Back on the Wagon!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    After today, my kids have 3 1/2 days of school. You can just feel the excitement it in the air. Have a great Monday!
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Had pizza with the family tonight.
    So happy I stuck to 1 piece of pizza and some salad. :) feeling in control and fabulous!
    Enjoy your evening.

Well done you! That's how to do it! Still enjoy everything but all in moderation,

I made my dinner this evening, put back a slice of bread I had cut for myself, and swapped it with a beer. It's super sunny here today and I'm enjoying the last few minutes of sunshine on my balcony with my beer! You can still enjoy stuff, just in moderation, and this weight loss journey is the first time I've been able to
    DO moderation rather than eat everything in sight Hahahaha.

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This blinking wagon is a tough old ride sometimes. I've fallen off a few times. Clinging on tight this time!
  • jm216
    Options
    Had pizza with the family tonight.
    So happy I stuck to 1 piece of pizza and some salad. :) feeling in control and fabulous!
    Enjoy your evening.

Well done you! That's how to do it! Still enjoy everything but all in moderation,

I made my dinner this evening, put back a slice of bread I had cut for myself, and swapped it with a beer. It's super sunny here today and I'm enjoying the last few minutes of sunshine on my balcony with my beer! You can still enjoy stuff, just in moderation, and this weight loss journey is the first time I've been able to
    DO moderation rather than eat everything in sight Hahahaha.

I love the bread/beer trade! We still have to live our lives....and this is a lifestyle change. The second I say, " you can't have that," I want it even more. Like you said...moderation.
  • jm216
    Options
    This blinking wagon is a tough old ride sometimes. I've fallen off a few times. Clinging on tight this time!

We'll help you stay on this time B)
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm restarting today. I lost 72lbs 3 years ago and gain almost 60 back. It kept me unmotivated and in a bad head space for a long time. In January I decided to start again and lost 26lbs. Two weeks ago I stopped being strict and have already gain 6lbs. I'm not waiting another 3 years. Today I'm back at it!

Great attitude Amandalyn! It seems like when we're doing good, something in our brains says, " You don't have to watch what you're eating anymore." The second we do that, the weight creeps back.
  • amandalyn44
    amandalyn44 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting today. I lost 72lbs 3 years ago and gain almost 60 back. It kept me unmotivated and in a bad head space for a long time. In January I decided to start again and lost 26lbs. Two weeks ago I stopped being strict and have already gain 6lbs. I'm not waiting another 3 years. Today I'm back at it!

Great attitude Amandalyn! It seems like when we're doing good, something in our brains says, " You don't have to watch what you're eating anymore." The second we do that, the weight creeps back.

That's exactly what happens. Give myself a little room and I do ok so then I think "well I did okay with that, this won't be that bad". Then I'm mad at myself because I know it is, and I just allow myself to be defeated. Not anymore. It's not how many times you restart its that you never stop restarting.
  • jm216
    Options
    Each day is a new beginning, and a fresh start. When you've got a group of friends who are on the same journey, it makes the ride more fun! <3
  • jm216
    Options
    Speaking of making the ride more fun....
    I like to dance while doing the dishes and laundry.

My 11-year-old daughter thinks I'm so weird! :D
  • jm216
    Options
    It's Tuesday and gloomy outside....perfect night to have breakfast for dinner. <3
  • kwitherspoon19
    kwitherspoon19 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm Jill.... At one point I lost 40 pounds, but I've gained 35 back. Enough is enough! I'm taking back my life.

Jill, I'm in the exact same situation. We can do this! I know it's hard to start over but if we just take it one day at a time and make smarter choices when it comes to food and our activity levels we will be back on track in no time! :)
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm Jill.... At one point I lost 40 pounds, but I've gained 35 back. Enough is enough! I'm taking back my life.

Jill, I'm in the exact same situation. We can do this! I know it's hard to start over but if we just take it one day at a time and make smarter choices when it comes to food and our activity levels we will be back on track in no time! :)

Hi K,

Awesome! We're so glad you're joining us. :)
    We can all do this together.

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Day 9- Still on the wagon...still have to keep an eye on my chip portions. What snack/food do you have a hard time with?

Have a great evening. I wish you all a good night's sleep.
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Wednesday friends!
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Day 9- Still on the wagon...still have to keep an eye on my chip portions. What snack/food do you have a hard time with?

Have a great evening. I wish you all a good night's sleep.

Bread, it's always about bread. Haha. I have not had chips, or chocolate in 2 months, but bread? Nope. Can't stop eating my bread. I also really LOVE hard boiled eggs. I could happily eat a box of 6 given half a chance lol.
    I've gotten pretty good with only snacking with fruit and/or nuts, and definitely don't snack as much as I used to! :)
  • jm216
    Options
    I totally understand your bread craving. Toast is one of my favorite things!!!! Bread and butter....mmmm :p
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm so tired today....I just got my new progressive eyeglasses, and I think my eyes just need a little break....something a 20 minute catnap souls help with....
  • jm216
    Options
    *should help with.....see what I mean? :D