and my regular running path is closed, b) I'm going away for a few days this week, and c) I don't want to risk setting a goal I can't reach. Still, I passed my May goal by several km, so I'm going for 35km this month (running only).

I had a nice shorter run this morning - the weather is warm and the air is humid, so I felt that I had to wear my running shorts instead of tights, which always makes me feel self-conscious. It was still a good choice though. I've been feeling pretty great for the past couple of days anyway (looks like all the exercise I've been getting is actually doing me some good) and running wasn't too hard this morning. Still working on pacing and heart rate though...

exercise.png
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    June 1     5.1      5.1  

exercise.png
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I ran 4 miles this morning and only copped it was the 1st of June when I went to log it. Where did May go. So its gave me an unexpected good start to the month. Only going for 60 miles this as I have family coming to stay for a week.

exercise.png

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Happy National Running Day!

Got up at 4:45am to get my run in before work and it was fantastic! Only 62 degrees F (17 degrees C) out and no humidity and was able to take Neeko with me again so we were both happy. Rediscovered that I actually CAN run without needing a million walk breaks and got thru the 22 minute run with only 1 needed and that was because my piraformis started complaining and needed a short break. Only down side was I wanted 3 miles but ran out of time to avoid making hubby and I late for work. :(

My question of the day, is it better to get up at o' dark 30 to run when it is cool and get a really good quality run in or should I run a little later in the morning since unfortunately my race doesn't start until 8 AM and I am worried about the heat on race day but I know my training runs will be crap?

Date Run Totals
    6/1 - 2 mi - 2 mi

Goal 40 miles

Races :
    6/11 Run and Ride 5K Cedar Point
    7/10 Debbie Hudacko 5 mile
    10/8 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #1
    11/5 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #2
    12/3 Outdoor Trail Series 5 mile #3
    12/? Santa Hustle Half Marathon Cedar Point

Need to find a 10K in September or October I think.
  • Mathsrunner
    Mathsrunner Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Completely destroyed my goal last month, but going to stay a bit conservative this month as I have no HM to train for/run now until September. So, with that said, I think I'll try for 70 miles this month and see how that goes.

exercise.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    June
    1-nothing

exercise.png

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run 8k chip time: 53:37
    Feb 15 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k runkeeper time: 1:13:20
    Mar 12-Great Pi Run 5k 32:17
    May 7-Door County Half Marathon 2:51:11
    May 28-29-Global 5k Run Virtual 40:08
    May 28-Top Gun Run 5k Virtual 41:46
    June 11-Rock n Sole 1/4 Marathon?
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half (got my gear-good stuff)
    July 20-Cream Puff 5k?
    July 30-National Watermelon Day 5k?
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    2 little miles this morning in honor of National Running Day (come on people - just go with it - if we don't run on this day, WHO WILL?)

66 degrees with 91% humidity. This is why I don't usually run on summer mornings. It may be 80 at 8pm but lower humidity. Approximately 3 more months of this weather. I will survive and that first 48 degree run of Fall I'll be shivering and overdressed ;)
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles in June

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am going with a goal of 125. Same as last month, only hopefully I won't miss a week plus due to illness.

Good luck all! As always, thanks @Stoshew71 for organizing us all!

6/1 - 5.11 miles on National / Global Running Day! Woot!

exercise.png