Do you believe in fate ?

Options

Replies

• kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I believe in the many-worlds theory of quantum mechanics. You are living in every possible scenario possible, and there are a Googolplex of different universes existing where you don't exist in them. Our minds can only process events in discrete order though so we see our past and present as one continuous experience of "I."
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    Today I went to Starbucks, and ordered a Grande when I really wanted (and usually ask for) a Venti. I get to the window, pay, and the lady tells me they "accidentally" made me a Venti.

Now THAT'S fate.

I dunno. I'd say that is minor good fortune smiling on you and maybe slightly bad service. But- still good fortune is good. 'Specially at SBucks.

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    kuftae wrote: »
    I believe in the many-worlds theory of quantum mechanics. You are living in every possible scenario possible, and there are a Googolplex of different universes existing where you don't exist in them. Our minds can only process events in discrete order though so we see our past and present as one continuous experience of "I."

That is liquid yuppie crack dealing. I get that 'Oooops, we pulled an extra shot, do you want it' stuff all the time there. Cost is nill compared to bringing your back for the addiction.

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    Today I went to Starbucks, and ordered a Grande when I really wanted (and usually ask for) a Venti. I get to the window, pay, and the lady tells me they "accidentally" made me a Venti.

Now THAT'S fate.

I dunno. I'd say that is minor good fortune smiling on you and maybe slightly bad service. But- still good fortune is good. 'Specially at SBucks.

no it's fate

I guess my fate cards are so darn cosmic and life changing that I have forgotten how dynamic coffee coincidences are. #hiddenbragonmyownfate

• ShinySkyShaymin1994
    ShinySkyShaymin1994 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes I more then just believe in it with how my life is going right now!
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    We live we die our spirits gets reincarnated into something else with no recollection of its past rinse and repeat the end

That's is one theory ..

I prefer to believe that God is in control of all things and that what is know as fate is his devine providence in our lives. Things happen for a reason and it is more than mere chance.
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I believe that you can never trust a fart.
  • veerod993
    veerod993 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I beileve in fate, we all do things with reasoning. Without reasoning we wouldnt do the things that we do leading us to the places that well be. Personally since I also have a faith in god I do also beileve that he controls our fate. I think we were all put on this Earth for something, that we live to see another daylight for something greater than just a coincidence.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Ok so let's say God didn't create the earth or man, let's look at what we know 100% what did man create?
    The wheel
    Cars
    Fancy houses
    iPhone
    Greed
    People say if there is a god why are so many people in the world suffering still?
    I say that's probably down to man being greedy and nothing to do with God
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    Ok so let's say God didn't create the earth or man, let's look at what we know 100% what did man create?
    The wheel
    Cars
    Fancy houses
    iPhone
    Greed
    People say if there is a god why are so many people in the world suffering still?
    I say that's probably down to man being greedy and nothing to do with God

Religion
    Medicine
    Charity
    The written word
    Maths
    Science
    Babies (technically women)
    Music!!!!!!!!

the list goes on and on, it could easily be bombs, blah blah
  • kate141987
    Options
    Well it's been good seeing everyone's take on things
  • kate141987
    Options
    I am currently living in comfort thanks to everything man created so I can't grumble
    I was ill the other week and had antibiotics sooo....I'm just grateful there are people that can be clever enough to make all that stuff
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    We live we die our spirits gets reincarnated into something else with no recollection of its past rinse and repeat the end

That's is one theory ..

I prefer to believe that God is in control of all things and that what is know as fate is his devine providence in our lives. Things happen for a reason and it is more than mere chance.

And you're okay of believing that? That you're God is so awesome and perfect that he created all things including lucifer and man and the tree of whatever it was? Sounds like he's playing you coz according to some Christians God knows all past present and future if that is true why did he create lucifer knowing he'll rebel later and why did he made man knowing they'll screw up later and why did he put the tree there in front of their faces and said don't eat it? that's likes dangling cake I'm front of a fat kid's face. In the end your perfect God isn't so perfect after all creating so much imperfect creation anyway that's my take on that deal

Praying for you! #beblessed #godwillhealyourheart #repent

tj2m6AA.gif
This discussion has been closed.