* a bug hit me in the eye
    * I climbed things
    * I explored caves
    * Saw majestic middle aged man take a dump in the forest

My little trail runner!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - Good plan with the time off (the kitten, coffee, nap, that is).

Good luck on your race tonight @katharmonic!

@cljoe7 - Get well soon!

@MNLittleFinn - I would suggest resting too, but watch out because I wound up getting injured so my advice might be risky.

@5BeautifulDays - Let me know when you find a dragon. I think I could use one too.

Re: Road ID, I should get one, but if I die out there I want them to have a little bit of mystery to figure out after I went through all that effort to run to death. I worked hard, so should they. Since I have no allergies they can do whatever normal protocol dictates.

@moyer566 - Those epic wipes are interesting for sure. Could also make a terrible gag gift about a large butt or something.

@AdrianChr92 - You and the other uninjured runners just keep on running so we sidelined folks have something to wish we were doing.

@louubelle16 - Your new job situation sounds great for running addiction...I mean, running goals!:blush:

Way to recover @ceciliaslater! :smiley:

Welcome @Josh_lol !

@4leighbee - I'm sure it was your fierce face. It's like finish line photos. The more bad *kitten* you try and look the more it looks like your about to stumble face down and die.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    I may have lucked out with this foot issue. I don't know why it did not hurt when I fell but based on the area of pain, how I could not put any pressure on it last night and requiring crutches, the improvements this morning to now being able to walk with no increase in pain (but lingering sorebess), I am quite certain it was a subluxated cuboid. It would have happened when my ankle rolled and miraculously did not result in ankle injury. Sometime overnight, perhaps when I moved my foot about to stretch/move it testing motion/pain and to give it mild exercise it may have moved back in place some. Today as I narrowed the cause down I did some work to aid the cuboid into place (didn't feel it move though). At this point I'm waiting for the soreness to dissipate before testing levels of pushing off on it. I may be back sooner than I thought.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @whatmerunning. I'm totally leaning toward resting an extra day. It's not like I'm going to lose any cardio running 2-3 days this week instead of my normal 5...
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Heading out to Savannah and Charleston tomorrow, so not sure how much running will actually get accomplished. But since it turned hot so much earlier than I expected, I had to go out for awhile tonight just to get my steps in. Found a decent new course to play with....

Guess we'll see how the rest of the week pans out for mileage.
  • Rebekah_1199
    Rebekah_1199 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Late, and I'll have to start on Monday since this weekend is booked to the brim, but I'm going to try for 25, with a stretch of 45. used to do 5k's through childhood and I'd love to get back into it!!

Update, here is my tracker:

exercise.png
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Ended up doing a bonus treadmill mile yesterday before lifting, and got in 10 more miles this afternoon with some friends. Ended up splitting into 2 groups on today's run as a friend wanted to catch up about a mutual acquaintance and she tends to run faster, but I had some good conversations with the other two about Kazakhstani gender relations after she split off.

Made some very poor food choices the past few days (including getting all-you-can-eat seats for today's double-header vs. the Mets), so I'm going to resume my food logging here, as I'd like to run Chicago at 150 (10lb loss) in October, and would rather gradually shed 0.5lb/week over the next 3 months instead of just losing 1lb/week for my last 2 months when doing my long runs.

6/1 - 4 miles
    6/2 - 8 miles
    6/3 - 13.5 miles
    6/5 - 13.5 miles
    6/6 - 9 miles
    6/7 - 10 miles

Total: 58 miles
    Goal: 200 miles
    Remaining: 142 miles

2016 Race Schedule:
    Disney Marathon - Jan 6 - 3:29:09
    Gasparilla 15K - Feb 20 - 1:01:59
    Ironman 70.3 Florida - Apr 10 - 5:07:51
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 1 - 3:08:25

Ironman 70.3 Augusta - Sep 25
    Chicago Marathon - Oct 9
    Ironman Florida - Nov 5
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »
    Did 5.5 miles today. ////// Got to see some parts of the city I'd never walked through before.
    @savyna Some people will do anything to get a little more distance in, o:) That's usually called being lost.
    It's a beautiful day outside and the trails are finally OPEN!! So I put on those brand spanking new Hoka Stinsons, Needless to say I am taking these shoes back. Maybe I'll give some PoppetsMaster type shoes a try just to see how that goes. It sure can't be worse.
    @WhatMeRunning My favorite Running Store no longer carries Hoka's as they had to many people returning the shoes for exchanges or dropping them in the garbage. As one lady said she wouldn't even drop them in a charity bin.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Welcome @becalee26 and @Anuta78 !

Congrats @katharmonic! Race day is so full of energy. It's so awesome to put in a surprise performance!
  • zmcgrandles
    zmcgrandles Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    06/07 3.1 miles 1st run back enjoyed being back running after over a week kept it short but hilly

exercise.png

05/29 Edinburgh half marathon 2:59:05
    10/09 Oxford Vitality half marathon
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - congratulations! Sounds fun!
    @whatmerunning - glad it seems to be not as bad as you first thought.
    @patrikc333 - funny, I never thought about people changing to please someone else. I always think of people trying to change their partner. Married 30 years... of course, many ups and downs. We've been on an up the past few years and part of it is the empty nest. Loved raising the kids and all that, but to be back on our own alone, and do what we want is great! He's always doing nice things for me and supporting me, and I do the same.

Finally got to run today. It was 95% humidity. Long run tomorrow and then start my traveling until July. I'm having trouble keeping up while home so not sure I will keep up while away. But, keep up the great runs! And no one else get hurt!

6/1 - 22 miles cycling
    6/2 - 5 miles + strength training
    6/3 -rest and recovery day
    6/4 - 34 miles cycling
    6/5 - 42 miles cycling
    6/6 - rest day - only 4 hours sleep - didn’t think I should
    6/7 - strength training + 1 mile on treadmill (tropical storm rest day)
    6/8 - 5 miles - yay! finally

exercise.png