married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Sometimes he wants ME to powder his area...then thinks it's hilarious when he farts right after and a white cloud rushes toward my face.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I do all the household stuff. I kill the bugs, I tend to the yard, I repaired the shed and its door, I installed shelves in the basement. I tend to be the handy person in the family. If I didn't it wouldn't get done and I'm the one who stays home so why not. Keeps me busy
  • pansamanchada
    pansamanchada Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I do all the household stuff. I kill the bugs, I tend to the yard, I repaired the shed and its door, I installed shelves in the basement. I tend to be the handy person in the family. If I didn't it wouldn't get done and I'm the one who stays home so why not. Keeps me busy

Good for you!!!
    Can you please talk to my wife? hahaha
    She won't let me do some things around the house 'cause I dont do'em as perfectly as she does, like laundry, and there are some things that she won't touch like putting the garbage can back in the backyard lol
  • rachelbeirne
    rachelbeirne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Time to hit the gym!!! Who is already there? Who is going? Who is done?

If you count walking 5 or so km as gym....I'm on holiday so no gym.

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options

Wow that is so great!
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This thread seems like random things married people say/do...and I have read most of it lol
    So here's a question for us married chit-chatters

What jobs do you have now you didn't know you had to do before getting married?

A couple odd jobs for me are:

- Bug inspector/Killer - I inspect to see if I can recognize it, does it jump? does it spit? does it light up? and then I kill it. Most likely with windex, perfume or a flip flop thrown from 10 ft away.

- Smoke alarms silencer - I shouldn't even say this 'cause it implies she/we burn our food but nonetheless. If the smoke alarm sounds, I'm in charge of turning it off...most likely by venting it with a towel or a magazine.

What about you guys? can you relate?

I never expected to be a farmer. So mucking out coops and hauling water and feed were never on my radar.

Otherwise we've split the household tasks pretty typically. He handles outside stuff, things involving tools and anything high (I'm 5'1"), and I take care of the inside of the house, the kids and the cooking.

Oh, he did insist I handle the money, though, which I'd never done much of before. He wanted me to know how all the finances worked in case he ever died. I just leave his weekly cash on the nightstand every Friday and take care of all the rest lol.
  • pansamanchada
    pansamanchada Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Speaking of money, I had to declare my hidden bank accounts which I used to use to take care of my mother. The most difficult part for me was getting a joint account and declaring my bank and trading accounts. I am a proponent of financial freedom because right now I cannot invest without "letting her know".

It is good that there is an oversight but it's bad that I am not daytrading like I used to. My wife is very paranoid of taking risks while I have a higher risk appetite. I was initially bummed about it but when our savings ballooned up and we were able to put down a down payment for the house, I was pleased. I could never have done it without my wife.

I am one of those guys who does not believe housing is a good investment anymore. I like my money on anything but real estate and I was happy living in a studio apartment with an air mattress and quick rice with chicken was a fancy dinner. Now I have a home, a lawn and trees which officially belong to me on a piece of land. Before I married my wife, this was unthinkable.

Cool story bro. Congrats on being a homeowner!!!
    Something similar happened in the realm of generosity, we could say I was hard to unclench my fist, but my wife is very generous, very giving, and now that we do this we don't really miss the money/things we give away. And I would swear we get things and love back more than plenty in return. Same as you, I would never have experienced this without my wife.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Grandchildren here two more days
    Kings island amusement park in 3 hours of heavy rain
    Family reunion tomorrow boys leave Monday 12375 steps on Friday at amusement park
  • Died95
    Died95 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i4cv8k5tdiid.jpeg
  • Died95
    Died95 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    j4ni133c1gm5.jpeg
  • hankpick77
    hankpick77 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Happily married, ( have had tough times but you have to work through it), three boys, 12,18,20
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options

@synchkat there are somethings i think a Man should do around the house....even if he does provide the money...im glad you are that handy though...when can i get my own AliClone
  • synchkat
    Options

@synchkat there are somethings i think a Man should do around the house....even if he does provide the money...im glad you are that handy though...when can i get my own AliClone

I don't see the need for "man" jobs and"women's" jobs. We're all equal. I'll send am AliClone in the mail
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My life is back grandkids,activities,roofers,on the go5 days
    Today 47 min cardio ,then 12 min cardio more to come
    My attitude is low I am tired
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    All the "man" stuff... around the house... I built the fence... acted as general contractor for the garage I wanted... (it's a nice garage)... landscaper (fence, patio, raised flower beds and all manner of earthwork)... (as opposed to lawn & garden maintenance which I also do)... cabinetmaker, furniture designer and maker... also chef... ( My wife used to boil roasts) menu planner and nutritionist... pet groomer... furniture mover, mechanic...home maintenance engineer...
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    RE fence... I hand dug 26 post holes with a 10 inch diameter and 48 inches deep...she helped with 2 holes so she could say... "I helped build that fence"
  • synchkat
    Options
    When I was younger I helped my dad dig a trench in my grandparents backyard and fill it with gravel cause their septic tile bed wasn't working properly. I like helping out. I also helped tear down their wooden fence until I stepped on a nail sticking out of a board.

I tried to fix the washing machine but the issue was unfixable. I also tend to think I'm stronger than I am and move giant tables our of basements and almost crush myself. I love putting together Ikea furniture too. That's a treat. The past few years I'd handle moving the snow tires and summer tires from the shed to the cars. I fixed a drainage issue in the dishwasher last year. I don't like having to rely on someone else to do things.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My husband is a handy man type. Takes out the garbage. Gets the bugs out (avoid killing them if we can), but I do it if he isn't here (sometimes my older daughter does it). I do the laundry, vacuum, dishes. I do a lot. He does a lot. The kids do stuff (fold their own laundry). We help each other. He cleans the bathroom lately. Sometimes I do. We don't have a yard right now. I want us to get rid of more stuff, more often. I don't care about the hard wood floors and they look fine to me.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I've been on a decluttering spree since the husband invited some friends to stay for a couple of nights. It's amazing what he won't throw out. His office was full of empty computer boxes and just junk he refused to part with. Thank goodness for garbage bins he doesn't put out. :)

I will say we have a housekeeper so neither of us has to do major cleaning, especially toilets. It's really best investment ever.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Time to hit the gym!!! Who is already there? Who is going? Who is done?

Went at lunch. Will be gardening after work.