JM 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    k ladies and gents...tomorrow is the 29th!! for those of you starting with me then...let's do this!!! for those of you who have already started....we will be joining you shortly...and for those of you starting in a few...can't wait to hear how it goes!!
  • nicolenayima
    nicolenayima Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D1 with my sister this morning, and it was definitely a work out! Not looking forward to getting more sore as the day progresses, but I'll be back tomorrow morning for Day 2!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    ****fair warning (not a lecture) to all of you who are wanting to do a ton of exercise on top of the shred...it is good to push yourself, and it is good to get extra cals burned, but I recommend sticking with a reasonable amount of exercise that you will be able to follow through with all of the time! The more you plan...the more chances you have of failing each goal...and once you fail 1, it is easier to fail them all! I know that a huge loss is always nice...but remember, that slow and steady wins the race!! and what you are doing now to lose the weight, is gonna show you what you will need to do for the rest of your life to maintain your goal weight!! :)****

so true! I started 30DS last month and had other workouts scheduled on top of it. Zumba twice a week and jogging 3x a week. It was too much and I burned myself out and caused some pain in my legs. I ended up going almost two weeks without exercise. This month I'm going to focus on just the shred and maybe get some other things in if I'm feeling it, but not scheduled because it's true...for me anyway...I kind of have the all or nothing mentality, which I'm trying to break, but when I fail one goal, they all come toppling down because I feel like I might as well just give up. i only set 3 goals for myself this month and going to do my best to stick to them!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    tjradd-My HR monitor results for calories burned were (I have issues keeping my heart rate down to fat burning zone, so athough my caloric burn was good, it would've been more beneficial if I could've slowed it down some)

day 1-268
    day 2-265
    day 3-245

That's about what I burn too. My HR is always higher than my optimal zone. If I tried to stay in the zone, I would only be able to walk...I'm hoping as I lose weight and get into even better shape that it will continue to go down.
  • PersianFlower
    PersianFlower Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Today will be 'Day 1' for me (I like starting on Mondays for things lol), I've done it once or twice when I got the DVD (about a month or so ago) but now that I'm out of college and settled in my job I have time to get started right!

Ugg jacked up my ankle again (old injury) so I'm out for this round everyone :( Back to yoga dvds and the pool >.> Good Luck all!
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    L1D1 - It may have only been 27 minutes but I had sweat dripping off my face and my body was burning! I'm sure tomorrow will be even harder with the lingering pain from today but I am going to believe everybody else and hope it gets better by day 4 or 5! I had to do "girly" push-ups for the first time in my life so I am hoping that by day 30 I can do the "real" push-ups again!

Starting Measurements:
    Neck - 15
    Waist - 43.5
    Hips - 44.5
    Thighs - 23.75
    Biceps - 13.25
    Bust - 43.5
    Chest - 39
    Weight - 192
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So excited to start! Me an my hubby are doing it when he gets home in an hour so I can't wait! Took my measurements and before pics last night! Hopefully I'll be able to post after pictures, because if I don't loose anything I probably wont be posting pics
    Good luck everybody!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    day 2 level 2 done! no back to back today as too tired from zumba yesterday
  • tjradd73
    Options
    nayima-i joined ya today on day 1!!! it's cool that you got your sis to do it with you...is she gonna continue on for the full 30 too???

silvery-great plan girl!!! I know that you are gonna kill it this month!! and i will be right there with you for every step of it!! and no worries about your HR...it will come down as the weight drops off...mine maintains around 65-70 resting and 140-150 during the shred...even though I am dripping sweat throughout!

Adileh-good luck, get better soon...and thanks for lettin us know :)

wannabahotmom-great job today!!! i did day 1 today too...and although i feel pretty good right now...i was also dripping by the time i was finished!!! day 4-5 should def be way easier, and then it will almost be time to start all over again at level 2!!

skpresley-let us now how you guys do with it!! and remember...even if you dont lose a lot of weight...you will still probably lose a ton of inches...and even if you can't see a diff, i bet we all will be able too!!

Mariam-way to get it done still!! and good thinkin on not pushing your body too hard...nothing good can ever come from that!

AFM-L1D1 done!!! here are my before stats:

weight: 123.8
    L/R calf: 13.0
    L/R thigh: 20.5
    hips: 37.0
    belly: 30.5
    waist: 27.0
    ribs: 32.75
    L/R arm: 12.0
    chest: 35.75

let's keep up the momentum folks...I am interested to see which of you will finish this with me?! :)
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Just posted sth for the same reason!! Friend request sent!
  • calicobonny
    Options
    Just finished L1D1.

Here are my starting stats:

SW: 125
    GW: 100

Biceps: 11 in.
    Waist: 30 in.
    Belly: 35 in.
    Hips: 37 in.
    Thighs: 22 in.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting today! Be sure to keep us updated! I just finished day 7 - feeling great, I'm starting to look forward to it every morning! So much energy! =) don't give up, push through the 30 days, I can't wait to see all of our results.
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    omg i feel like I'm dying! I'm shaking even as I write this and I did the shred 10 minutes ago! I'm STILL sweating! It was harder than I expected it to be and I reviewed the tape the day before and everything just to get a feel of what it'd be like and it honestly didn't look that hard- until I started it! OMG not looking forward to tomorrow. Almost fell down the steps because my legs were shaking so bad!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Evotchka-got your request, thanks!! Glad to hear that you are with me! Did you just start today? didya do your before pics/stats?

calicobonny-awesome!! how do you feel after doing day 1? I am feelin pretty good still...may be a diff story during my day 2 tomorrow!! :laugh:

Des92-day 7 already?! how time flies when you are having fun!!! You are almost ready to go to level 2!! woot woot!! :drinker:

skpresley-way to get it done!!! don't give up...it is a hard workout, but you can so do this!!! we are here to support you through it everyday!! great job on day 1! :flowerforyou:

AFM-like I said earlier...I finished L1D1...now keep in mind, I have done day 1 like 7 times over the past 8 months, as a random workout...but I just reallized, this will be the first time that I get to day 2!! LOL can't wait! :heart:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done. :smile: I pushed myself extra hard since this is my second round (did a round in April). I struggled with anterior raises as usual, my arms get tired quickly! I did NOT struggle with the cardio this time though, that is awesome feeling. My legs were jelly in the shower afterwards, made it difficult to get clean!
  • bmwells1
    bmwells1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I did day 3, level 1 today and WOW! I love the support I get here on the boards, it is what is keeping me going. I am looking forward to day 4 which a few have said is when it gets easier. I cant wait to see the end results! Take care everyone and happy shredding!
  • nicolenayima
    nicolenayima Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My sis is hopefully going to be joining me most mornings for the work out so that's pretty exciting. Way more fun to have a partner in the room with me!
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    L1D4 and I feel like jello. My husband and I are enjoying it though, sure better than sitting together on the couch.
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    L1D3. I should be on day 4 but missed a day. It is still kicking my butt, but I feel good about it and I've already lost a couple pounds. Down to 209.8 SW:212.4 Want to be under 200 when it is over. I think it may be possible!
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    L1D5 Down! Woot. Haven't lost weight, but I think it is due to retention due to swollen muscles. It is definately easier today than day 1&2.

For those of you just starting: you are going to be sore tomorrow, but once you do your warm up, then you WILL be able to do the routine tomorrow...and the next day.