40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Did a little 3.5 mile walk this morning with scouts and families.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    Cardio, today. ZOOM!
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    44 year old type 2 diabetic.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Relief"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Finally back to working out. Between being sick and being super busy at work and the long weekend I hadn't worked out for 2 weeks. Felt ok. Did cardio kickboxing Friday night and Saturday and kettlebell Saturday too. Felt good to hit and kick the bag. Didn't go as heavy as usual in kettlebell to avoid any injuries and because I still seem to get tired.

Today is a two hour self defence seminar which should be good. This is the class I take Friday nights, the founder is in town so we have a seminar and then grading Friday night. I've never graded for anything before so I'm a little nervous!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    Good luck, 3furballs!
  • angieh5793
    angieh5793 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Why types of exercise do you all stick with? I walk 2+ miles every morning and try to run a bit.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    In the Springles vs the Yard, the Springles have a hard-fought victory. e5rr7v17bhbz.jpeg
    This is only today's count! Yesterday was a 300 calorie win!
  • JamesBost2016
    JamesBost2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    44, 6'4" 368 two months ago. Currently 339. Have a goal to jog for more than a block and not feel like I'm going to die. Definately be following.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    angieh5793 wrote: »
    Why types of exercise do you all stick with? I walk 2+ miles every morning and try to run a bit.
    Honestly the key is to do something physical you enjoy and are more likely to stick with it.
    I do resistance training 2x week and cardio 4x week and one rest day.
    Once I reach maintenance I plan in splitting it evenly.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ran 15km race today. Lots of stops due to lack of training but still ran reasonably respectable time. Then kicked a** at pool tournament!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just saying HELLO!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Speed & Agility"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Rest day today - active rest in the form of cheering you guys and ladies on!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

LOVE Insanity! my favorite cardio workout these days is max30 since its so short. TEaching the live classes are fun too!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

LOVE Insanity! my favorite cardio workout these days is max30 since its so short. TEaching the live classes are fun too!
    I don't have MAX:30. I hear Beachbody's summer sale starts today and that will be one of the programs on sale. depending on the discount, I MAY grab it.

Legs & Back=DONE!

• abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well....... It's a new week. I don't seem to be getting the exercise routine down to well. Between 40 hours a week job, school, and a family, which includes a grand-baby I keep on the week end it just doesn't seem to be coming together. I am getting the eating thing down though. I had a couple of blunders but much better than usual. I did get to walk some Friday. I did 16000 steps according to my fitbit, so "yay me"! Feeling better if nothing else. Well, here's to a new week!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Legs last night and back this morning.
    Love working the hammies- they give the back of your leg nice definition.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    hello all. i still worked out but slacked on diet all winter [gained a few pounds grrr]. I am back on MFP. Doing Jim Stoppini's Hiit 100 6 week shred weight lifting program 6 days a week + 3 HIIT 20 minute run sessions a week [have a great app for that] and an awesome PIYO class at my gym 1 day/week. Also trying to get my macros right, especially protein. Have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks ....15-20 pounds to go...yikes! but it's nice doing less cardio and more lifting...I never want to see 160 again. Shocked frankly that I was above 160 at 5'2"! [my goal is 140...at my most fit in my 30s I was in the low 130s].