40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    On my bike for 4 hours today. I am so completely done haha
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 of Sl5x5. Impatient to get back to what I used to lift 4 years ago. Always a kick in the pants to think if only one had just kept with it back then....
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    Options
    Just got back from a short ride - banked 450 calories for today, NICE!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    The pelvic MRI was not a very good experience. The abdominal MRI was much faster/better. I have cd-images of all the scans. It is CRAZY how LARGE the tumor is! I have compared my images to *kitten*-tons on google, but cannot confirm "benign" or "malignant".....i meet with my family dr on Monday, but might try and call my gyne to squish me in tomorrow morning.

I only had time to get "lifting" on Tuesday of this week....have been working (and going to dr's appts) all the rest of the time. Likely will get one cardio session in on Saturday. And then I should be back to "regular" schedule (3 x lifting, 1 x cardio) next week.

BOOM!

That is crazy big! Love your attitude. Wishing you all the best with the surgery.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Great job everyone! Some of your workouts are certainly intense!

Ran my half marathon on Sunday. It was a personal worst. So many tummy issues that I had to keep stopping to use the porta potty. Grrrr. Otherwise, it was a beautiful run. Had a great time with my gal pals, and glad I got the exercise in.
    Am working with a naturopath, so am hoping she can help with some of these issues I've been experiencing since hitting menopause. :/

My PT is busy this month, so we are on hold until July. In the meantime, I am going to run / ride my bike. :)
  • kateena01
    kateena01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    43 year old mother of 3 and non-profit exec. Happy to find this group!!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @sdereski Sorry to hear your half didn't go great. My last one was disastrous. But, like the pain of having a baby, the memory is slowly fading and I'm sure I'll do another. Decided to stick to10Ks this summer- more enjoyable and less time consuming to train for. You have a great attitude- sounds like you still found some fun in it!

Legs today... AGAIN! The program I am following does them twice a week. At least it means no more post exercise muscle soreness as I am keeping up with it. Squat rack was broken at the gym this morning though- my favourite piece of equipment :(

Bought a new scale. Measures everything from soup to nuts. Can't wait to see what it reads my BMI at.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    You finished the half, sdereski....so, CONGRATS on that!

My surgery date got moved up....June 21! I am terrified and excited at the same time. Maybe this summer will bring some "rest" and then I can HIT THE IRON HARD come September. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Relief"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    Options
    It is Dragon Boat Festival holiday here today so took the bike out for a 4hr ride - absolutely spent but the upside is that I got to eat a Snickers, a Nakd Cocoa Delight (an energy bar that tastes divine) and a few other goodies without worrying if I'll go over the calories goal of today :#
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    After having 2 major surgeries between October and March, I've put on 30 lbs. Finally ok'd to start working out, so I'm back to Body Beast and Turbo Fire. It feels so good to get back to it!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    You finished the half, sdereski....so, CONGRATS on that!

My surgery date got moved up....June 21! I am terrified and excited at the same time. Maybe this summer will bring some "rest" and then I can HIT THE IRON HARD come September. BOOM!

Fingers and toes crossed for you Beeps! Prayers too. :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Been feeling pretty crummy this week. Not sure what's going on, just feel really worn out and my body (especially my legs and back) aches. It's like all the running I've done in the last couple months is finally catching up with me. I actually think my depression might be flaring up, because I've been feeling mentally blah lately too. The depression is a huge energy zapper. Gotta fight through it... regardless, I'm taking a rest day today, except for bowling tonight.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Arms, the dreaded abs, and a TM HIIT run this morning.

Set up my new scale. Excited until I read that if you have metal implants it may not work. So not sure how the plate in my arm, and screws in my hand and knee will affect the output. It claims that I am slightly dehydrated, have a normal BMI but my muscle mass is low (kinda doubt that one) and my bone mass is too high (again doubtful). Not the best $40 I have ever spent.